Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zen's He-Man & She-Ra Arts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Zen's He-Man & She-Ra Arts

OK, so here I will place my He-Man & She-Ra artwork, I hope the pics I do will please!

I know it's not much of a start, but this was a rather difficult pic to do (major respect for the original artist) and took a long time to get finished, so I give you, the Crystal Castle... also as a minor experiment, there is a 3D version of it too!

Totally Dyslexic
    It looks great, i donīt have 3D glasses so i canīt say much about the 3D picture but the other one is stunning!

So clear and vibrant, i really like it!

Heroic Warrior TombstonePiledrive's Avatar
    Awesome work. I think the 3D one almost gave me a headache. However, the normal version is incredible. I can tell you put a lot into this. The detail is great and the colors are super smooth.

Thanks guys, and yes, it did take a lot of doing, but I enjoyed doing it as well. Took a few attempts to get the dodge & burn right on the colours, though the clouds were the newest thing for me, I have never done any before, not like this anyway, did 'em properly for a change instead of using the 'Cloud' filter

Nice 3D picture. And I can confirm: it actually works.
    A proud Illumina fan! - She-Raver by conviction...

For a better 3D feeling i would suggest, do the 3D effect on the background and leave the castle as it is, that way it pops out of the image way better.
    If i may show you what i mean, have a look at this, i did it a while back:
    http://maxnethaal.deviantart.com/gal...et=48#/d2r4amq

But maybe it didn't work that good for me because i have red/blue glasses, not red and green.

Liking these much

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Thanks. Whilst I am making good progress, I do often wonder how long it's going to take me to do the whole episode, minus the cuts I am making.

Anyway, here is a small comparison image for this scene, I hope you can see my minor changes:

Also, doesn't look like I posted this one yet:

Last edited by Zentron; February 15, 2018 at 08:43pm.

It's the color of Bow's eyebrow right?

There's that, but I have given colour to everyone's eyebrows... apart from Lohni, seeing as we never know what colour her hair is anyway, I kept her eyebrows black! Look more towards Adora in the background there, I've given some better definition to her hips, legs and arm, whilst I like the legs of the originals, they did look a bit too unnatural, so she now has an arse and her legs don't look like they've been stuck on! Some minor changes to Lohni as well, but I think I mentioned those a little earlier on in this thread!

Another reproduction frame from my digital reproduction of the She-Ra episode, Friendship. In this frame, She-Ra, Bow, Lohni and her father escape Beast Island on the back of a Tyrosaur, the same one as pictured a bit earlier last year (Healed). In this particular moment, Lohni voices her air of concern about leaving Adora on Beast Island, though obviously as Adora is She-Ra, She-Ra assures her that she is OK in the moment after.

I have made a few minor changes to this scene, Lohni's eyes are usually drawn lopsided... bad quality control... so I have sorted that out here, her lips are also were a bit small, so I have enlarged them slightly:

I love visiting this thread, nice art here

Again thanks for the compliment, and I promise to post more of my own original art, not just from my reproduction of the Friendship episode. Speaking of, I will be posting a Adora/She-Ra back-to-back image soon, I've made a few tweaks to my She-Ra design, along with an animatic for my Adora to She-Ra transformation sequence a little later.

*EDIT*
    Just finished reproducing Lohni's lip shapes for this sequence, I placed them on the timeline that corresponded to the lip shapes, and well... it's bad.... the lip syncing for this bit was TERRIBLE!!! It was basically just lip flapper, hardly any of it had anything to do with the words being spoken, so I've watched it several times and I've placed them in time to the words, so it's now as it should be!
    Last edited by Zentron; February 17, 2018 at 11:44pm.

Another preview pic, from the bit where Lohni asks Hordak about his promise to release her father:

I know it looks familiar, they reused the same stance on multiple occasions, there's only a few instances where they use a different pose for her!
    Last edited by Zentron; December 27, 2018 at 03:53pm.

A bit of animation, related to the pic I just posted. Lohni's mouth animation is done, I just have to find an expanded image of the background behind her an reproduce it, but for now, I hope this wets the appetite a little:

I though for this preview, I would show the frame in its uncompleted state, so you can see how I reconstruct the figures in my digital reproduction of the She-Ra episode Friendship. As you can see, Hordak is missing his head, each part of his figure is constructed separately, arms, body, legs head and overlapped so I don't have to reproduce his entire body each time I need to move something, in this case, his blaster arm and his head. This scene is where Bow has arrived to try and rescue Adora, but Hordak stops him by spraying him with sleep gas!

Last edited by Zentron; December 27, 2018 at 03:54pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Another preview pic, from the bit where Lohni asks Hordak about his promise to release her father:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...Preview.md.jpg

I know it looks familiar, they reused the same stance on multiple occasions, there's only a few instances where they use a different pose for her!
    That's amazing being able to see the difference. Your animation looks crisper and sharper imho. How long did it take to animate the part that you did??
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Hopefully it should do, they were using ink and paint, and doing things in something of a rush, I'm taking my time, doing 3-4 tone shading, working at 300px 1920x1080HD, as I can afford to do so, I have no deadline to work to. I can sort out any errors that were in the original, such as lip sync, also it might not be noticeable to some, but Lohni is pretty much always drawn with wonky eyes, so I've been making sure they're on the level too.

Not long really, though it was spread out as I was doing other things as well, so in reality, only a couple hours, but spread out, it took the entire evening. Everything is being created with the shape tool, using a standard mouse, I have no drawing tablet, so things take me a lot longer to do that it would be in a professional studio, which is somewhat annoying, but I have to work with what I got!

We like.☺

Almost got a scene animated, just a few pics to do, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow, but for the moment, here's a little gif from the scene, unfortunately it's a little slow, though it demonstrates well enough:

More animation from my digital reproduction of the She-Ra episode Friendship today, it's the completion of the sequence from the above images. You may notice a little smoother animation here, among the addition of 3 tone shading, I have also corrected some anatomy issues, hope everyone likes:

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    More animation from my digital reproduction of the She-Ra episode Friendship today, it's the completion of the sequence from the above images. You may notice a little smoother animation here, among the addition of 3 tone shading, I have also corrected some anatomy issues, hope everyone likes:

https://youtu.be/Z5YsLbrmUNY
    I think you're doing awesome work Zentron and I look forward to seeing more.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Thanks, I'll be taking it a little easier for a moment, just concentrating on the still shots, though as I have done the animation for this bit, I can use the same frames for the bit where Hordak sprays the gas at Bow, just need to animate the gas.

Really hoping for a future short animated film using all those recreation sir.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Really hoping for a future short animated film using all those recreation sir.
    That could come true, though I would need help, this is taking the longest of time by myself, especially as I only have a few hours at it per night, plus I am restricted to the use of a regular cordless mouse. Also I was planning on animating a pilot episode of my own reboot She-Ra, seeing as I have done an almost complete script, some of the character designs, not posted anyone else but Adora and She-Ra and I have modified my design of her a bit (Adora same as is), but so far, Madame Razz, Glimmer are pretty much in the bag, just a few details to work out, but I have got Frosta on the back burner, Bow, Kowl (who doesn't talk btw), Queen Angela, Catra and Shadow Weaver, not started anyone else yet, not until I'm done with these first.... Lohni will be started sooner than later, as she is a part of my pilot script!