Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Tycons in MOTUC Speculation Thread

  1. #1
    Court Magician Flexor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    62

    Tycons in MOTUC Speculation Thread

    Does anyone remember the Tycons, their leader was
    Called Tycor? Who would want this guy, or a 2 pack
    with him and another Tycon warrior?

  2. #2
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor View Post
    Does anyone remember the Tycons, their leader was
    Called Tycor? Who would want this guy, or a 2 pack
    with him and another Tycon warrior?
    Yes, of course they're remembered, these mean-spirited insectoids!




    They were even included in the 200X era remake (on the MVC comics).





    We certainly need more MotUC releases to army-build the colorful variety of species in the mythos (gars, qadians, avionians, gargons, reptons, dragons, caligars, fishmen, aquaticans, neptunians, karikoni, andreenids, kex, polti, mariposans, arachna, speleans, pelleezeans, goblins, torcs, trolls, kulataks, widgets, twiggets, bibbets, kobolds, ilkorts, firepeople, etc.).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Italy (Rome)
    Posts
    2,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor View Post
    Does anyone remember the Tycons, their leader was
    Called Tycor? Who would want this guy, or a 2 pack
    with him and another Tycon warrior?
    Sure i remember them, the insectoid people from the Filmation cartoon, and from the MVC comics. I would like to have them as figures. The MVC comic in which appeared, in my opinion, is one of the best MOTU stories that i' ve ever read. It reveals a lot about how brutal the tribal wars on Eternia have been in the past, and it's also a fantastic and very touching backstory for Stratos and his sister Hawke (which is another must figure for MOTUC), about the famous Egg and how the magnificent city of Avion was built! I recommend it to any MOTU fan that haven't read it yet.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Triklops 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eternos
    Posts
    4,230
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Sure i remember them, the insectoid people from the Filmation cartoon, and from the MVC comics. I would like to have them as figures. The MVC comic in which appeared, in my opinion, is one of the best MOTU stories that i' ve ever read. It reveals a lot about how brutal the tribal wars on Eternia have been in the past, and it's also a fantastic and very touching backstory for Stratos and his sister Hawke (which is another must figure for MOTUC), about the famous Egg and how the magnificent city of Avion was built! I recommend it to any MOTU fan that haven't read it yet.
    Wow! lots of infos here! thanks grana, I'll read this comic asap

    yeah, tycons, they were very funny in the filmation series, I remember them
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

  5. #5
    Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A thousand dimensions
    Posts
    1,457
    Man, there can not be Tycons without finding a queen to rule over this community first ;
    Bring on Kex Queen Matty, nOoow !

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,476
    I loved the Tycons as a kid, one of my favourite episodes.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hopkinsville, Kentucky
    Posts
    571
    How diverse and amazing this line has become?! Seriously. Instead of hoping for characters like Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Shadow Beasts or the likes of Granamyr, we are looking at obscure characters such as the Tycons? I hope you guys get them!
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

  8. #8
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Man, there can not be Tycons without finding a queen to rule over this community first ;
    Bring on Kex Queen Matty, nOoow !
    But the Kex are a different (and peaceful) species, and the Tycons (who are known to attack the Andreenids and the Avions to get their food) are likely their enemies.



    The Kex are apparently (distantly) related to the Andreenids. Although possibly also the Tycons, as these three species seem more related to each other (Hymenopteroids?) than to the Mariposans (Garth's species, who in turn seem more related to the Polti).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 26, 2015 at 08:58pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  9. #9
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,879
    Always wanted tycor. He and the archaneids could team up against the kex and andrenaids in a battle for the insect world

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,709
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Always wanted tycor. He and the archaneids could team up against the kex and andrenaids in a battle for the insect world
    If Mattel was still making the yearly club Eternia subscriptions maybe, but with Super7 making them and only four collectors choice figures in a wave I highly doubt these characters will see the light of day since the object for Super7 is to sell the four figure wave they need to pick four characters the majority of the fan base want.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Greenskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    Posts
    1,247
    I would be up for having Tycor in MOTUC. Bring him on!
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

    Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    380
    I would love having the Tycons. I like tehir design and with Classics details, they could be amazing figures.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior
    chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    8,288
    Could be interesting seeing these guys in toy form! Sure if there's enough want for them I say bring em on!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  14. #14
    King Of Avalon griffen112182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Posts
    866
    Twitch from Toy Story 3 had multiple figures and kind of looks like a Tycon. I have his 6" articulated figure standing with He-Man and the Masters in that role. Mind you I also have the 12" Thinkway Figure though to the 1" LEGO figure and all of the sizes in between. I use them as him using a shrink/growth power caused by his staff.

    I also have a bio I made up for him that I need to post one of these days. Mind you it is a page and half long and I tried to fit it as best I can into the classics canon.
    Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

    I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

    Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

  15. #15
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Twitch from Toy Story 3 had multiple figures and kind of looks like a Tycon. I have his 6" articulated figure standing with He-Man and the Masters in that role. Mind you I also have the 12" Thinkway Figure though to the 1" LEGO figure and all of the sizes in between. I use them as him using a shrink/growth power caused by his staff.

    I also have a bio I made up for him that I need to post one of these days. Mind you it is a page and half long and I tried to fit it as best I can into the classics canon.
    Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Awesome I thought about using his head for a custom I would love to see a picture of you could post it.

  16. #16
    King Of Avalon griffen112182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Awesome I thought about using his head for a custom I would love to see a picture of you could post it.
    I have some pics in my album on my .org profile page here on the site. I will have to take some new ones with my phone and have some on my computer as well. Can't promise the quality will be to great. There was a Twitch thread on the .org a while back that I posted quite a few pics in as well. Not sure if it was in the "other" forum or the "MOTUC" one?

    Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

    I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

    Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •