Thread: is the project dead

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar

is the project dead

am i the only fan thinking this. we heard nothing at SDCC and even with the 30th anniversary and now rumors that mattle have shifted to a voltron movie it seems MOTU on the big screen isn't gonna happen

i know we had the producer speaking about a script but this si what the 4th or 5th time thats happened.

i want to be wrong but more and more it doesn't look like it
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

One of the “major” announcements at SDCC was never going to be movie-related. That was just people (like me) jumping to conclusions. It was always going to be just about toys. The Voltron movie doesn’t really have anything to do with Mattel, unless I’m mistaken. Just another movie project that they'll probably end up producing toys for.

Saying its dead may be a bit premature. Just because we haven’t heard anything in a while doesn’t mean its dead. Of course, I could be wrong. Still, the VP of the studio seemed pretty excited about it as recent as late May, so I guess that means it’s still ticking. Also, Toyguru said on one of the recent Roast Gooble dinners that its still moving forward.

Another thing, as well, is the Mattel quarterly report Tallstar posted earlier this month. I don’t know the name, but one of the Mattel big-wigs said they’re still working with Sony and that the earliest we’ll see a movie will be 2013. I guess that makes sense, although, if it does happen at Sony, I’m guessing 2014 is more likely.
    Last edited by Krueger; July 23, 2011 at 08:06pm.

Has a Director been named?

our mistake is always hope some news in the comic con.

Sony's vice president recently said that praying to have the script this summer, with that statement obviously we will not have any information in sdcc
    I am very positive about the movie right now, the problem is that movements are slow in movie business but I think we have a movie in 2014.

about voltron news ,just one company took the rights, there is no script, even screenwriter comfirmed.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    look i wasn't expecting an avengers style reveal or anything. but a bit of news that says the movie is moving forward or they are still working on it
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

In my mind the most logical outcome right now. Mattle obviously wants to make a movie that will make fans like us happy, right? right. But they also want to make a movie that will have the non-fans become fans. This is all simple logic. Look at all the plots that they shot our way for the past few years . SHUT DOWN. I still think they should do some straight to DVD animated movies using the mythos from the Classics universe. since it combines the best of both the 80's and the MYP series. look at alot of marvels straight to DVD sales. If they were bad they wouldn't keep making so many films. plus if you wanted to do a build up to the movie you could make a movie about Grayskull with voice work of Dolph and Frank and Grayskull and Hordak...just saying.

Movie mayhem!
    There were a lot of rumors (positive ones) flying around at SDCC...key word, rumors. I was really let down that ANOTHER con came and went without any movie news...but I'm hopeful they are still working on it and just not ready to announce anything
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

Heroic Warrior
    This thing will happen eventually. As soon studios realise that He-Man (Masters Of The Universe) is\are popular all around the globe. I think there is little countries who never heard about He-Man... And it wont flop (financially), but studios have to realise this tiny thing

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    There were a lot of rumors (positive ones) flying around at SDCC...key word, rumors. I was really let down that ANOTHER con came and went without any movie news...but I'm hopeful they are still working on it and just not ready to announce anything
    Care to spill? Who told you of these rumours, or were you actually there?

Anyway, thinking of it, why would they announce anything about the movie at the Matty palooza panel? It would be Sony making the announcement.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    This thing will happen eventually. As soon studios realise that He-Man (Masters Of The Universe) is\are popular all around the globe. I think there is little countries who never heard about He-Man... And it wont flop (financially), but studios have to realise this tiny thing
    Actually, MOTU isn't as big as many like to think, but what will drive Sony to get into gear is how similar films (like Thor and its sequel, the GI Joe sequel, the performance of Transformers, and the next round of fantasy flicks like Conan, Immortals and Wrath of the Titans) perform at the box office.

I think Sony is waiting to see how the above fare before putting in with MOTU, and which direction to take the movie.

Remember, rights for Transformers were acquired in 2001, the film didn't get released until 2007 and that was ONLY after Steven Spielberg signed on as Executive producer in 2005

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Care to spill? Who told you of these rumours, or were you actually there?

Anyway, thinking of it, why would they announce anything about the movie at the Matty palooza panel? It would be Sony making the announcement.
    Just other orgers, so not anyone official.

Sony was actually at/on the panel in years past. I don't think they were there this year though... which is fine since the panels they were at in the past the said nothing.
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

Quote Originally Posted by prince.nothing View Post
    I like the He-Man and Battle Cat pic in that article!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

https://www.ebluejay.com/store/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!