Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Seeress in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior

The Seeress in MOTUC

Since everyone seems to be making pages of characters they would like to see in MOTUC I might as well join the trend.

I would love to see the Princess of Power Mini-Comic character who Gbagok has dubbed the Seeress.

She first appeared in "Journey to Mizar" where she refers to herself as the voice of Etheria's long past and the seer of its future (hence the name the Seeress).

She makes her second appearence in "The Hidden Symbols Mystery (looking different from her first appearence but it seems to be the same character) where She-Ra calls her the wise old wizardess (which could be either a description or what she is actually called, but Seeress sounds like a nicer name).

I like to think of her character as She-Ra's version of the Goddess. She is a Mattel created character and has only appeared in Mini-Comics so she is available to be made in MOTUC.

Here are her in some pages from the Mini-Comics...
    Last edited by MichaelStone1984; May 27, 2011 at 02:38pm.

I also am a big fan of this character. She was almost like an early concept for Light Hope. I really hope we get the Seer Of Etheria/ The Wise Old Wizzardess in MOTUC.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

i want a pic! she sounds awesome!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah she is sort of like Light Hope. I like to think of Light hope as the She-Ra equivelent of the Spirit of Grayskull so I equate the Seeress with the Goddess. I like having a lot (but not all) of the He-man characters with a She-Ra equal.
    Last edited by MichaelStone1984; May 27, 2011 at 02:36pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    im going with... no!
    dont need more pop.

Count me in. She would be a perfect sub exclusive.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    The design all in yellow seems very interesting. If they did make her, I'd hope it was something dynamic like that.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I would love to see how the 4H would do her. I'm sure she would be a must have for me.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Yes. She'd be awesome to have. We need more POP and not less.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Indeed--more POP, not less! LOL! I'm a fan of getting a figure based on this character.
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!

Heroic Warrior
    Here is a fan art image created by Gbagok. I like how he combined the two different versions of her and mixed the gold and the purple in a cool way. I also like how she has the starburst design which gives her ties to she-ra. Her outfit here sort of has a Fantastic Fashion feel to it which is awesome. Not sure if thats what Gbagok was going for or not.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984 View Post
    Here is a fan art image created by Gbagok. I like how he combined the two different versions of her and mixed the gold and the purple in a cool way. I also like how she has the starburst design which gives her ties to she-ra. Her outfit here sort of has a Fantastic Fashion feel to it which is awesome. Not sure if thats what Gbagok was going for or not.
    Good points, about a good design!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Warrior
    Since I doubt Mattel would ever consider her an A list character I dont think she will ever get a varient unless they start to run out of figures years from now if the line is still strong. Also she doesnt have any weapons in either Mini-Comic. So My idea was that she could come with 2 removable dresses like Marlena so you could show off either the gold dress version or the purple dress version of her.

It seems to me that the Seeress is the same person as the "Wise Old Wizardess".

And, YES, I am absolutely in favor of this character being expanded upon!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    yeah i made mention in the start of the thread that even though she looks different in the two appearances and is not really named in the first appearance that they are the same character.

Another clue to support this is the Mini-Comic production numbers. It looks like "Journey to Mizar" comes before "The Hidden Symbols Mystery". In "Journey to Mizar" She-Ra is caught off guard and is unsure of who the Seeress is when she happens upon her. Then in the next comic "The Hidden Symbols Mystery" She-Ra seeks her out for help and already knows who she is. If the Mini-Comics had been made in the opposite order and she went searching for the Wizardess in the first one and then in the next one she didnt know who the woman was then I would assume they were two completely different characters which is not the case here.

Most certainly an interesting character, but I'm not a big fan of "lady in a dress" toys. Queen Marleena wouldn't have been anywhere near as interesting without her space gear. This one would look great, but in the long run, would just stand there looking great.

Not that I don't necessarily support her, mind you. I mean, I'm still buying into the sub, so I would get her either way. However, if she turned up on a poll of obscure characters and any of the others had a chance of carrying a cool weapon and being all actiony, then I would go for that other character.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I want her, and like gbagok's design, but I believe The Seeress and the Wise Old Wizardess are two separate characters. I want them both!

They're like the Sorceress, the Goddess or the Ancients of Etheria, to me.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    What is your reasoning of the Seeress and the Wizardess being seperate characters? Just curious of how you analyze them and what brought you to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984 View Post
    What is your reasoning of the Seeress and the Wizardess being seperate characters? Just curious of how you analyze them and what brought you to that conclusion.
    Well...they both look completely different, they have two separate names and the Seeress is She-Ra's height and the Wise old Wizardess is quite a bit larger. I never had any inclination they wouldn't be two separate characters. Heck, Koduk Ungol and the Sorceress look closer to each other than these two do.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I'm with Darkspecter on this one!
    Yes please to Seeress and Wizardess in MOTUC.
    Yes to Seeress and Wizardess being two separate entities.

Also, my preference:
    Yes to Seeress being yellow transparent plastic.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Yellow transparent plastic is a pretty good idea for the yellow version of her. Well as far as having two different names, she doesnt. The Seeress was never actually a name used in either of the Mini-Comics. In "Journey to Mizar" she was never actually given a name. Just a description. As far as design, yeah she looked different in the two appearances. There were some basic similarities between the two though like the aura of light rays around the head and playing the same role to the story. lots of characters look different story to story depending on how the artist renders them. The Mini-Comic art style even changed from comic to comic because of different artists and there are comics where she-ra even looks different in each panel (she has a cape in one panel but not in the next, has a mask in one panel but it's a tiara in the next). I wish we could ask the writers of them if it was intended to be the same person or not because I think they would be the only people to really know if it is or not for a fact. Even light hope looked different in the episode "The Treasures of the First Ones" than he did in any other episode of the Filmation series but he was still the same character. Not saying you are wrong. Just playing devil's advocate in order to think of all the possibilities of whether it could be the same woman or not. You very well may be 100 percent correct.

I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth my friend. While the mini-comics may be vague on the subject, there is a chance for 2 separate characters rather than one. Why not take the 2?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    I never said I was against two figures. Just like I said I sometimes like to look at all aspects and possibilities of something in order to get the widest rage of possible solutions. I Would gladly welcome two figures. What I would not welcome would be the name "wise old wizardess". I would be much happier if there was the Seeress and simply the Wizardess.

By the names, I just meant She-Ra calls the flesh coloured one with purple robe Wise Old Wizardess (bottom right panel):

...and the "Seeress" is the Voice of the Unknown:

Heroic Warrior
    That was what I was describing when I stated that She-Ra had no clue who she was when she first sees her in that comic. It seems she never states her name at all, but instead described herself.

On a side note. I just noticed that they spelled thwarted wrong in the top left panel of the second image. It says "twarted". Twarted sounds kinda dirty for some reason lol
    Last edited by MichaelStone1984; May 27, 2011 at 08:39pm.