Page 301 of 303 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303 LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 7567

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

My new CPU Cooler, kinda neat procedure/method to hook it up. but I got 60 celcius instead of 68+ and more.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Heroic Warrior
    Been awhile since i bought a DVD or blu ray for a movie from the downtown dollar general store. Last time i was there they had the DVDs for Chaos Walking, the new Charlie's Angels remake, the Lucy Hale Fantasy Island movie and once in awhile Spider-Man Far From Home

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got a few things this week starting with a NES Stinger complete with instruction manual:

I also got in the recently released SH Figuarts Gamora:

Lastly, I got in an 11" x 17" Baroness commission by Alex Ogle:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Siiiiiiiiiigh.... Baroness...

Ahem... anyways...

Pretty great haul earlier today! I got:
    - Darkseid (blue version) from the Mattel "DC Super-Heroes" line
    - Eclipso from the "DC Universe Classics" line
    - The "Gotham City 5" box set from the "DC Universe Classics" line

Great looking Darkseid, although I can understand why they later did him as a Collect & Connect figure for Classics, as being standard height with the other characters does make him a little bit less imposing, but on its own it's a fantastic figure. I paid more than I wanted, but it's a must-own character so I'm okay with it.

I'm something of an Eclipso mark, so I had to grab that one for Classics as well. Point of fact, the DC Direct Eclipso was one of the first figures I ever bought for that line. I kind of prefer that one - this one has kind of a goofy face - but as always the articulation and such puts the Classics one over.

The Gotham City 5 set was obviously the big ticket item; cost me about $150 but I'm inclined to say it was well worth it for what you get. There's short-haired Superman on the long-haired Superman figure's body, a black-and-gray repaint of the Wave 1 "Classic Detective" Batman figure, Two-Face in his purple-and-orange vintage suit, Catwoman in Purple, and as an "Exclusive", Lex Luthor in his "Super-Friends"-era outfit, with the purple shirt and disco collar.

I'd go so far as to say Lex, Two-Face and Catwoman were all "exclusives" to this set, since none of them ever came on a single card under "Classics" branding, but it's true that only Lex uses any unique parts, whereas I'm almost completely sure that both Two-Face and Catwoman are just repaints of their "DC Super-Heroes" single-card figures, where Two-Face was in black and white and Catwoman came in all black.

I already had the Superman, having bought him loose some time ago, but there's never any down side to having another Superman figure! The Batman is pretty cool, although I sincerely don't believe he ever wore any gray-and-black version of his "Yellow Oval" bat-emblem costume. Still a decent enough re-use and it makes a decent variant for the set. Two-Face looks like a modernized version of his Toy Biz figure, which is cool. Catwoman... like Batman, I don't remember her ever wearing this color with this specific costume, but again, it's forgivable, and I needed a Catwoman for this line anyway. Lex is the big "get", and even though this isn't my personal favorite look for the character, the figure is a great reproduction of one of his most iconic and memorable looks.

I know "Lex in a Plain Black Suit" wouldn't make for a very dynamic action figure, but I'm always very disappointed that we only ever seem to get Super-Friends Lex, Battle Armor Lex, or nothing. Part of me feels like that figure would have been more fitting for this sort of set. Too bad.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I picked up Bug-Eye and Fearsome Flush at Walmart from The Real Ghostbusters Kenner Classics line!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Siiiiiiiiiigh.... Baroness...

Ahem... anyways...

Pretty great haul earlier today! I got:
    - Darkseid (blue version) from the Mattel "DC Super-Heroes" line
    - Eclipso from the "DC Universe Classics" line
    - The "Gotham City 5" box set from the "DC Universe Classics" line

Great looking Darkseid, although I can understand why they later did him as a Collect & Connect figure for Classics, as being standard height with the other characters does make him a little bit less imposing, but on its own it's a fantastic figure. I paid more than I wanted, but it's a must-own character so I'm okay with it.

I'm something of an Eclipso mark, so I had to grab that one for Classics as well. Point of fact, the DC Direct Eclipso was one of the first figures I ever bought for that line. I kind of prefer that one - this one has kind of a goofy face - but as always the articulation and such puts the Classics one over.

The Gotham City 5 set was obviously the big ticket item; cost me about $150 but I'm inclined to say it was well worth it for what you get. There's short-haired Superman on the long-haired Superman figure's body, a black-and-gray repaint of the Wave 1 "Classic Detective" Batman figure, Two-Face in his purple-and-orange vintage suit, Catwoman in Purple, and as an "Exclusive", Lex Luthor in his "Super-Friends"-era outfit, with the purple shirt and disco collar.

