Page 278 of 279 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279 LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 6953

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I backed artist Joe Pekar's newest Kickstarter project and was able to commission a Vega drawing from him:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    Awesome Benny, your house must an art museum by now
    Etheria will be mine!

EDIT:

Thought I made a nice vintage robot score but apparently it is an inspired Popy ST Die Cast Robot from Taiwan. It is nice and heavy piece but not as a treasure as I thought it will be.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; January 13, 2020 at 08:32am. Reason: correction
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I don't buy toys anymore. I'm trying to avoid becoming a hoarder!

However, a good friend bought me a Superman action figure for my desk at work. I thought it was cool.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

My Newage Legendary Heroes collection is growing. I got their versions of Jazz and Starscream recently and I'm considering getting Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ironhide and Ratchet too.

This message has been Orko Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Orko View Post
    My Newage Legendary Heroes collection is growing. I got their versions of Jazz and Starscream recently and I'm considering getting Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ironhide and Ratchet too.

https://i.imgur.com/9X4Wy2J.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EahhyCB.jpg
    Those are nice....... hope u complete your wanted set.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by General Stingrad View Post
    Awesome Benny, your house must an art museum by now
    It looks like an art museum, toy store, arcade, comic book/book shop and movie rental store wrapped up in a haunted house.

As far as scores go, I got in a Vintage Collection Shadow Trooper:

And a MAFEX Wolverine:

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 14, 2020 at 03:49pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Awesome wolverine figure Benny. My room looks like a toy store
    Etheria will be mine!

Awesome wolverine figure Benny. My room looks like a toy store
    Thanks. Glad you got a nice theme going for your personal quarters, G-Sting.

Today was a great day for independent art for me as I got in quite a few things. First, I got in my rewards for a Kickstarter project I backed, Harken's Raiders by writer Ron Marz and artist Darryl Banks (co-creator of Green Lantern Kyle Rayner):

Included in the reward package was Darryl Banks' book, The Art of Darryl Banks

As well as an awesome 8 1/2" x 11" Vega commission from Mr. Banks himself:

Secondly, I got in another Kickstarter reward package which included Monsterella #1-3 by Nevin Arnold:

Lastly, I picked up my latest 2 commissions from the framers today:

More awesome artwork Benny. Yeah I probably have more toys than TRU did
    Etheria will be mine!

I've picked up a few new wrestling figures recently, most notably the Walmart exclusive Gorilla Monsoon. Really lucked out in finding him! I also finally found one of the elite scale rings at a price I was comfortable with, though I'm gonna have to find a better spot to put it. It hangs about six inches over the edge of the shelf!

Ugh, can't turn my back on this retail price Transformers Ghostbusters Collaboration Ectotron in Toys R Us in G1 packaging no less.. MOTUC CG is already shipping and the funds needs to be intact, i really need to control my expenses on other lines... but this two iconic brand collab is simply one of the best and exciting things done last 2019, gotta have it.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; January 19, 2020 at 07:24pm.

Traded some G.I.Joes for these Joes.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    EDIT:

Thought I made a nice vintage robot score but apparently it is an inspired Popy ST Die Cast Robot from Taiwan. It is nice and heavy piece but not as a treasure as I thought it will be.

Treasure eventually found.
    Vintage 70's Popy ST Voltes V ST from Japan, side by side with 90's Vintage Mazinger Z inspired die cast robot from Taiwan.
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; January 23, 2020 at 10:43pm.

Court Magician
    two things came in the mail earlier today for me

the new fascimile reprint of Uncanny X-Men 266 which came out in comic book shops since November last year. I just ordered it a few days ago. Now I dont have to hunt the original issue down at ebay or amazon.

paperback of Star Wars Master and Apprentice novel

More awesome artwork Benny.
    Thank you very much.

As for scores, I bought the Escape the Death Star board game which include the vintage style Grand Moff Tarkin:

Normally I am not a Hot Wheels person/collector but when I saw this I had to buy it:

Having a relatively obscure Street Fighter villain in car form seemed like something I wanted to have...

Also, today's mail yielded a great art bonanza for me starting off with a Kickstarter reward package from Marvel/DC artist Steven Butler. I got his 2020 calendar, Warrior Women of the Golden Age that I helped back:

His Warrior Women of the Golden Age Pin-up comic:

I also got a Baroness commission from him as part of my reward. However, as awesome as it is (and it is really is exquisite), I am mildly disappointed it came on a sketch cover comic book instead of a separate piece of paper as I had requested and Mr. Butler had agreed:

I also backed a comic book by artist Jefferson Costa, Arcane Sally and Mr. Steam #4 and while the comic arrived a few months ago
    my commission arrived today. I was expecting a single Baroness commission but I was blown away when inside the package were 3 separate 11" x 17" commissions!

(and my favorite one!):

Lastly, I backed artist Monty Nero's comic book series, Death Sentence Liberty #1-3:

I also got two 8" x 11" commissions from Monty, Vega:

And The Baroness:

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 25, 2020 at 09:04pm.

the toy show yielded two
    tf prime beast hunters arcee
    tf prime megatron.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I got in Star Wars Vintage Collection Princess Leia Organa (Yavin):

I also got in Make Toys' Re:Master Endgame (a.k.a. Decepticon Dirge):

Finally, I didn't expect my 2nd original comic page art acquisition to happen so soon but an opportunity arose that I couldn't pass up so I was able to add 1984 Iron Man #193 page 6 to my collection:

The page as it appears in the comic (or at least at it appears online):

And the cover of the comic book:

And while I never owned this particular issue of Iron Man as a kid, I vividly remember this page as a part Doctor Demonicus' entry in The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition #3 (which I did own and first learned of Doctor Demonicus):

Today got in
    Taarna (by incendium)
    and the latest Doctor doom from ML.
    bandai Trafalgar Law Ichiban version (still might get Nami maybe Zoro).

gotten some other items in recently but planning on showing them off in a picture just haven't had time to pop them open and take the shot.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Yet another female Autobot added to the ranks, Lancer arrived by mail on the 18th of Jan.

This arrived on Sunday, don't like the box art so much. But I'm happy that we finally have a G1 show accurate Skyfire now
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

After reaching out to Mr. Steven Butler about the previous miscommunication of my Baroness commission art being drawn on a sketch cover instead of on a separate sheet of paper, he kindly admitted to his mistake and offered to lightbox a new larger 9" x 12" piece for me:

It's even more beautiful than the original and he even stated his desire to make prints of the image to sell at conventions. That will definitely be cool to see!

Looks awesome Benny. Beautiful and deadly
    Etheria will be mine!

Lucked out and got a 2012-era Funko Pop as part of an eBay lot. Ended up with an Uglydoll one, Wage. I'm a fan of both Pops and Uglydolls, so it's a perfect combo!

Court Magician
    The only recent toy I got is the Star Wars Vintage Collection red Sith Trooper that came in the mail today.

Nice lookin figure. Now I know why I cant find red model paint for model cars lol j/k.

Still thats alot of red to use for Star Wars Sith troopers

Superman Returns The official movie guide. Nice hardbound book to accompany my motu HB books and dceu HB book. Perfect score to celebrate the CW TV DC Arrowverse crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths success.