Page 293 of 295 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295 LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 7360

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

I got Krypto the Superdog from the Funko "DC Primal Age" line in the mail yesterday. Other than the Mr. Freeze "Ice Variant", I've got that set complete now.

There were some quality control issues early on, but on the whole I really liked the Funko 5.5-scale stuff. They're a little bit bigger than the vintage MOTU figures, but I'm a sucker for that style and scale of figure in general and they still fit in really well with them. And with the DC stuff we even got three beast mounts and an awesome playset in the Batcave.

I ignored most of the knockoff lines back in the day as I was solely focused on collecting the "real" MOTU toys, with the exception of some of the wrestling figures by Sungold and Madison and so on, but ever since I started getting the Funko 5.5s I've really gotten the bug. I'd love to start collecting some of the old stuff like Galaxy Warriors and the Remco Warlord stuff and so on, but that seems like a costly undertaking at this point. I've come to really love the 5.5-scale fantasy figures, though, even beyond the regular MOTU stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

And today I can add another Funko 5.5 figure to the list, as I finally got Tygra from the "Savage World" Thundercats series!

Back in the 80s, all I wanted were for MOTU and Thundercats toys to be in the same scale. So I was pretty ecstatic when Funko started putting these out. Just need Jackalman and Monkian to complete this sub-series, and then Yellow Blanka and "Ice" Mr. Freeze to 100% the entire line. It's so rare that I get to bring any line to 100% completion, pretty excited about it.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I got Krypto the Superdog from the Funko "DC Primal Age" line in the mail yesterday. Other than the Mr. Freeze "Ice Variant", I've got that set complete now.

There were some quality control issues early on, but on the whole I really liked the Funko 5.5-scale stuff. They're a little bit bigger than the vintage MOTU figures, but I'm a sucker for that style and scale of figure in general and they still fit in really well with them. And with the DC stuff we even got three beast mounts and an awesome playset in the Batcave.

I ignored most of the knockoff lines back in the day as I was solely focused on collecting the "real" MOTU toys, with the exception of some of the wrestling figures by Sungold and Madison and so on, but ever since I started getting the Funko 5.5s I've really gotten the bug. I'd love to start collecting some of the old stuff like Galaxy Warriors and the Remco Warlord stuff and so on, but that seems like a costly undertaking at this point. I've come to really love the 5.5-scale fantasy figures, though, even beyond the regular MOTU stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

And today I can add another Funko 5.5 figure to the list, as I finally got Tygra from the "Savage World" Thundercats series!

Back in the 80s, all I wanted were for MOTU and Thundercats toys to be in the same scale. So I was pretty ecstatic when Funko started putting these out. Just need Jackalman and Monkian to complete this sub-series, and then Yellow Blanka and "Ice" Mr. Freeze to 100% the entire line. It's so rare that I get to bring any line to 100% completion, pretty excited about it.
    Funko also did lines for Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and ZORN in this scale. They're out of print now, so it'll probably cost you. But if you see one in a Target clearance or something check it out.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Yeah, I got all those. Except the Zorn ones, I don't care about those. So okay, maybe it'll only be 99.9% "complete". I keep forgetting they did Zorn ones.

Zorn stuff aside, out of the entire run of 5.5s that they put out I'm only missing Monkian, Jackalman, Yellow Blanka, "Ice" Mr. Freeze, and maaaaybe the Sub-Zero variant, I gotta go back and look. But I used to work next to a Target and a GameStop so I was able to get most of them as soon as they came out.

Only Monkian and Jackalman are gonna cost me more than $20 each, thankfully. The Mr. Freeze variant and the Yellow Blanka are still around $10-15 most places. I usually don't even bother with variants but there aren't so many to collect in this set, and they're cheap, so it's fine.

Be easier than collecting any of the actual vintage 5.5 lines, though, that's for sure.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got in a 7” x 10” Vega/Baroness commission by Brad Guigar:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I received an email from Amazon this morning, my two Thundercats books are arriving in the mail today!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I was at Walmart earlier, and I picked up Flash from the "Heroes Unite" line, along with Egon, Peter, Ray and Winston from the reissued "Real Ghostbusters" line. I still have my originals - with broken proton packs - but they had all of 'em there and I just couldn't say no.

Heroic Warrior
    Continuing with a “Flash” Theme...

I got to meet a childhood hero yesterday. Flash Gordon himself, Sam J Jones. Such a genuine guy. Signed my FG figure and we talked for, like, 15 minutes about his career and where he could obtain good protective cases for his figure collection. Lol. Such a great Sunday!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's awesome. I love that movie, I don't even care.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    That's awesome. I love that movie, I don't even care.
    I’ve watched the movie at least once or twice a year since it came out. Even before the movie, I loved Flash Gordon. My Childhood cat’s name was Ming and my hamster was named Flash. Lol. I had a weird only-childhood.

Picked up the Syd Mead Replica Blaster today....

This has a crazy story behind it. It was originally solicited in late 2017 by Chronicle Collectibles. The company itself went bankrupt and these blasters were hung up in distribution for years. A replica based on Syd Mead's weapon designs for Blade Runner, this Blaster features a removable battery pack, the ability to fold in half, a working trigger, full light-up features, & display base.
    Reported is having a production limit of only 300 pieces these will be absorbed into collections very quickly as they have trickled out to the market after years of delays by Chronicle.

Definitely a piece that belongs next to Deckard & K's firearms in any Blade Runner collector's display.

Most importantly... lol! Remind anyone of anything?

R.E.D. Soundwave. After bringing him home I don’t really like him that much
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    R.E.D. Soundwave. After bringing him home I don’t really like him that much
    IIIIiii "love"? The R.E.D. line? Maybe.. Maybe? It is great stuff there... but.... isn't it? I don't know.

I pre-ordered everything G1. I'll have to make a final call once Starscream and Bumblebee ship. My biggest concern here is that they had a -ahem- prime opportunity to create a line with real appropriate scale in articulated figures, but I'm already not sure if they are going to pull it off.

Today in the mail I got Huntress, Green Arrow, Aquaman and Superman Red from the Kenner/Hasbro JLA line. I also got a loose set of the Nasty Boys figures from the old OSFTM WCW line.

Heroic Warrior
    the new Star Wars Vintage Collection Mandalorian in Beskar that comes with the Child came in the mail today. I love the figure since it had accessories such as the extra head and the ice cream maker/data storage thingy

Vintage G.I.Joe Snow Cat with Frostbite and Cross Country figure too was delivered at home today. Vintage joe collection now is seriously solid now.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Continuing with a “Flash” Theme...

I got to meet a childhood hero yesterday. Flash Gordon himself, Sam J Jones. Such a genuine guy. Signed my FG figure and we talked for, like, 15 minutes about his career and where he could obtain good protective cases for his figure collection. Lol. Such a great Sunday!

Savior of the UNIVERSE! Flash... ah-aaaaaaaah! FLASH!!

Gotta love that movie! (And Freddie Mercury, rest his soul...)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Savior of the UNIVERSE! Flash... ah-aaaaaaaah! FLASH!!

Gotta love that movie! (And Freddie Mercury, rest his soul...)
    The soundtrack really made that movie!

I have awesome memories of sitting on front of our old color tv on it’s metal stand watching Flash Gordon on ON TV (became HBO eventually, I think).

Black series Mace Windu (revenge of sith version)
    black series Thrawn (anniversary version)
    play arts kai Tifa Remake, I got one of the better faces it looks like, her left eye isn't centered correctly though. But her other face is fine so no problems there.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Got this in yesterday. Disappointed because these Transformer re-issues are the only figures I've really wanted to keep in the packaging. This one has a huge crease which makes no sense. The package he was in was more than big enough and it's small. Easily would fit in any size mailbox.

bumble.jpg
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Quote Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
    IIIIiii "love"? The R.E.D. line? Maybe.. Maybe? It is great stuff there... but.... isn't it? I don't know.

I pre-ordered everything G1. I'll have to make a final call once Starscream and Bumblebee ship. My biggest concern here is that they had a -ahem- prime opportunity to create a line with real appropriate scale in articulated figures, but I'm already not sure if they are going to pull it off.
    Out of all of them Bumblebee looks the most promising to me. I may be a little biased though because he’s always been my favorite
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Co-Creator of the NV
    I recently got the Wakanda Files which is kind of an "in world" book on the technology of the MCU. Comes with "kimoyo beads" which are a little black light that allows you to see hidden notes on some of the materials.

Really nicely put together product

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Recent arrivals from the mail

Botropolis Rescue Mission

Micron Micromasters
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    Things that i bought from Walmart pretty much yesterday and earlier today

new curtain rod
    new curtains
    a Freddy Krueger Nightmare on Em Street tshirt that was on sale. the picture is based on one of the sequels
    the new Wrong Turn reboot for DVD
    an old Mad Max 2 Road Warrior blu ray
    Croods 2 for blu ray. Dunno why I bought it. My youngest niece couple of years ago she would watch Croods 1 over and over last time i visited.
    Persona 5 Strikers for Nintendo Switch
    a Nintendo Switch 64 GB micro sd memory card

Found Moff Gideon at walmart.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Vintage G.I.Joes, Snake Eyes v1 & v2 and Storm Shadow v1.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!