I'd go so far as to say Lex, Two-Face and Catwoman were all "exclusives" to this set, since none of them ever came on a single card under "Classics" branding, but it's true that only Lex uses any unique parts, whereas I'm almost completely sure that both Two-Face and Catwoman are just repaints of their "DC Super-Heroes" single-card figures, where Two-Face was in black and white and Catwoman came in all black.

I already had the Superman, having bought him loose some time ago, but there's never any down side to having another Superman figure! The Batman is pretty cool, although I sincerely don't believe he ever wore any gray-and-black version of his "Yellow Oval" bat-emblem costume. Still a decent enough re-use and it makes a decent variant for the set. Two-Face looks like a modernized version of his Toy Biz figure, which is cool. Catwoman... like Batman, I don't remember her ever wearing this color with this specific costume, but again, it's forgivable, and I needed a Catwoman for this line anyway. Lex is the big "get", and even though this isn't my personal favorite look for the character, the figure is a great reproduction of one of his most iconic and memorable looks.

I know "Lex in a Plain Black Suit" wouldn't make for a very dynamic action figure, but I'm always very disappointed that we only ever seem to get Super-Friends Lex, Battle Armor Lex, or nothing. Part of me feels like that figure would have been more fitting for this sort of set. Too bad.
    There was a DC Collectibles Designer Series figure of Lex in a suit a few years ago. I would imagine though with the amount of Mattel figures that used the suit body that a custom would be pretty easy to make.

-Mafex Aquaman (nice paint app for the traditional garb).
    -Jada Nano Transformers G1
    - Super 7 Evil Glow Mumm-Ra (gitd is always a cool gimmick).

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Mafex Suicide Squad Joker. It arrives a day late but its ok.
    I have little interest to get Joker since I do not desire completing the Suicide Squad team.Besides I was sticking mainly to the heroes for my collection.

But Zack Snyder's Justice League happened and that movie made me reconsider getting a Joker. This is his version that is close to his standard look, the violet trench coat is really well made.

Oh Mafex Black Manta is nice too, maybe I'll get that one too.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; June 24, 2021 at 10:44am.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Glad I could encourage you to do the right thing! I actually got our fellow forum poster IMJ back into MOTU collecting not that long ago, through sheer force of will and my unbridled enthusiasm for the Classics and Origins lines.

I'm kinda like a drug dealer, except I absolutely disdain those people. So instead of drugs, I get people hooked on toys and collectibles. But indeed, I have been often told that I'm a terrible, terrible influence.

Enjoy it, man. She's a beauty.
    Hey RikkiRoxx, got my gorgeous Ecto 1 today! You are right, this thing is glorious! Now I need to make a new display for Ghostbusters!

Ok, so, my non-He-Man purchases, there has been a lot, but I'll just do the stuff from the week prior to my 10 days of home isolation after contracting Covid-19 and today's purchases:

Batman: The Long Halloween prt 1 Blu-Ray
    Scooby-Doo and Guess Who season 1 DVD
    How Not To Summon A Demon Lord season 1 Blu-Ray
    The Zeta Project season 2 DVD
    I Am Wolf DVD
    Iron-Man Rise of Techonvore DVD
    A Werewolf In England DVD
    Dracula Prince of Darkness Blu-Ray
    Fate Zero collection 1 Blu-Ray
    Hetalia Axis Powers season 1 DVD (don't bother with)
    Arcana Famiglia complete season DVD
    Arakawa Under the Bridge season 1-2 DVD
    Daughter of the Wolf DVD
    Zack Snyder's Justice League Blu-Ray
    X-Men Evolution vol 1-8 book
    2000AD Annual 1978 book
    2000AD Annual 1981 book
    2000AD Annual 1983 book
    2000AD Annual 1984 book
    2000AD Annual 1988 book
    2000AD 1993 Winter Special magazine
    2000AD 1993 Sci-fi Special magazine
    2000AD 1995 Classic No.4 magazine
    Judge Dredd Crime Files vol 4 book
    Judge Dredd Magazine No.16 1992
    Marvel Super-Heroes Omnibus book
    Robocop the Series Annual book
    Maxi Mage issue 3 1993 comic
    Razor 1995 Swimsuit Special comic
    Amethyst Princess of Gemworld 2/12 1982 comic
    Amethyst Princess of Gemworld 6/12 1982 comic
    Amethyst Princess of Gemworld 9/12 1982 comic
    Amethyst Princess of Gemworld 10/12 1982 comic
    Amethyst Princess of Gemworld 12/12 1982 comic
    The Wanderers No.1 1988 comic
    Looker One Shot comic
    The New Warriors Nov 1990 comic
    The New Warriors #4 1999 comic
    Out Siders #29 2005 comic
    Funeral For A Friend/6 Supergirl #8 1993 comic
    Robocop Prime Suspects #4 comic
    Robocop ZX Spectrum video game
    Real Garage music CD
    Acid Jazz Classics music CD
    Lost In Trance music CD
    The Whispers: And The Beat Goes On 7" music LP
    Technotronic: Get Up 7" music LP
    Rozalla: Faith (In The Power of Love) 7" music LP
    808 State: In Yer Face 12" music LP
    809 State: In Yer Face Remix 12" music LP
    Pizzaman: ### On The Streets Remixes 12" music LP
    Kluster: I Feel Love 12" music LP
    Doop: Doop 12" music LP
    Laura: Come Into My House 12" music LP
    Inposition Recordings: DJ Sy & DJ Andy T 12" music LP
    Demand quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Hey RikkiRoxx, got my gorgeous Ecto 1 today! You are right, this thing is glorious! Now I need to make a new display for Ghostbusters!
    I know, I'm gonna do a video on it before I assemble it and everything but man, it's incredible.

