Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Zen's He-Man & She-Ra Arts

Thanks, it does get tedious at times, but the results speak for themselves!

As for what's next, I'm just going to finish off these projects as quickly as possible for now, there's so much for me to do!

However there is some good/ish news on my HDD, my brother has managed to salvage a lot of my files, but all the file names have changed to just numbers and letters, plus they're not neatly in individual files as they were before, plus they're also scattered.... and finally, not all my image or project saves are working, which is a real bummer!

Still, I am working on finding all the files to my MOTU projects, I've managed to locate dozens of working files, but it's going to take a while and I may have to reproduce some of what I already had done, which will take some time
    Demand quality.

Right, OK, so, there is some good news on the files front, whilst I am able to recover quite a sizable amount of files without issue, there's quite a lot that are not opening, however, thanks to the PSD Repair Kit, I have been able to recover files so far, minor issue is that the program needs an activation code, for as it stands, the files that are recovered using the program, the JPG layers in the file are covered in noise, which is going to make things a little tricky for the moment. Once I get the program activated, I'm hoping that the noise will no longer be there, but this is good news for the moment, I shall update when I have checked everything out!
    Demand quality.

I'm glad to see that you were able to recover a good deal of your data. If you can, I'd recommend using some sort of online backup system. That saved me the last time my computer died. Everything that was important was saved online, so recovery of data was relatively easy.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Sadly I'd need about 50 online storage sites, I have around 3TB of files
    Demand quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Sadly I'd need about 50 online storage sites, I have around 3TB of files
    I pay $100/year for 2 TB on Google Drive. You can get Unlimited back up for one computer for $60/year with Backblaze (https://www.backblaze.com/cloud-backup.html)
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

You can pick up a 1 TB plus external hard drive pretty cheap these days on Newegg. I have a 2 TB external for all my mass storage.
    "Please, don't try anything you're about to see us do at home." - Adam Savage
    "EVER!" - Jamie Hyneman

"I reject your reality and substitue my own." - Adam Savage

"Aren't tracer rounds illegal?" - Jamie Hyneman

Got my eye on a 4TB external HDD, so I can transfer my stuff and wipe the others clean, keep the current external just for my animation stuff.

That in mind, here's another glimpse into the current scene:

Tricks-Good-Idea-Preview-02.jpg
    Demand quality.

OK, so the current scene is taking a while and I got kinda bored, as each frame takes for absolutely smegging ages to complete, so I decided to take a short break from it and try my hand at another scene, the scene after She-Ra has rescued Bow and they run into Lohni in the hall. Using the elements present already within the scene, I managed to produce a 16:9 version of the hall background image and I am now starting on the frames to go over it, here is a quick incomplete preview:

Demand quality.

I love seeing the art being "polished and enhanced" in your thread.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

My thanks, I hope to have a full sequence up soon, though for now, here's a little gif so you can see how I expanded the background for this scene:

Click on image to see full size
    Demand quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    My thanks, I hope to have a full sequence up soon, though for now, here's a little gif so you can see how I expanded the background for this scene:

Click on image to see full size
    http://cdn-thumbs.imagevenue.com/b9/...ME123FFQ_t.gif
    That gif is neat.

A full sequence will be thrill to see.

Thank you.

Here's a more complete preview frame image of the sequence. It's a little tricky to complete this, as Bow walks in from out of frame at a 4:3 ratio, now he's walking in at a ratio of 16:9, so there's a lot missing that I am having to recreate, thankfully due to Filmation's recycling of animation all the time, I've managed to locate the sequence of frames I need to reproduce from other episodes.

My next issue is what to do about the bit that has Lohni spouting some dialogue, for some reason, they zoomed in on her head and put her really low down in the frame for the part that intersects Bow and She-Ra talking to Lohni... do I put it in, or do I leave it out? Most likely I'll put it in, but it does mean the sequence taking a little longer to do! Anyway, I hope you like the picture below:

Demand quality.

Well it might take long but a complete sequence most likely the right choice, and for you not to redo it by being satisfactory.

And of course we love the pic as always.

Well the intersecting Lohni sequence is almost done, only the head turn to do, I've also sorted out the lip syncing, it now follows the dialogue correctly... and because I could and it just makes things look a bit more natural, I added an eye blink that's not in the original, but you'll see that with everything else soon!
    Demand quality.

Can't wait for the final form of that sequence.

Well hopefully I can get the sequence done and up in the next week, but for now, here's a quick preview of Lohni in this scene:

I have done some minor changes to her appearance, but this is just so to keep her more on model than anything, and the background is not complete here, plus you can see the original frame poking out from just behind my reproduction.
    Last edited by Zentron; June 25, 2020 at 09:50pm.
    Demand quality.

*Phew*, the animation for the Lohni intersection sequence is done, now I just need to produce an expanded background and I can get on with the rest of Bow and She-Ra's animation!
    Demand quality.

It's not been the most productive week for me, I've been getting back from work, then ending up falling asleep and not waking up until the early hours of the morning, which is too late for me to start up my computer and get back to work, plus having to go to work a few hours after I wake, I would end up even worse off, so, back to sleep I went. However, I'm back to the job at hand and I hope that I will be finished in a couple of weeks time, though for now, a little side-by-side from the intersecting sequence, as usual on the left is the original frame and to the right, is how I have reproduced it, you'll notice some clear differences,:

Demand quality.