View Poll Results: What's your favorite form of basketball?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • NBA

7 41.18%
  • WNBA

0 0%
  • NCAA Men's

3 17.65%
  • NCAA Women's

0 0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

0 0%
  • I love and watch all basketball equally!

0 0%
  • I don't like basketball at all (why the heck did I even view this thread? )

7 41.18%

Thread: Basketball

Basketball

What's your favorite form of basketball: the NBA, WNBA, NCAA Men's, NCAA Women's or another?

And what are your favorite and least favorite teams, games, venues, etc., and who are your favorite and least favorite players, coaches, and other basketball figures? =)

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I am deep in the NBA right now with playoffs and all. I grew up a chicago native, and love my jordan era.

since then my favorite teams were the kings with webber, spurs with duncan, orlando is fun to watch, and my bulls are back now.

i am not a fan of the WNBA what so ever. it is a joke. at least for me.

never been a laker fan. kobe pushing out his jaw this year has been such a joke.

favorites of all time NBA are jordan, pippen, webber, ginolbi, I am starting to like durant alot, and rondo has been my favorite young guy for a few years now.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Basketball is my most despised sport. I don't like it one bit.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I hate basketball, everything is a foul and all it is are dunks and punks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    I hate basketball, everything is a foul and all it is are dunks and punks.
    do you watch it?

it seems like you have a stereotype in your head.

I was born and raised in Kentucky, so I'm a big fan of men's college ball. UK's always been my favorite team (like a lot of folk here, I can tell you about anything you want to know about the history of the program, good and bad) followed (very, very distantly) by UK's biggest in-state rival, Louisville.

I don't care all that much for the NBA, though I do keep up with most of the former UK players who are playing pro ball (especially Rondo, Wall, Prince, and Patterson), and I watch some of the playoffs, particularly the finals (now that Boston's are out, I'm rooting for either Chicago or Dallas - though I won't be too bummed if Miami wins it all, because as a UK fan I've got the utmost respect for Pat Riley). =)

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek
    i am not a fan of the WNBA what so ever. it is a joke. at least for me.
    Agreed. I definitely don't mean any disrespect to the WNBA and women college basketballs' players and fans, but...basketball's my favorite sport - it's really the only sport I have any interest in at all - and I'd rather watch just about anything than women's hoops. :b

I have watched at least 78 out of every 82 regular season games my team has played for the last 8 years. I'm not really a team fan but a player fan. Antonio McDyess has been my favorite player for over 15 years.

Sadly, this season was his last. It will be mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Agreed. I definitely don't mean any disrespect to the WNBA and women college basketballs' players and fans, but...basketball's my favorite sport - it's really the only sport I have any interest in at all - and I'd rather watch just about anything than women's hoops. :b
    yeah, no disrespect from me either. but if i watched mens, which is fast, high jumping, and exciting,

then watched it in slow motion and took out the dunks, and added pony tails. why would i like it?

and plus, if they do want it to be equal, why not make the rims smaller, like the ball. some people praise that they shoot so well, but have you seen the ball they use??? its much smaller!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I have watched at least 78 out of every 82 regular season games my team has played for the last 8 years. I'm not really a team fan but a player fan. Antonio McDyess has been my favorite player for over 15 years.

Sadly, this season was his last. It will be mine as well.
    i do hope and pray you find another favorite player. and he gives you 15 more years.