Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And the winner of The Idiot of the Week Award is...

Master of New Adventures!

And the winner of The Idiot of the Week Award is...

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/wo...s-balcony-yoga

Feel free to post your own winners and runners up in the weeks to come.

Ban extreme (read assault) yoga!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/wo...s-balcony-yoga

Feel free to post your own winners and runners up in the weeks to come.
    Wow.

Absolute stupidity.

Reminds me of my thread on why shouldn't this thing happen again.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Heroic Warrior
    https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/other...ted/ar-AAGpo6k

Thnking of having venomous snake as a pet ?

Don't
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Gravity always wins.

And we have the first nominee for next week's award...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post

Don't

Sounds like a clear contender for a Darwin award.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Here come PETA and the ASPCA. "Animals were injured in the production of this video."

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

And we have a winner!

I'm thinking the apartment building owner needs to modify the policy about owning pets and, at the least, limit the number a resident can have.

Don't
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; September 3, 2019 at 01:34pm.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Ban extreme (read assault) yoga!

Lol. More than a couple people are considering it at this very moment you can bet!

Don't
    You'd think they would use a picture of the species in question and not one of these.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which is a pity because this week the National Association of Beholders wrote to tell me that I've got a face like a rucksack full of dented bells.
    (Charlie Brooker)

When I was in college my roommate asked me to fill in for her at one of her cleaning gigs. She told me the home owner was interesting, but never warned me about his home being a den of poisonous reptiles. I kid you not, this dude had cobras and all sorts of venomous snakes. I did the job as fast as I could and GTFO there. I never ever went back.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Sounds like the black mamba scene in Kill Bill Vol. 1

When I was in college my roommate asked me to fill in for her at one of her cleaning gigs. She told me the home owner was interesting, but never warned me about his home being a den of poisonous reptiles. I kid you not, this dude had cobras and all sorts of venomous snakes. I did the job as fast as I could and GTFO there. I never ever went back.

I recall when I was 5 years old in Primary School someone's Dad brought in snakes to show us and the teachers made us pet them.

Have never seen the attraction to a pet that might kill/cripple you if you touch it. This includes tigus and lionfish.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    1) My friends would have purposefully not told me and LAUGHED THEIR HEADS OFF the whole time....

2) I would NOT have finished the job. I'd have gotten 3 steps into the room and either fled or had a heart attack and died...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    1) My friends would have purposefully not told me and LAUGHED THEIR HEADS OFF the whole time....

2) I would NOT have finished the job. I'd have gotten 3 steps into the room and either fled or had a heart attack and died...
    Ha! The worst part about it is that he would bring some of the snakes out and he was like messing with them. It was awful! I think he thought it would impress me, but no. I do not think smacking a cobra to **** it off is a good idea!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I recall when I was 5 years old in Primary School someone's Dad brought in snakes to show us and the teachers made us pet them.
    I have a REALLY funny story about being kicked out of the Philadelphia Zoo as a child. It does not involve snakes, but it does involve a tarantula.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Sounds like the black mamba scene in Kill Bill Vol. 1
    I am going to have to re-watch that. It has been ages.

I have a REALLY funny story about being kicked out of the Philadelphia Zoo as a child. It does not involve snakes, but it does involve a tarantula.
    That does sounds intriguing.

Both Vol. 1 and Vol 2 really hold up imo. Yes, a lot of violence, but much of it is tongue-in-cheek because it's so over the top. Very watchable cast, imo.

Ha! The worst part about it is that he would bring some of the snakes out and he was like messing with them. It was awful! I think he thought it would impress me, but no. I do not think smacking a cobra to **** it off is a good idea!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to have to re-watch that. It has been ages.

I feel really really bad about my eldest nephew crying at the zoo over a snake on his arms, I'm surprised the Burmese Python didn't choke me up as a 5 years old kid. That's where I got my love on reptile and snakes.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    That does sounds intriguing.
    Sorry, Homeschool started back up so I will not be on as much.

I cannot remember what grade I was in (I think third) when we took our annual trip to the zoo. They had this stage show they would do where they would pick a kid from each school (a lot of the school districts converged on the zoo on the same day), blind fold them and then have them guess an animal they would put in their hand or let them pet.

So the other kids got lizards or cute furry animals, but guess what they put in MY hand?!? A freaking tarantula. I was having a hard time guessing it (I believe the docent was holding it sort of over my hand). Well when they took the blind fold off I completely freaking out and smacked the thing out of my hand. The docent must not have been holding it well because it flew out into the crowd of kids, which parted like the red sea.

Kids were screaming and diving to get out of the way of the flying, hairy spider in flight. The same kids were laughing a few minutes earlier, so **** on them. Anyway I do not think it was fair, but they made me sit on the bus with the driver and the monitor for the rest of the trip. I wouldn't have even gone on stage if my teacher had not volunteered me. It didn't help that I was know as a 'difficult kid.'

So yeah, I was the kid who was kicked out of the zoo for 'throwing' a tarantula - LOL!!!

Sorry, Homeschool started back up so I will not be on as much.

I cannot remember what grade I was in (I think third) when we took our annual trip to the zoo. They had this stage show they would do where they would pick a kid from each school (a lot of the school districts converged on the zoo on the same day), blind fold them and then have them guess an animal they would put in their hand or let them pet.

So the other kids got lizards or cute furry animals, but guess what they put in MY hand?!? A freaking tarantula. I was having a hard time guessing it (I believe the docent was holding it sort of over my hand). Well when they took the blind fold off I completely freaking out and smacked the thing out of my hand. The docent must not have been holding it well because it flew out into the crowd of kids, which parted like the red sea.

Kids were screaming and diving to get out of the way of the flying, hairy spider in flight. The same kids were laughing a few minutes earlier, so **** on them. Anyway I do not think it was fair, but they made me sit on the bus with the driver and the monitor for the rest of the trip. I wouldn't have even gone on stage if my teacher had not volunteered me. It didn't help that I was know as a 'difficult kid.'

So yeah, I was the kid who was kicked out of the zoo for 'throwing' a tarantula - LOL!!!
    LOL. That is funny but it was pretty irresponsible of that worker to do that to you and in danger the spider in the process knowing what the reaction could be.

I am not 100% if this exactly true but I remember hearing a story that the former WWF wrestler Yokozuna died because he had arachnophobia and someone played a prank on him leaving a spider in his hotel room. But allegedly he died from having other health problems because of his weight as he was over 700lbs and trying to gain more weight to set a record as the heaviest wrestler.

At a high school I used to work at the head mistress/principal did a very stupid thing. There was a bomb scare and rather than evacuate the school to the playground she put everyone into the assembly hall then sent some of the older children out around the school to look for any suspicious devices.
    I was not there the day this took place as I would not have obeyed her decisions as I think it was very reckless. Not only did she endanger the students she sent out to look for a bomb but he also endangered all the students and staff she gathered in the assembly hall as there would have been even more casualties if the bomb had been in the assembly hall.

I know that would never happen today, but I swear people were more lackadaisical in the 80's - LOL! The spider was recovered and fine, but I just remember watching kids diving out of the way. There were bushes on either side of the seating area and people were diving into and over them. It really was like a scene from a Griswold movie.

Wow, that is crazy about the bomb threat. Even back in the day we had to take them seriously even though people knew more often than not they were a prank. They always happened during finales week.