Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/11 SDCC Voucher Pre-Sale & 8/1 Post-SDCC Sale

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

7/11 SDCC Voucher Pre-Sale & 8/1 Post-SDCC Sale

Matty just dropped this news:

Toy Fans,

Awhile back we told you that thanks to great fan feedback in 2010, we’d once again be holding a voucher pre-sale for products to be picked up at SDCC. Those same products (with a couple of variations) will also be available for sale here on Matty Collector.com on August 1st, just like last year. SDCC is barely a month away and all our ducks are lining up nicely, so here are the details (if you participated in these sales in 2010, they’re set up the exact same way so you already know the drill).

7/11 SDCC VOUCHER PRE-SALE

Be here at MattyCollector.com on Monday 7/11 at 9 a.m. PT (noon ET).
    Choose the items you want and add them to your cart. There’s a purchase limit of 6 per person on all products.
    Your credit card will be charged and a confirmation email (voucher) will be sent.
    Bring your voucher, the credit card you used for the transaction, your identification, and your Comic-Con badge to a pre-determined location at or near SDCC (to be announced).
    Pick up your product between open of show Thursday 7/21 and close of show Saturday 7/23. We’ll email you the location and pick-up times prior to the convention.
    If you’re only attending Comic-Con on Sunday 7/24, this option is not available to you.
    If you don’t pick up your product by the end of the show on Saturday, your product will go into the products available for sale at the show on Sunday. You may be able to purchase it then, but there are no guarantees.
    All sales are final. There are NO REFUNDS so be sure you can personally pick up your purchase(s) at SDCC!
    Products cannot be shipped. This option is for pick up at SDCC only, and only available to SDCC attendees (badges will be required).

Like last year, there’s a limited amount of each product available for pre-sale. It’s first-come, first-served and there are no promises you’ll be able to purchase a voucher for every product. But once you’ve got your voucher, you’re guaranteed to get your product – including Swamp Thing with Un-Men!

Here’s what we’ll have available for pre-sale (click here to see images and read the descriptions):
    Ghostbusters™ Stay Puft Marshmallow Man ($70)
    Masters of the Universe® Classics Queen Marlena™ Figure ($25)
    Voltron® Blazing Sword Voltron ($30)
    DC Universe Swamp Thing (plus Un-Men) ($30)
    Young Justice Superboy in Cloning Chamber ($20)
    Hot Wheels® Back to the Future Time Machine Vehicle ($35)
    Hot Wheels® Franken Berry™ Vehicle ($20)
    MOTUC Polly Pocket™ Collection ($20)
    Monster High™ Ghoulia Yelps™ Doll ($20)
    Green Lantern Kilowog ($25)
    Carol Ferris Barbie® Doll ($35)

If you miss this sale or the product you want is sold out for pre-sale, we’ll still have these products available for purchase at SDCC on a first-come, first-served basis.

8/1 POST-SDCC SALE AT MATTYCOLLECTOR.COM
    Not going to SDCC? We’ve got you covered! We’ll have limited quantities of your most-wanted products available here at MattyCollector.com on Monday 8/1 at 9 a.m. PT (noon ET). We're working out the details and will have the final list of products soon but we'll definitely have everything from MOTUC, Ghostbusters and DCU. Please note that Swamp Thing won’t have the Un-Men and Queen Marlena will be packed as Captain Glenn™ Heroic Galactic Adventurer™, but she’ll still have all the accessories you need to transform her into Marlena.

That’s everything for now! As far as reminders go, I send emails so click here to register and I’ll send them your way. You can also find reminders on Facebook, Twitter, and in our Fan Forums.

—Matty

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

august = expensive! ...

really trying not too, but going to have to drop the $70 on stay-puft!!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I missed out on the vouchers last year, but I managed to get an Orko on the first day of SDCC. (I was one of the first people on the convention floor when they opened it to the public on Thursday morning.)

I'm going to try again with the vouchers this year, but if I miss out, I'll try my luck on the convention floor again. Last year was great because, during the process, I met so many great He-Man fans in line.

i love going to the Mattel booth to see their display and products, at least 4 times a day at con, but not waiting in line for a figure. If I can get everything pre-Sale then I will. But is Masters the only pre-sale items or are they adding Swamp Thing and Stay Puft later?

Queen Marlena will be packed as Captain Glenn™ Heroic Galactic Adventurer™, but she’ll still have all the accessories you need to transform her into Marlena.

Um....why is she being called Glenn??

And also...will Cringer still be packed with her?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Um....why is she being called Glenn?
    Because that's her name? Marlena Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    And also...will Cringer still be packed with her?
    Yes.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Looks like it is the matty sale for me, and ebay for Queen Marlena. Unless someone would be nice enough to grab a couple of Queen Marlenas for me

i wanted to buy some vouchers and have a friend thats attending the con pick them up..but it looks like they have to show the credit card that was used and id. whats up with that? guess ill be looking on ebay
    ebay link, http://shop.ebay.com/kjsupertoys/m.h...id=p4340.l2562

Vist our shop, Gotham City Comics and Coffee. 46 W. Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201

Like us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/gothamcitycomics

I don't like that we have to have SDCC passes to buy these figures. I live in CA and would be willing to drive the hour and a half to get there just to pick the figures up. Totally blows that I and everyone else who couldn't get the tickets (which sold out in what 5 seconds) has to go on ebay and spend way more just to get it. I understand that they want the figures to be special and all, but give us a break! There is no way we could have gotten tickets due to the quick sale. They should be willing to sell them to non SDCC ticket holders who can show up in person.

Matty... you're making everyone sad!

Quote Originally Posted by greatgibby View Post
    I don't like that we have to have SDCC passes to buy these figures. I live in CA and would be willing to drive the hour and a half to get there just to pick the figures up. Totally blows that I and everyone else who couldn't get the tickets (which sold out in what 5 seconds) has to go on ebay and spend way more just to get it. I understand that they want the figures to be special and all, but give us a break! There is no way we could have gotten tickets due to the quick sale. They should be willing to sell them to non SDCC ticket holders who can show up in person.

I think them doing it that way helps keep down on resellers. It would just be SO easy for them to get exclusives without having to pay for the con, ya know?
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by greatgibby View Post

Well to be fair Mattel is selling the SDCC figures online on 8/1, so its not like they are forbidding people who do not attend the con from getting the toys
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Jeez... between tickets, hotel, & airfare for SDCC, Clawful, and all the exclusives, I think July will be the record for how much I have ever spent on my hobby in one month EVER.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Jeez... between tickets, hotel, & airfare for SDCC, Clawful, and all the exclusives, I think July will be the record for how much I have ever spent on my hobby in one month EVER.
    Aye, SDCC be a cruel mistress!
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Is there any difference between the SDCC Polly set and Matty's??

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The Voucher Pre-Sale is today!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Good luck, everyone! Let's hope that Queen Marlena lasts longer than Orko did.

Heroic Warrior
    Now Tundra you are being funny this is the very 1st time we will be getting the Queen I will be surprise if she last 10 mintues.

Good luck with the vouchers SDCC attendees!

I know The Bay gets a bad rap around here, but I kinda like SDCC time because of the nostalgic feel I get regarding 200x period and back when I was completing my vintage collection, when going and fighting on The Bay was the only way for me, as an Aussie, to obtain the latest 200x figures or final must have vintage MOTU toys.

Given the efficiency of the Mattycollector subscriptions and the reduction of WSOD torment, it is only the SDCC exclusives that I am forced to track down via auction. That makes this sale kinda special to me. I can relive that excitement and disappointment in bidding and winning or losing an auction or paying more than I wanted to secure my MOTU fix.

I get to wrestle with my patience as I chance whether to buy instantly after SDCC or wait a few weeks ...

This aspect of SDCC is probably equally satisfying for me as the new figure reveals themselves.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I will be very happy if she lasts 10 minutes. Orko and Plastic Man lasted all of 2 minutes last year and the website was bogged down that whole time.

I wonder if the lack of reviews will hurt the pre-sale? It's not going to affect me I can't wait to confirm my Marlena. I hope the site works and there is limited WSOD.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    done & done.

wow, i'm surprised there is WSOD. i'm just trying to look up my order status from the mad matty purchase.

I got my 2 Marlenas and 1 Voltron but I was on the WSOD for about 4 minutes total. Now I just need my email/voucher
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Keeps saying it's restricted by my billing adress???

Done. Ordered my Queen Marlena and received my email confirmation.
    Last edited by Tron; July 11, 2011 at 12:14pm.