Thread: What if......

What if......

What if.... to get people to get into he-man w/out knowing it is he-man for the casual fan......Introduce a movie about King Grayskull Make it more Adult ...Like Conan as far as fighting, No sex...With a little 300...Keep all The story. add some more, then add more mythos and magic ,& more action!!!!!!!!!! Introduce the three way war......Epic movie!!!!! Then role it into THE great Castle Grayskull..
    do a little MARVEL @the end introduce a whole New HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I think that sounds like a brilliant idea for a spin off featurette, like the animated DVDs that followed the release of 'Watchmen', but I think that a movie that deals with Adam becoming HeMan and all the concommitant characters and events that would include is most likely the one that will be made.

Heroic Warrior
    I was thinking something similar the other day. Following how successful Batman recently has been with its remake, have an introduction to how he becomes He-Man. Although I think you'd have to have him be He-man at the end for a while then spin off 2 more movies to continue the story.

I dont know why everyone thinks it has to have a new story, if done right the original story would work, in my opinion of course

Heroic Warrior
    People. What makes you think that we will se at least two movies? We will be lucky if we get a single one (and that should be He-Man)

Quote Originally Posted by he-ron View Post
    What if.... to get people to get into he-man w/out knowing it is he-man for the casual fan......Introduce a movie about King Grayskull Make it more Adult ...Like Conan as far as fighting, No sex...With a little 300...Keep all The story. add some more, then add more mythos and magic ,& more action!!!!!!!!!! Introduce the three way war......Epic movie!!!!! Then role it into THE great Castle Grayskull..
    do a little MARVEL @the end introduce a whole New HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!!!
    No sex? That's not good.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

@ he-ron: Your King Grayskull idea would make a great prequel. I think a move about He-Man needs to come first in order to establish the franchise. If the King Grayskull movie comes first, and in the next movie you jump ahead 5,000 years it could alienate the audience. Maybe there could be a King Grayskull prolog in the first move,
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.

Movie mayhem!
    I agree. Its not that I wouldn't want to see a movie like this but I want to see a REAL he-man movie 100x more and if this one bombed we wouldn't get that.
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962