Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New "Create-a-Character" contest!?! - Official Discussion/Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Emiliano should enter Might Bite
    yeah !!! I'd vote for him
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Hopefully no one would actually vote on a "joke character" like Scalp-or but instead a more credible character like Photog or better.
    ^Agreed. And to be perfectly honest, It would be nice if Matty and 4H decided, not fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    In all seriousness we should just get Val and Emiliano to submit Illumina and as a community we should all support that one figure and get her made
    I don't know about well-known unofficial characters being in the contest. This should be reserved only for non-pro fans. Illumina and other greats will have their day I'm sure.

If I could pick one of Gbagok's characters to be made into a figure I'd choose Keclar. I know he's based of an elder from the UK comics but as far as I remember in the comics he was never named or given any story he just appeared as a generic elder with a group of other elders, in a few panels of a few issues.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...keclar_bio.jpg
    Actually, he was named several times, and He-Man even goes back in time and meets the young Keclar, planting the seeds for him to become an Elder!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Yeah I also think that Mattel and the 4H should decide the winner cos they'll know what logistics would be involved to make it. (heh had to use the word)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Actually, he was named several times, and He-Man even goes back in time and meets the young Keclar, planting the seeds for him to become an Elder!
    Really? That must one of the few issues I'm missing cos I don't remember that at all (coincidently most of the issues I'm missing arn't on the ORG either).
    Now I want a Keclar figure even more!

Edit:
    Looks like that story is in Adventure Magazine #3 which I do have so will reread that tonight, thanks for telling about that Toymaker.
    Last edited by 13977; July 22, 2011 at 09:24am.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Does he have a working "action feature"?
    Yeah, but the special ingredient is not included! Batteries sold separately!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Give me Copperhead or Caught-N-Mouth any day!

... that sounds wrong doesn't it?
    Sounds like the latter of the two can team up with my Create-A-Character...STRONG BONG!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Yeah, but the special ingredient is not included! Batteries sold separately!
    Wow. There's a lot I could say here but Mizzo has enough self-esteem problems as it is.

Sounds like the latter of the two can team up with my Create-A-Character...STRONG BONG!
    Strong Bong's weaknesses: math problems or anything requiring rational thought or intense mental concentration for more than 2 seconds.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Really? That must one of the few issues I'm missing cos I don't remember that at all (coincidently most of the issues I'm missing arn't on the ORG either).
    Now I want a Keclar figure even more!

Edit:
    Looks like that story is in Adventure Magazine #3 which I do have so will reread that tonight, thanks for telling about that Toymaker.
    Sidenote, not so much for Keclar, but probably for the time travel aspect, that story and the 3 parter from regular comic 8-10 were the ones I remembered before I started collecting them again!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Wow. There's a lot I could say here but Mizzo has enough self-esteem problems as it is.

Strong Bong's weaknesses: math problems or anything requiring rational thought or intense mental concentration for more than 2 seconds.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l73hbqRPNW1qbipv3o1_400.gif
    Well, well, well. It looks like someone is giddy with anticipation about the SDCC MOTUC announcements today.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Well, it's official now. The content is for US residents only. i did expect this restriction, but I am still sad I cannot enter.

I am ****ing ****** off!!!!

What bullcrap is this!?!?!?
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

The problem is international copyright law. Mattel probably doesn't want to be in danger to get into any legal disputes. Correct me if I am wrong but in the US you can transfer all the rights concerning your creation to Mattel, which for example wouldn't be possible in Germany where you can only transfer specific usage rights but not the rights for the creation as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    The problem is international copyright law. Mattel probably doesn't want to be in danger to get into any legal disputes. Correct me if I am wrong but in the US you can transfer all the rights concerning your creation to Mattel, which for example wouldn't be possible in Germany where you can only transfer specific usage rights but not the rights for the creation as is.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    But can the same not apply to Canadian residents? I'm pretty sure we can transfer all the rights concerning personal creation to Mattel, due to North American trade agreements.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; July 22, 2011 at 05:47pm.

Fellow global fans please sign my petition, I dont give a hoot about copyright laws in different countries, Mattel should make a plan! We deserve it!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211546

Thanks
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I am ****ing ****** off!!!!

What bullcrap is this!?!?!?

Maybe about legal issues, but only time will tell. Go on reading the bios. *******
    AHHHHHHHHHHRG
    action features for action figures!

I wonder if the contest could have been international if no prizes were being handed out? I think most people are in this simply to create something immortalized in plastic and not a free subscription and '24 samples of your winning figure'.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I noticed from the pictures taken at the panel that "any medium is fine", does that mean photoshopped images? My art skills are not that stellar.

Are the bucks also include specials like Leech fe
    action features for action figures!

it must be created from existing MOTUC body parts
    Then, design new heads, capes, armors, weapons, boots, gloves, wings, or clothing and accessories to create a whole new character.
    Which parts count as the bucks and which parts aren't, exactly? I'm not really up on all this lingo.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Should I enter He-Lok, or someone new?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Emiliano should enter Might Bite and Illumina if Matty still consider her a fan created character!

http://static.flickr.com/85/229552468_1904d100a6_o.jpg
    OMG he is amazing. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I believe this one is Gbagok's. Either way it gets my vote for most awesome fan creation I've ever seen:

Plus it's like two figures in one. I would love to have this woman. The Snakemen need a queen!

I'm really hoping to see THE RAW just go absolutely crazy in there. I would vote for Battle Pigeon. NO really, I would.

But many of his originals I'm just completely gaga over. I think he does it perfectly.