Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Bravestarr a spin-off of He-Man?

Heroic Warrior
    It really would not matter as Mattel does not own either the rights for Bravestar nor Blackstar. If you want to make a universe you need to choose items Mattel actually owns.

Bravestarr rights are now owned by NBC Universal / Dreamworks.
    And Yes, Bravestarr was confirmed years ago totally being set in the same universe, with New texas not far behind from Eternia!
    It would be nice have Marshall Bravestarr doing a cameo in Revelations, also Blackstar would be darn right!
    If She-ra was always meant to be (Filmation) MOTU season3, so Bravestarr was sorta of a season4, or at least I like me to think in those terms
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior
    Still it may have been meant but if Mattel don't own it it would never exist in a shared universe. You would have to look to chracters like Big Jim, Barbie, Max Steel, Hot Wheels, Wheeled Warriors, Monster High, Ever After High etc. I would have listed Captain Power but I don't think they still own that.

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    And Yes, Bravestarr was confirmed years ago totally being set in the same universe, with New texas not far behind from Eternia!
    Except it's not. Bravestarr being part of MOTU was an early* idea that was quickly dismissed and that's all there is to that. The final product is its own thing.

[*It was suggested so early on that they hadn't even finalized the logo yet, let alone cast of characters (no Shaman, no Judge J.B, no Stampede...)]
    Last edited by Grimbot; September 4, 2019 at 05:36pm.
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Its a big universe . Why not ? Tex Hex , Stampede , Whomever that Blackstar villain was has so much more in common with Eternia than Plundarr the evil purple pollution bunny .
    This! From barbarians to cyborg cowboys and Demon ninjas and Flying momkey birds... it's REALLY hard to say what is or is not in the theme of MOTU. MOTU quickly abandoned nearly any premise and leaned into the 'Everything in the toy box all played together' concept... and frankly I love it. It's the same way I used to play with my toys.

Dinosaurs, transformers, Voltron, Superman... whatever you got, it gets tossed into the mix