Thread: Straight to DVD Movie.

Straight to DVD Movie.

I know what your thinking just from the title. "WHAT THE HELL?!"

Listen for the past while we the fans have been talking about a build up to Adam getting the sword of He. Right? Right. Also alot of fans want to see the conflict Between Grayskull and Hordak ....and King Hiss.
    This being a good way to build up to the Live action film , have a straight to DVD animated film of Grayskull in the first Great War. Also have the voices of none other than Dolph Lundgren (A.K.A He-man.) for Grayskull and Frank Langella (A.K.A Skeletor) as the voice of Hordak. By making it an animated film you now reaching to a new younger audiance getting them hyped for the movie. Also maybe a small preview of the MOTUC line at the preview part. So when people see this and go to Matty collector and see that they are sold out. It clicks in their head "Hey this might be the new in thing, they sold out of all their merchindise. " Then kids with have fits because they can't find the figures anywhere , they "Gotta have them." Thus building hype.

Sorry for the Rant. But long story short. An Animated movie would be cheaper and get the story across and be a great build up for the live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoore View Post
    I know what your thinking just from the title. "WHAT THE HELL?!"

Listen for the past while we the fans have been talking about a build up to Adam getting the sword of He. Right? Right. Also alot of fans want to see the conflict Between Grayskull and Hordak ....and King Hiss.
    This being a good way to build up to the Live action film , have a straight to DVD animated film of Grayskull in the first Great War. Also have the voices of none other than Dolph Lundgren (A.K.A He-man.) for Grayskull and Frank Langella (A.K.A Skeletor) as the voice of Hordak. By making it an animated film you now reaching to a new younger audiance getting them hyped for the movie. Also maybe a small preview of the MOTUC line at the preview part. So when people see this and go to Matty collector and see that they are sold out. It clicks in their head "Hey this might be the new in thing, they sold out of all their merchindise. " Then kids with have fits because they can't find the figures anywhere , they "Gotta have them." Thus building hype.

Sorry for the Rant. But long story short. An Animated movie would be cheaper and get the story across and be a great build up for the live action.
    Ya know, I would love for the 200x story to be finished, then have the huge Grayskull/Horde Great War. Several DVD's would be sweet.

Not sure if parents are gonna go out of their way to buy those figures for around $30 bucks a piece (with shipping) and even more on eBay. If they were in stores, for around $10 or so, then it would definitely help... Heck, then maybe I could start collecting them all.

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    I like this idea.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be all for a direct to DVD movie finishing up the 200X storyline…or a the very least finishing up the second season!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like straight-to-DVD movies a la Pitch Black or Batman Begins, and I feel like there are a few other movies that did this: animated movies that surround the story, either a prequel or a side-story or something.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblue View Post
    Ya know, I would love for the 200x story to be finished, then have the huge Grayskull/Horde Great War. Several DVD's would be sweet.

Not sure if parents are gonna go out of their way to buy those figures for around $30 bucks a piece (with shipping) and even more on eBay. If they were in stores, for around $10 or so, then it would definitely help... Heck, then maybe I could start collecting them all.
    I agree. I want to see the MYP series Season 3. It sounds like there were a lot of great ideas and I want to see Skeletor rise again.

No interest in a Dolph sounding He-Man though. I'd love just to see MYP finish what they started.

Quote Originally Posted by CptSpandex View Post
    I agree. I want to see the MYP series Season 3. It sounds like there were a lot of great ideas and I want to see Skeletor rise again.

No interest in a Dolph sounding He-Man though. I'd love just to see MYP finish what they started.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by CptSpandex View Post

no one said Dolph as the voice of he-man. Of course I would love to see them finish off season 3 of MYP. But what I mean is a movie setting up also the new movie get some hype going I.E : Animatrix

Movie mayhem!
    I would love this
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

In many ways, I'd prefer to see an animated film rather than a live action film anyway, so this has my support.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    seeing the recent direct to DVD animated movies, I would say HECK yeah.

Most def. I'd prefer a animated movie rather than a live-action movie anyway they can just do soooo much more!!!

I'm not a big fan of the 2002 series but I'd love to see that.

This has been discussed here for the past ten years. A straight to DVD animated MotU movie has been a fan-wish for a long time. It also makes a lot of sense. This can be done through WB animation like the DC animated stuff. I am sure it would do well enough to turn a profit, and there could also be some figures based on the movie's designs sold on mattycollector.

It took Mattel a long time to get it right with creation of the Classics toyline. Maybe they will realize that this direct-to-dvd movie is also a good idea sooner than later.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

As much as I love Dolph as He-Man, I don't think he has the voice for animation. Langella would be perfect for animation, as he has a wonderful voice.

I don't see them ever revisiting the 80s movie for a full length made-for-DVD release. However... a short film made exclusively for the 1980s Blu-Ray DVD would be sweet (like what Marvel is now doing with their films). A short film dealing with the bounty hunters from MOTU (like Blade, Beastman, and Saurod) would be amazing. Something between 10 to 20 minutes might be possible on a small budget, and it would make a great DVD extra. If they could get Dolph as He-Man in it... well, that would be stellar!
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; August 25, 2011 at 07:39pm.

I really feel that they need to put out something right now. It has been a while since they made a any form of statment about any sort of film. I think for now they should do the straight to DVD animated films.

I like this idea! Anything to get more He-Man/MOTU videos out there! Be it cartoons or live-action, I'd enjoy watching it just to see something new & add to my collection. I'd prefer a longer movie over shorts, but who knows? maybe whatever scripts they had (besides the unproduced #41 that was made into a comic book) would be a good way to make shorts, but then get it revisited by showing off the past with Grayskull & his allies (He-Ro, Tytus, the Council...) vs. the Horde & Snakemen. Either way, whatever might happen, if they made something, I'd buy it.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!