Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More than 1 figure per month?

More than 1 figure per month?

Going by that poll in the other thread asking orgers what their 5 SDCC wishes are, there seems to be a lot of hunger for more MOTUC product, whether it's figures, vehicles, or even playsets.

In terms of figures, we all know that there are still a ton of vintage, POP, NA, mini-comic, and prototype characters that haven't been released yet, that will take us all the way to 2017 to get done, as planned by Mattel so far. Now, if Filmation/Jetlag rights have been acquired, as most of us suspect, that opens the floodgates for probably another 50 + characters, not including variants or beasts/oversize, which would add another 4, maybe 5 years to the line. Can you really picture yourself collecting at the pace we're going at for another 10 long years?? There's just so much that can change in that time span, and I'm really afraid of the line ending before every character is made, which is far more likely the longer it goes on.

I personally don't want things to drag on for that long, and I'm willing to pay for it in the form of seeing every month release 2 figures, not including variants or beasts/oversize. Since the line is already planned out and approved for 2012, this change likely couldn't take effect until January 2013 at the earliest.

So what do you guys think? How much is your time worth? How long are you willing to wait for your favourite characters? Let's speed this puppy up!

Heroic Warrior
    We usually get more than one a month now.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I'm all for more new figures each month, but that's really going to hurt a lot of wallets given the economy and all. I think if the figures themselves were $10 or $15 each, it would be easier to justify. High shipping costs and tax don't help either.

It was so much easier when our parents used to buy these things 20 years ago. All you had to do was know how to beg and plead well enough.

Heroic Warrior
    let's stretch this bad mamma jamma out as long as we can.

I can and will wait this line out. I will see this to the end. I will wait for and get meckaneck, extendar, modulok, strongarm and wait for it. wait for it. and disco skeletor and all the others. Subs 4 life.

whether it's 2017 or beyond I will make time and money for this line.

Let's keep this line going on forever

If you can survive the white screen of death you can survive this line.

I want to continue reading questions that make TG say "can't comment past...." that NEVER gets old.

Come on everybody. Safe the lein.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    We usually get more than one a month now.
    No, we only get one figure per month of a character that hasn't been done before. I'm not counting A-list variants, beasts/oversize, or re-releases.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    No, we only get one figure per month of a character that hasn't been done before. I'm not counting A-list variants, beasts/oversize, or re-releases.
    But beasts/oversize characters ARE characters, so how can they not be considered "new" figures? Or, by those standards, how can variants with all-new tooling, sometimes a lot of new tooling, not be considered getting more "new" figures?

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope with the Filmation/Jetlags right obtained we get a third set of quarterly figures to go with the A-list Variants and the Beast and get a Filmation/Jetlag group where we get 4 a year.

Heroic Warrior
    If the line offers "more" each month, I will have to seriously cherry pick as I just couldn't afford that.

Heroic Warrior
    What i was meaning was every three months we get
    1) A-list variant say (January)
    2) a large scale beast?two pack (February)
    3) a Filmation/Jetlag Character (March)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    What i was meaning was every three months we get
    1) A-list variant say (January)
    2) a large scale beast?two pack (February)
    3) a Filmation/Jetlag Character (March)
    That would be manageable, but then again, what about vehicles, dioramas, or maybe even a playset? Lots of money.

I personally want more each month but I know I can afford it. I think just the one or two a month can be difficult on some people's finances so sticking with a similar schedule to this year (with an extra vehicle or two plus a playset every now and then) is probably best for the health of the line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I personally want more each month but I know I can afford it. I think just the one or two a month can be difficult on some people's finances so sticking with a similar schedule to this year (with an extra vehicle or two plus a playset every now and then) is probably best for the health of the line.
    That is very true.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I want more because sitting around and waiting for 6 years is to much. There are also alot of characters that I have no interest in and so you skip a month here and there it gets to be to long. For example this year so far we are in june and the only things I got and wanted was Sy-Clone, Panthor, and Catra. So for me in 6 months time all I got was 3 characters. I could give a rat's a** about Bow, Vikor or Faceless one. It's cool that they make something for everyone but at this rate it is taking forever to get the guys I do want. Mattel needs to change there warehouse methods and give us more. UP THE RELEASES MATTEL!!!!

