Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123 LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3055

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    The Mighty Spector will forever haunt your dreams!
    LOL at least I never bought it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    LOL at least I never bought it.
    You're one step ahead of me...
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

You're one step ahead of me...
    I never bought too many MOTUC figures, only owned about 24 and I have sold them all. But it still annoys me Spector got made while various New Adventures characters did not.

Still arguably the worst figure in the line along with Photog and Castle Greyskullman...and Preternia He-Man.
    Awww they ain't that bad......1570589141339154828002877672815.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Nice!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    That is the stuff of nightmares.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/xzFPGy7ZFDhNz2Dx7

Castle Grayskullman is one of my favorites in the line.

Looking back, the Mighty Spector is a fairly good figure but not the most exciting figure. He's got some cool features like the holster for his pistol and the energy weapons on his wrist, though the body design is kind of plain. He also came out in the middle of the line when we still didn't have all of the key players, so there's kind of a "what might we have got in his place?" mentality. To my knowledge, he hasn't shown up in anything for awhile, though, and I'd be surprised if he ever showed up in official MOTU media (other than the continuing MOTUC bios) again.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post

Looking back, the Mighty Spector is a fairly good figure but not the most exciting figure. He's got some cool features like the holster for his pistol and the energy weapons on his wrist, though the body design is kind of plain. He also came out in the middle of the line when we still didn't have all of the key players, so there's kind of a "what might we have got in his place?" mentality. To my knowledge, he hasn't shown up in anything for awhile, though, and I'd be surprised if he ever showed up in official MOTU media (other than the continuing MOTUC bios) again.
    Sounds like its time to drum up support for a Mighty Spector figure in the Origins line!

Sounds like its time to drum up support for a Mighty Spector figure in the Origins line!
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

- - - Updated - - -

I could excuse Spector if he at least had a better head sculpt/design instead of a Deadpool rip off.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I had Spector in the box, then my son wanted a new Classics figure, and I grabbed that box and showed him. To my surprise, he liked the figure a lot. He liked the plasma sword, the blaster and holster and the Marvel hero likeness (he's so fond of Avengers). Not my favorite figure, but it's not so bad. I like him best than Sea Hawk, for example. However, I wonder why we always ended with Trap-Jaw boots for almost any figure needing that style of legs or boots. I think He-Ro's boots had worked fine, and are under-used in the line.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Castle Grayskullman is fantastic! I'd really love to see him in MOTU Origins.

Spector isn't really my thing, but it's certainly not a bad figure.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    On announcement I hated Spector, but in person I changed my mind and really liked him, hes well made and vibrant on shelf....

..However, I still loathe and despise the 'Spade' Icon on his chest, if it had been any less 'terrestrial' icon Id be 100% happy!

And IMO hes a lot more impressive than the atrocious 'Sir Loser-Lot'
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

I'm also not a fan of the spade on his chest or the Spector character name. I feel if that had been a clock on his chest, and a more time travel type name, the figure would be absolutely fine, and fit in great with New Adventures.
    I really like Sir Laser-Lot. That's a very MOTU'esque name and gimmick. I could have definitely seen him showing up in a Filmation MOTU episode. He'd fit right it.
    And I didn't like Castle Grayskullman when I first heard about him, but I feel the design came out great. And him being a golem type protector of Grayskull makes perfect sense.

I just try to look at new characters with my "kid eyes". If these had shown up on the shelves in the 80s, would I think twice about them today? Odds are the answer is no.

Even King Grayskull has grown on me. I still have my gripes about his size and power relative to He-Man. But a lot of fan concepts and ideas since his debut have helped make him more of a fit (at least in my eyes) into the MOTU universe.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    My only gripe with Sir Laser-Lot is the colors. I would have preferred something other than the Superman color scheme. he is a neat character and concept though.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    My only gripe with Sir Laser-Lot is the colors. I would have preferred something other than the Superman color scheme. he is a neat character and concept though.
    100% this!!! yep....I think Laser-lot is really nicely done and LOVE the translucent parts (I am a total sucka for translucent figures/toys) but its the on the nose superman color scheme. if he had been any other color combo Id have really liked him...but as is its just 'Ew'

of that mini sub I have to admit I was genuinely shocked by how much I appreciated the figures in hand (aside from Loser-lot)

Photog was something I railed against for many months (honestly...look back at posts around his reveal and prior to shipping....Yikes!)...but then he arrived and i truly was floored by how much I loved him! (I did go in and admit how much I loved him!lol)

Castle Grayskull man- I really like him, and as Val remarks above, the fact that they made him a 'Golem' type eternal guardian truly made me appreciate him 100% more.(I wished Id gotten two!)

Draego was and is just simply a BEAST! so vibrant, so well done..and so impressive on the shelf (and the weapons pack of completion just elevated him further)

Spector- Naff name and that 'Spade' KILLS me! but hes a great figure...not a time traveler in my 'canon' more an assassin!

Cy-Chop.... honestly I freaking ADORE that figure, The moment I opened him I fell in love...hes so preposterous and shouldnt make sense...but he does! His colors, his chrome dome, his clear chest, his disparate parts and ludicrously big choppers....Hes just so far out hes just right!

