View Poll Results: Should there be a straight to DVD movie

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Continue where MYP series left off.

6 30.00%
  • Yes, Build up to the new movie. (EG: Animatrix)

3 15.00%
  • No, Would rather see the movie in theaters.

3 15.00%
  • Maybe if they give us some updates.

0 0%
  • Yes, a movie based on the MOTUC.

8 40.00%

Thread: Should there be a straight to DVD movie.

Should there be a straight to DVD movie.

What do you think?

I definitely would have loved a direct to DVD continuation of the MYP show.
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoore View Post
    What do you think?
    I almost had a thought this was a rhetorical question indicating that the overall consensus from us fans would be a resounding "YES".

Personally, I'd say a direct to DVD movie should start with King Grayskull's final battle with Hordak. When he dies at the end of the movie, it'd be interesting to tease to He-Man and everyone else in a brief montage of what is to come on the planet of Eternia. I'd be confident to say bypass He-Man for the second DVD and go straight to a stand alone She-Ra story. Of course, She-Ra would be clearly shown in the montage that should be King Grayskull's dying vision of sorts. It could end with a silouhetted image of He-Man raising his sword in front of Castle Grayskull.

I seriously doubt you're going to get a lot of "No" responses to this question.

Absolutely. I would like to see a continuation of the MYP toon, even though it's almost 10 years old now. It would make more financial sense to base it on classic designs, since they are more recognizable. It would definitely be profitable.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

No. MOTU deserves more. Direct to DVD movie is thinking far too small, IMO. Big budget movie please. Only way to really breathe new life into the franchise.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Where's the simple "Yes!" option? I'd be interested in an animated straight-to-DVD movie regardless of if it's based on the minicomics, MYP, MOTUC or an upcoming movie. Just give us something.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Director Gary Goddard (MOTU: TMP) told the audience at POWER-CON this past weekend that he is hoping to see his 1987 movie on Blu-Ray next year. I know they would never make an official sequel to that film, but a short film using some of the characters/actors from that film (like Blade) would be an awesome bonus feature on the Blu-Ray (something 10 to 13 minutes long - just a short). Or even a short animated film based on the 87 movie would be a cool bonus feature, if they could use some of the original cast.

I'd love to see the continuation of the MYP series, but this should be very attractive,he-man and she-ra together , maybe the 200x version of Secret of the Sword

my questions are:

What is the cost of production of a animated movie direct-to-dvd?

How many copies it should sell or accumulate dollars for this to take some profits?

Heroic Warrior
    The Thor and Batman movies were complemented by a one-off feature-length anime while the best of the Marvel ones - Dr Strange - had no movie to hype. Futurama brought itself back onto TV with the popularity of its DVD-only releases
    I'd love see MYP get behind the lens again for a feature... but can you imagine a sell through DVD from Lou Scheimer? Old artists back again to do what Filmation might have done with the Snake Men, 'Powers of Grayskull' etc... boy I'd sure get a kick out of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    No. MOTU deserves more. Direct to DVD movie is thinking far too small, IMO. Big budget movie please. Only way to really breathe new life into the franchise.
    I agree about the big budget movie but a complimenting direc to video animated feature would rock.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure