Page 267 of 270 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,675 of 6736

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

This Darth Vader with interrogation droid. The droid is nice, MUCH more screen accurate than the one Hasbro would make 5 years later(why does Hasbro get it right the first time then monumentally mess up their second time?). Vader is awful but I don't plan to keep it. The cape isn't inserted into the body right and the pose is horrible. A best it could sit in a Vader TIE fighter.

This lot, mainly for the tiny droid and stand but the Maul is nice when the cloak and communicator are put on it, even if its barely poseable and the horns have weird red rings that aren't in the film.

POTF2 AT-ST, opened box, unused. I will be taking the legs apart and removing the brown mud paints, and straightening one chin gun which got bent in storage(I think it's an actual law on the books that these chin guns on this mold have to be bent up somehow). I'd have preferred vintage Kenner but this was $30 and is the same mold. While I do have the Black Series AT-ST, the old Kenner mold is based on the original ESB Hoth filming model which was quite different.

And a cheap figure to sit in it

My last buy was a DC Collectibles Animated Batman figure! But it’s a while ago already, the new adventures of Batman version. Already had the original.

Picked up the Sail Barge, worth every penny.

IMG_1439.jpg

I was also sent a Todd McFarlane signed and dedicated Spawn figure, but it went to the wrong address, so I don't have it in hand yet.
    Last edited by BadVermin; March 24, 2019 at 02:21pm.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got in Mastermind Creations' Inventa (a.k.a. Autobot Sky Lynx):

I can now combine him with the lower half I already have for his complete form:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I took the brown paint off the POTF2 AT-ST

There might be "better" Darth Vaders but this was less than $6 shipped

$6 for a decent Mace Windu figure

Darth Mauls "Sith Evolutions" & Force Link, mainly for the droids but I'll probably swap the "calm" head to SE

Droids to pad out the Jaws display

I like POTF2 Momaw Nadon and bought a new copy. I found out there were a few more and they all look different enough I can assume them to be other members of the species.

I just received a big box of MOTU stuff, but for non MOTU stuff? The Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth from NECA's Guillermo del Toro collection.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got in a boxed Kickstarter game I helped back for the Sega Genesis, Tanzer:

And I got in another Skylark Choose Your Own Adventure book, The Flying Carpet:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

That Hoth Darth Vader is... it needs work. They painted silver scratch marks on the right shoulder for some reason I don't understand while the left is gloss black. I went over it with gloss black paint. I may need to heat the hand and bend the fingers in tighter to hold a lightsaber properly. The cape is also terrible but most soft goods Vader capes are, it's too thin/translucent and hangs back too far because the "chain" piece is too long. I may have to get some black thread and try to stitch the cape up a bit further on the elastic neck band to get it to hang right but as I plan to buy the new probe droid set anyway I may switch out the plastic cape on that later.

The Saga Momaw I ordered got mixed up, the seller sent me POTF2 without the coat piece by mistake and didn't have the Saga version anymore so I got a refund on it, and bought another loose copy. This kind of works out in the end for me as this one doesn't have a cup accessory and I get a spare POTF2 without coat to display.

Finally got one of the new Uglydolls that Hasbro released! I went with Moxy, mainly out of her being pink. Right now, I'm waiting for the blind bags to release.

I got in a label sheet from Toyhax.com for Unique Toys' Rage Winterchill (a.k.a. Decepticon Combaticon Vortex):

I also got in another Skylark Choose Your Own Adventure book, Runaway Spaceship:

I finally found some of the Uglydolls blind bags at a Walmart. They're really cute, but I screwed up and read one of the wrong numbers, so I got a duplicate by mistake. Still adorable though, so I'm excited to try again, this time with the info that I now need to know!

I picked up Panosh Place Voltron figures Lance, Allura, Hunk, and Pidge with their helmets. I already had the Voltron with sword and shield and Keith with helmet. I can live without the individual lions’ weapons and the figures’ keys. It’s complete enough for me. I’ve had the Voltron for a few years and it’s great to finally have all the pilots.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

POTF2 Boba Fett and Slave Leia for $11 shipped. Then I got the POTJ Slave Leia with barge cannon.

Let me just say that so far all the slave Leia figures in this scale have not been great. POTF2 looks okay but seems a bit tall and the skirt pieces are the wrong color. POTJ is too tiny though and those hip joints look absolute trash. The more articulated one... looks okay, better than POTJ, but super articulated bikini girl figures have rarely looked great. And the Black Series one... same issues with the articulation not meshing with the look, bad face printing and the less said about what her elbows & biceps look like, the better.

So unless I can get the articulated one(which goes for more money than I care to pay) I'll keep POTF2, it at least looks better. The cannon is okay though.

Walgreens also has these mini metal shopping carts with candy in their Easter aisle for $4 each, grabbed 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    That Hoth Darth Vader is... it needs work. They painted silver scratch marks on the right shoulder for some reason I don't understand while the left is gloss black. I went over it with gloss black paint. I may need to heat the hand and bend the fingers in tighter to hold a lightsaber properly. The cape is also terrible but most soft goods Vader capes are, it's too thin/translucent and hangs back too far because the "chain" piece is too long. I may have to get some black thread and try to stitch the cape up a bit further on the elastic neck band to get it to hang right but as I plan to buy the new probe droid set anyway I may switch out the plastic cape on that later.