In today's mail, I got the DC Universe Classics Sinestro (Sinestro Corps version). I prefer the classic look, but this one was a lot less expensive. So I got this one in-package for the Collect & Connect piece and I figure I can get the blue-costume variant loose for less money later on.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Super 7 Ultimates! Voltron (Classic Chrome). I just irresponsibly ordered it. I don't really need it now, but I'm tired of waiting for an old loose Voltron toy to be sold in a decent prices.
    I'm kinda surprised how much I'm liking it, glad I've scored this.

Hey, that's neat.

In today's mail I got the Mattel "DC Multiverse" Poison Ivy figure. It's pretty cool. I like the clip-on vines, they add some nice detail to an otherwise sort of plain-looking figure.

"Cool Become Brave" mini CW Devastator.... not the worst thing I have spent $40 on but it's not some "super high quality" KO that some people act like it is. They shrank down everything, including tabs & tolerances. Mixmaster & Long Haul are the best of the bunch, Scavenger & Bonecrusher need pledge on the ball joints like mad(they still won't stand too well), Scrapper is a bit too flimsy & Hook is almost junk(not that the CW figure is great to start with). I haven't combined them, the arm connector pegs apparently have a chance of ripping off if you undo the arms. Really a shame, they used plastic that feels almost like the Hasbro set's plastic, but the tolerances just aren't there to make it work. I have the Amazon reissue of CW Devastator, these are good enough to display in robot mode, but I'm not sure I'd really recommend the set.

Dollar Tree's Final Faction line. Finally saw these in a local store in high quantity a year after they released. I had to order the aliens & hero weapon packs on their site, I have at least 2 full sets plus several troop builder aliens. 36 pieces total, less than the cost of 2 deluxe-class TFs these days.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Alas, it's been a very long while since I posted what I've scored lately. Been busy moving and rearranging my Super Nerd Collector rooms, and unpacking all my Transformers, which I'm happy to say is down to the latest Kingdom line of toys. I'll be updating that TF thread I started soon. Anyway, after ordering it from Pulse back in November 2020, my Quintesson Pit of Judgement finally arrived today Is there a thread for MOTU scores? I found both MOTU Origins Castle Grayskull and Rise of Evil today too

Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 27, 2021 at 06:13pm.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Great haul today. As mentioned elsewhere, I got Stephanie McMahon, the new Ultimate Warrior and Sting from the "Masters of WWE Universe" line at the flea market. Which is great.

But ALSO, the Mattel "DC Multiverse" Kyle Rayner figure I ordered the other day came today, a full week early. Awesome.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got in a vintage NES Battletoads game complete with manual:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Ha, that was my first Nintendo game. Good times.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

G.I.Joe Classified Major Bludd. He is an elusive one.

And a Mini Action Voltes V as a thank you gift to my new boss.

Tails Figpin that just arrived... In a box waaaaay bigger than it needed to be.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I saw this in a thrift store yesterday. It was way too weird not to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I saw this in a thrift store yesterday. It was way too weird not to pick up.

https://i.imgur.com/ippyNRQ.jpg
    I have that too! I used to have a thing for weird Christmas albums.

I got the Mattel "DC Multiverse" Joker in the mail today. It's pretty cool, and different-looking enough from the Classics Joker to warrant its own purchase. In fact, while the Classics Joker and its big green mallet seem like an homage to the 80s "Super Powers" line from Kenner, this figure with the cane and "squirting" flower reminds me of the Toy Biz Joker from '89.

Heroic Warrior
    1990 15" **** Tracy doll/figure w cloth coat in box ....[seriously this is editied out? the name of a movie???] WOW
    1990 New Kids on the Block 5" figures
    TF Kingdom Leader Galavatron [big letdown]
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

DC Universe Classics: Cyclotron