Loser -Lot....Nope, sorry it had potential but that color combo..up up and away...FAR away please!

Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    A different colour scheme would certainly have helped. At the very least, something to break up all that blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

Even King Grayskull has grown on me. I still have my gripes about his size and power relative to He-Man. But a lot of fan concepts and ideas since his debut have helped make him more of a fit (at least in my eyes) into the MOTU universe.
    I remember how much you absolutely DESPISED King Grayskull, so this is quite the revelation! At least in Classics he has the same sized physique.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I could excuse Spector if he at least had a better head sculpt/design instead of a Deadpool rip off.
    Toy Guru head...?

- - - Updated - - -

I never bought too many MOTUC figures, only owned about 24 and I have sold them all. But it still annoys me Spector got made while various New Adventures characters did not.
    Thats fair! I certainly would have rathered a Hoove or even Kayo over a Mighty Spector figure.

Toy Guru head...?
    It would have ay least made more sense. What was the point of the Spade logo...what did that have to do with the characters time travel power? Aside from time travel did he have any other power?

I like Spector, and I’ll thumb wrestle anyone who doesn’t. He looks great next to other more outlandish figures. I have him grouped with Rotar, Strobo, Photog, Laser Lot, and the New Adventures heroes. The spade works as a clock hand.

Laser Lot would have been a hit in the vintage line. I can imagine him having a sparking thing inside his chest that would illuminate the gem. I swapped his body with a Palace Randor to make him look a little more foppish. I imagine him as sort of a Dudley Do-Right type of character.

Since we ended up talking about more of the 30th Anniversary characters in this thread, why not give some other retrospective thoughts...

Grayskull Man is very cool, but also a little bit too on the nose. Sometimes I like him a lot, sometimes I move him to the back of a lower shelf when I rearrange my “teams”.

Cy-Chop looks more like a Space Mutant than a regular Hordesman, so that’s how I display him. On my shelf, all the Space Mutants wear Horde belts or armbands; they’re one big dysfunctional family.

Photog is exactly what he should be, and he fits with NA or with sci fi guys like Roboto and Man-E.

Draego Man is the undisputed champion of the bunch. It’s like the class had a science fair. All the students came in with vinegar and baking soda volcanoes, styrofoam ball solar systems, and potted plants. Then that one kid comes in with a cold fusion reactor. On my shelf he hangs out with an evil human faction led by Jitsu as sort of their patron god.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Cy-Chop is a figure I like because the back story fits so well with the design of the figure. A fellow fan told me that the design reminded him of the characters seen in that cult anime called Space Adventure Cobra (based on a graphc novel), and it's true! (it happens I loved that anime series when I was a teenager), so I could easily picture tat bounty hunter in a hi-tech planet in Infinita. However, I always wanted to see how was the original look of the character before the accident. I took that hand from Horde Prime (where you woud put that cannon-crossbow) and gave it to Cy-Chop, looks really good. If something I have to complaint about this character is that it didn't came with interchangeable hands/scissors.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'll give this a whirl:

1. Draego-Man - striking, cool figure - a humanoid dragon works so well in MOTU. I hope he shows up in future media as well. He was an excellent addition to the line. I think I've only seen ONE friend in the community say they didn't care for him. As I recall, the friend in question referred to Draego-Man as looking like "a Dinosaucer," which is hilarious, and now I can't look at Draego-Man without thinking of ****ing Dinosaucers.

IMO, he is pure MOTU, fantasy coolness, and is the undisputed favorite of the 30th anniversary bunch. Magnificent figure and great character.

2. Castle Grayskullman
    - Pure coolness. I don't get why some people don't like this figure. What's not to love about a powerful golem protector of Castle Grayskull? While I can see why some would feel he's too on the nose, visually-speaking, I actually think it's very appropriate that he was created to resemble the very castle that he must protect. The castle itself is intimidating, and so is he. I've heard a few folks gripe about the fact that he has hair, but I don't have a problem with that at all, personally. He's awesome and spooky-looking, and that works for me. Also, I love that his shield and swords are drawn from Grayskull's visual icons. He's easily my second favorite in the 30th anniversary line, and I think he's awesome.

3. Fearless Photog
    - Wonderfully goofy, and so great. I love this damn figure and was so excited to finally get him. Maybe it was knowing for so many years that he was "the character that won the contest, was going to come out, and then never did" that made him such an exciting release. Even so, he's just visually striking. I was happy that Nathan Bitner finally got his Photog, and was glad to add him to my collection too. That said, I do not care for the backstory where he's presented as a hapless guy who accidentally gets himself fused with a camera head. That felt kind of silly to me, and I got a wacky, high concept 60's sitcom vibe from that notion. I just think of him as an advanced reconnaissance robot who can drain his enemies' power in battle.

4. Sir Laser-Lot
    - I think a knight fits in perfectly with the world of MOTU, and it's an archetype that I'm happy to have in the line. We have the Red Knight in She-Ra, but he never got a figure. Visually, Extendar is definitely evocative of a knight. I don't remember if he's actually ever referred to as a knight, but he could certainly count as one, particularly since he was given that cool lance. Regardless, I am happy we got a definitive "yep, he's a knight" in SLL. I like the laser plume in his helmet. His backstory is pretty cool, and was fleshed out a little bit in the DC comic. Not sure I like the fact that he starts as a Preternia character though. He looks very out-of-place in that grouping of figures. Since he ends up in the Son of He-Man era, however, that's where I display him and he works VERY well with the other Son of He-Man characters. While he does have too much of a Superman color scheme, those colors work pretty well when he's standing alongside King He-Man, Dare, Spector, and the Unnamed One. I like displaying him with that cool laser mace too.

5. Cy-Chop - I've gone back and forth on this guy. At first I liked him, then I didn't like him, and now I like him again. I think what throws me is the furry legs and beast feet. Even though he's a cyborg, those legs still kind of don't match the rest of him. However, as I dug deeper into Terry's influences for this character, I began to enjoy him all over again. He's a crazy amalgam of elements from the Japanese superhero/adventure shows and toys that Terry grew up with in Hawaii - especially Microman and Hasami Jaguar.

I think knowing the influences behind the design, and that he's derived from these wild 70's and 80's Japanese superhero TV shows and figures, made me like him a lot more. Plus, a guy with giant scissors for hands IS very MOTU, and I could totally see an 80's toy with snapping scissor-hands as an action feature. Although it wouldn't have passed safety restrictions, I can imagine them as rounded in front but actually being able to cut through paper. I can see the commercial now, as Cy-Chop cuts his way through a makeshift paper barrier lol.

6. Mighty Spector - Initially, I disliked this figure. I thought he was too 90's comic book superhero-looking, his iconography made no sense (why a Spade?), and he was just way too powerful, character-wise. But, you know, maybe I've just gotten used to him, but his look has grown on me a bit. I like the purple and yellow combo, and the mask is pretty neat, even if he does look like Deadpool. He also looks good with the Son of He-Man crew, alongside Sir Laser-Lot, Unnamed One, King He-Man, and Dare. Visually, he fits pretty well with that bunch and that's where I display him. Story-wise, I really like Gbagok's idea for him, which appears in his awesome Unofficial Bios thread. Here, Spector became displaced in the timestream, and is now a non-corporeal "specter".

That way, they could have released him maybe as a semi-translucent figure, and limited the scope of his powers.

I'm still not a huge fan of the spade symbol, but if I think of it as the tip of a clock's hand, that makes it a bit more palatable.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; October 13, 2019 at 09:15pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I've never been on board with the Spector hate, it always felt more reflective of the feelings on his creator than the character himself. Lots of characters beyond just Deadpool have the two spots over the eyes thing over a full head sock style mask thing going on (Spawn, Spiderman, Deathstroke, Bane are just a few off the top of my head) so it never felt distinctly derivative of any one character and instead felt more like MOTU's take on that common American comic book design.

The colors, and overall mix of parts felt appropriately MOTU and neat. And while we have a ton of time travel in the Classics mythos nobody's thing was specifically that, so having him fit in that powerset filled a niche that wasn't already taken. Even the spade, which people seem to have an issue with fits just fine with me. Need I remind you that MOTU uses a TON of existing Earth iconography in its designs, from He-Man's iron cross to even Skeletor's chest bones with his skull face directly referencing the pirate crossbones icon.

I dunno, he just is kinda cool to me and another rad addition to the mythos. I was excited to embraced every new addition to MOTU mythos though, as it felt great getting growth to the brand with every new character or plot twist.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    I think the warrior in yellow should include the Mighty Spector whip and Misquitor's crossbow as pack ins. I'll let the bio writers sort out why.
    Last edited by davidlogan; October 17, 2019 at 07:01pm.
    "..."

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon

- - - Updated - - -

Toy Guru head...?
    We did get a "Toy Guru Head", the Caucasian Royal Guard head from the Royal Guard 2 packs were stated to be Scott's noggin. One of the Four Horsemen did it as a bit of a joke and an Easter egg In the line. The character was even name checked in the bio as Lt. John Spector. Said name was also used in Mighty Spector's bio. The name is also a joke referring to Scott's spectacles(glasses)
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Mostly Playlists & used for commenting on videos. Still, Check it out if you have time.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    We did get a "Toy Guru Head", the Caucasian Royal Guard head from the Royal Guard 2 packs were stated to be Scott's noggin. One of the Four Horsemen did it as a bit of a joke and an Easter egg In the line. The character was even name checked in the bio as Lt. John Spector. Said name was also used in Mighty Spector's bio. The name is also a joke referring to Scott's spectacles(glasses)
    Yeah, I knew about the Palace Guard. Didn't know about the spectacles part though! That's neat!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I think the warrior in yellow should include the Might Spector whip and Misquitor's crossbow as pack ins. I'll let the bio writers sort out why.
    OOOoOoOoh! Nice idea!