The Saga Momaw I ordered got mixed up, the seller sent me POTF2 without the coat piece by mistake and didn't have the Saga version anymore so I got a refund on it, and bought another loose copy. This kind of works out in the end for me as this one doesn't have a cup accessory and I get a spare POTF2 without coat to display.

https://i.ibb.co/8zbdqd5/s-l1600.jpg
    It is a crime that Hasbro never released that Momaw with a light blue outfit like the vintage Kenner figure.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    POTF2 Boba Fett and Slave Leia for $11 shipped. Then I got the POTJ Slave Leia with barge cannon.

Let me just say that so far all the slave Leia figures in this scale have not been great. POTF2 looks okay but seems a bit tall and the skirt pieces are the wrong color. POTJ is too tiny though and those hip joints look absolute trash. The more articulated one... looks okay, better than POTJ, but super articulated bikini girl figures have rarely looked great. And the Black Series one... same issues with the articulation not meshing with the look, bad face printing and the less said about what her elbows & biceps look like, the better.

So unless I can get the articulated one(which goes for more money than I care to pay) I'll keep POTF2, it at least looks better. The cannon is okay though.

Walgreens also has these mini metal shopping carts with candy in their Easter aisle for $4 each, grabbed 2 of them.
    I don't think any slave Leia figure has really turned out well. I'm with you on sticking with the first one. At least it has the novelty of being the first one.

I've been getting a lot more nostalgic for the POTF2 - POTJ era figures. I personally thought POTJ was the best series in terms of figure construction, durability, design, etc.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

assorted weapons for my ljn advanced dungeons and dragons figures.
    predator madball.
    more 90's style plastic tyranid warriors for warhammer 40k
    Hoping for figures of: King Hsss slave girl, Major Header, Hans Hammerholder, Bubblor, Lady slither, Redeye, grr, Kayla, Gorgonne and the myp giants.

"everything will probably not be all right, but we have to try." V. Putin
    " sometimes it is necessary to be lonely in order to prove that you are right." V. Putin

I got in a custom personalized Houston Colt 45's baseball jersey:

I also got in a Kickstarter reward signed art book by Dan Brereton called Night Owls:

Part of the reward package included a sketchbook cover version of a previous comic book of his called Nocturnals - The Sinister Path that included a sketch by Dan:

As well as a 8"x10" watercolor painting that's NSFW to display here...

The Gamestop exclusive Imperial Jumptrooper showed up at my house last night. He's quite cool with a really cool helmet/ jetpack setup. The body is a standard Stormtrooper (of course) but the orange details on the helmet and shoulder piece make him standout quite nicely.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

I got in my rewards today for supporting artist Simon Bisley's 2018 Sketchbook Kickstarter campaign. I have always loved his artistic style since I first saw his illustrations in Heavy Metal Magazine:

The reward package included a copy of The Dead - Kingdom of Flies # 4 where Simon provided the pencil art:

Lastly, the package also included an art commission done by Simon Bisley for me:

the 2 mini carts I got at Walgreens. Each comes with candy.

A set of Funko DC Primal Age Wave 2.

These are nice and honestly goes well with Mattel vintage MOTU and new vintage Supe7 MOTU.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I got in Mark Bellomo's The Ultimate Guide to G.I. Joe 1982-1994 3rd Edition hardcover:

My hubby is the best, he has been searching for the newest rainbow pony line for months at Target (we have six in our area). Last night he found me three of the six (two will not be released until later this year). They are SO beautiful! He got Trickles, Confetti and Flutterbye <3
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I got in a couple of books in recently starting with Dan Klingensmith's Creating 3.75" Joe - The Special Forces Team That Forged An American Hero Volume 6:

As well as the Skylark Choose Your Own Adventure book, Attack of The Monster Plants:

Lastly, I got a sealed PS2 Capcom Classics Collection:

Got this for $12 shipped

Luke is good, but mine had a badly curved right calf from being in the tray- required the hair dryer to straighten- and the neck paint was too thin in places so I had to go over that with a new coat. I also think the hair color is wrong but it seems Hamill's hair color changed between films or something and Hasbro's never been too consistent with it, the brown isn't near as "red" as photos make it look and it looks close to the Sideshow head. I might repaint it but it seems unnecessary.

Palpatine is the best ROTJ version made, and considering the last good one was POTF2 that says how gimmicky and bad the others have been since.

Royal Guard is... a royal guard. They've never been anything special outside of one SA figure, they didn't do anything in the movies so the figures are often statues but like Jawas Hasbro has made more unique molds than would be expected.

Some Star Wars toys from the supermarket

Ultimate He-Men & Skeletor with CG She-Ra

Doctor Who 13th Doc from Zing
    Transformers Chromia from Target
    Munitia from the GI Joe Club

Also from the GI Joe Club - Zartan & Cobra Night Stalkers

Bought a second Potter Quidditch set to make a complete field

Some guys from the US were kind enough to get together all the new Mego figures for me: