Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Mayer Tomarts Concept Witch for MOTUC!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Maybe these guys could be "Pretheria" characters. Maybe some of them originated @ Horror Hall before Shadow Weaver. Sorry, I'm bad at this...my avatar of my imagination isnt as good as it used to be 25 years ago.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I had no idea this kind of concept existed. I think if carried out correctly, she could be a sleeper of a figure. She'd definitely need to be a villain - we need more villains in the Classics line!

I think that the idea of a witch could work but i wonder whether "The Sultress" needs to be associated with a faction? Can't she be her own person?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Sure, why not? As long as she's a giant and married to Megator...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Having pondered this last night as I was in bed, I definitely think it would be cool if the Witch character and Horde Mummy were part of an all-new faction, instead of all of them being assimilated into existing ones. Sort of a ragtag group coming together, with the Horde Mummy having left The Horde.

On another note. What do you guys think? Can Uncle Fester's son be part of the group?...LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...y2/concept.jpg
    That's who I based Hordor on!

I can live without this one, personally. She looks too 'generic witch' to me. I love Wicked and I love the green - but she's not very MOTU to me.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

I love this idea and at the same time it keeps me out lol. it looks like he is growing Hordak clones on his chest
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    As a huge fan of Halloween I would not be able to pass this Witch up. We spent over 2000 dollars on our last Halloween party just because my wife and I love the holiday so much. So I may be a bit bias but I say bring on the green witch! I would like to see her as a Horde member or she could even be a loner like Marzo. I feel like she needs some kind of evil little creature to hang out with like a cat, bat or snake or an imp. Two heads is a must. One with hat on and the other off. She would just need to be created with care to ensure she maintains a coolness factor that matches the tone and feel of MOTU. Penny good luck and I hope your petition gets heard!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Heroic Warrior
    If they ever release this witch in MOTUC, they should seriously redesign her. The way she looks on the Tomart magazine is way too bland, and I believe there are better concept characters to release before her (Horde Mummy, Basher etc.).

Just my 2 cents, anyway...

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    As a huge fan of Halloween I would not be able to pass this Witch up. We spent over 2000 dollars on our last Halloween party just because my wife and I love the holiday so much.
    So show us your evil get-ups, Hordak! Let's see how evil you really are...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    So show us your evil get-ups, Hordak! Let's see how evil you really are...
    I'll try and dig some pics up. Last year we decorated the house with a feast hall and we turned the basement into a dungeon. Everyone ate Cornish hens and we had a small wicker man that we burned over a fire. I'll see what pictures I can find and probably send them as a PM so as not lose focus on the witch we are talking about.

Speaking of spooky Penny have you ever watched Svengoolie? He is a very popular horror host in the Chicago area. I'm debating going as him this year for Halloween or possibly Magneto or the Joker. Hmm I'm starting to wonder how much creating a good Hordak costume would set me back.

Back to the witch character, they should release her in October like they attempted to do with Scareglow. It would get a few more sales.
    Last edited by Hordak; June 16, 2011 at 05:54pm.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Since shadow weaver had green skin, maybe this could be her before some spell went wrong, burning her horribly. Hence y she covers all her body in a red cloak
    Similarly, if they reuse the Marlena dress idea for Shadow Weaver, maybe they could design the buck underneath the dress to look like the Concept Witch. Swap the heads (one hooded a'la Shadow Weaver, the other being the witch) and there you go... (In fact, maybe the Concept Witch could have been SW as a student alongside Castaspella, before she joined up with the Horde.)
    Last edited by Telkan2; June 17, 2011 at 12:26pm.
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Hordak, your parties sound right up my alley! I need to come visit you now.

You bet I know Svengoolie. I've corresponded with Rich Koz a number of times. He is a great guy and a legend of Chicago TV. I think a Sven costume would rock!

And I agree, releasing the witch in October would be perfect! And the mummy could also come out during an October.

Two heads would definitely be the way to go for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek
    That would be so cool! Would you dress up as her if they did for a con?
    It's not easy being green. But I WILL be dressed as Penny Dreadful for the Saturday of SDCC and you can bet I will be heartily endorsing the green concept witch!

I actually think of all the concept characters that are in that magazine, the Green Witch has the best chance of being made into a MOTUC figure sooner rather than later. Look at her. She would NOT be an expensive figure for Mattel to make and would re-use quite a lot of existing parts. Some tweaking to Adora's boots, new dress piece, new head, and a couple of accessories. Heck, assuming we get those Filmation rights, they could even have it so that before Madame Razz freed him of this witch's evil spell, that Broom was under the control of The Green Witch! There you go, she's part of PoP and Etheria's past!

No way, witches are soooo boring.

Just kiddin' Penny!!

I think she has a great "classic" look and would fit into MOTUC quite nicely.

I really think the hat is essential, she just wouldn't look right without it, IMO.

Even if she ends up being called "Sultress", imagine how awesome it would be, if her real name was Penny!!

Anyway, I'm 100% down with the movement!!

Give us the witch!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

On a somewhat related side note, I'm pretty sure Evil-Lyn's original name was "Sultra", as per the document in the Art Book. I think "Sultress" was a Mattel error.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    On a somewhat related side note, I'm pretty sure Evil-Lyn's original name was "Sultra", as per the document in the Art Book. I think "Sultress" was a Mattel error.
    That evil Spell-Or strikes again!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Here we go... Also posted in The Hall of Warriors.

I give you the Concept Witch... I love Danbrenus' name The Sultress btw.
    Last edited by Jon-O; February 3, 2012 at 12:40pm.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Wow that looks awesome, Jon-O! She still needs her witch hat as an option though.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Wow that looks awesome, Jon-O! She still needs her witch hat as an option though.
    Thank you! Though with that design, there was no hat... so I figure it's off to the side

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    And I agree, releasing the witch in October would be perfect! And the mummy could also come out during an October.
    Very cool idea.
    Odd Man Out

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Jon-O, that witch & mummy art is SO AWESOME! Friggin' cool!!

I cant say that she isnt too "wicked witch" for me to like her. I'm not saying they couldnt make a cool figure. Just that she is a bit too derivitive and lacking that uniqueness that always set MOTU characters apart from basically every other toyline ever.

I'd much rather have any number of never produced concepts before her.

But sure, why not. But I'm in no rush.

Jon-O, that witch & mummy art is SO AWESOME! Friggin' cool!!
    Thanks, Penny!!! I'm so glad you put out the prompt. I think I might do two more pieces with them. They just beg to be painted.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Hordak, your parties sound right up my alley! I need to come visit you now.

You bet I know Svengoolie. I've corresponded with Rich Koz a number of times. He is a great guy and a legend of Chicago TV. I think a Sven costume would rock!

Two heads would definitely be the way to go for her.

It's not easy being green. But I WILL be dressed as Penny Dreadful for the Saturday of SDCC and you can bet I will be heartily endorsing the green concept witch!
    ...YUMMY! Wish I could be there to see that!!

I'd love to get her. In fact, I'd have preferred her than the 2 figures I'm getting in my June subscription. The pointy witches hat is a must though.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!