I'd be all for two figures per month. Quarterly Bonus Month is my favorite, so why not make it a year-long thing?
    Aaron’s Top 10 (In Order):
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catra’s Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    This will come down to cost for a lot of people. You have to remember that a figure a month plus shipping overseas is a fair chunk o' cash. But when we get 2 that will make it harder. And then imagine a month with 2 monthly figures, an a-list varient plus an army builder/beast/vehicle. Thats 4 and a bit figures plus shipping.

Too much for me guys.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

No thanks, I can barley afford this line as it is.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I would definitely be up for filmation as a new set of quarterlies.

Heck, I would be up for a second set of monthlies, but I think it would be safer for Mattel to limit how much more they add per month. Some months are getting fairly expensive as is and with overseas shipping for much of the collector base, you're talking about a big investment...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I want some multi-packs of the Filmation characters --- they have some catching-up to do!

I don't want to have characters that Toyguru and/or the 4H aren't in love with pushed back just because they've added the Filmation and Jetlag characters.

They would need to make the multi-packs part of the subscription though... like 2 a year... I say that because some might sell like hot-cakes, and others not so much.

A 3 pack, for example, with Shadow Weaver, Octavia, & Scorpia, would sell out in, hmm, 3 seconds.

A 3 pack with Lord Masque, Shokoti, & Melaktha would probably sell out in, mayyyybe, 8 seconds.

A 3 pack with Master Sebrian, Drissi, & Caz - OR - Master Sebrian, Mara, & Critta would sell out in a few days... or not at all...

I mean, I'm buying everything... but not everyone else is... especially as the line gets BIGGER and BIGGER, and trust me, it is...
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Dragging this line for another 6-10 years is somehow atrocious for many if not most. Probably Mattel should focus more on the main A, B (and probably a few C) characters, beasts and vehicles within the next 3-4 years, and then start releasing the other secondary and very obscure characters, beasts and what have you in bi monthly waves of three packs once the line has established itself strongly through different media outlets like a cartoon series, comics, and/or a movie release.

I understand Mattel is trying to combat the loss of interest stigma once the main characters are released, however, if they also keep delaying the main releases and keep on stretching the line forever, people might end up losing interest in the brand before too soon, and also end up cherry picking figures even if they hate doing so...

Mattel has to find the right balance in the next year or two before things start getting hectic and turning south IMO.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

No. I'm already struggling financially to keep up with the line as it is. If more product began coming out each month I'd likely drop it altogether.

Is there any reason other than impatience that people want the line to end sooner than already projected? Fear that it'll suddenly become unpopular and die out?

I'm financially strapped right now, but I say if they have Filmation rights they should produce two figures per month. Eight months out of the year could be new characters, and four months would be new figure/A list variant. I realize when you throw in beasts, accessories, 2 packs, vehicles but I hate waiting this long for figures.

I also think it would help them spread out reveals a bit more to keep things exciting for us. With the current drought in figure news (although all the Classic Media gossip/news is making me feel better) I would love it if a new figure was revealed every 15-20 days.

My wallet would hate me, but you only live once...

Yeah, this was brought up some time ago (can't remember when) and I haven't changed my opinion on it: I'm fine with the way things are. I'd much rather pay a little (which is still a LOT) over time than pay more now to get more. I'm patient, and I like I said, it's already expensive enough.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm fine with the way things are, and yeah Alexx, this was brought up within the last year. The occasional extra figure or beast or soon a vehicle is fine with me. Any more than that would kill me in the wallet.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I think releasing any more than they already are could harm the line. Many of us are already spending more than we should and releasing even more figures will force a lot of fans to become selective about which ones they get, resulting in them not buying figures that they are currently buying (potentially equaling less sales overall).

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I'm up for it. I want my collection to grow and grow... faster if possible, but even if we get more than 1 figure a month and still take till 2017 - I'll be there when the last figure ships. Dedicated, I am!