Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How much is SPACE an issue to you?

Pretty big issue to me. Happily I found some Hanging single carded figure cases and that is slowly eating up 1 wall and edging towards another soon. Just glad I don't go completionist on it otherwise i would be done with 2 walls and wondering what to do with the stuff on the others.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

P1040026.JPG

Space Issue for MOTU classics is resolved for now, but space is again running out...
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Space is an issue for me. I love MOTU and MOTUC, and will most likely keep getting every toy MOTUC puts out, but I don't really display the figures around the house.

My figures are in plastic containers for the time being, but I pull them out often. I sold my 200x collection (as well as a few others) awhile back anticipating these storage issues. Looks like some other collections might be on the chopping block, but that's ok, MOTUC is worth it. There's only so much toy love to go around, right?
    Well, more collections have gone on the chopping block for me due to space.

I've kinda learned a few things. Running out of space, I found out what toys/collections I really love and the ones I really like. I recently sold my Star Wars 3 3/4" collection (POTF2 to present), which I never thought I'd do. And quite a few others in the last few years. Collections/toys I'd never dream of parting with.

Quite honestly, I realized Masters of the Universe Classics is the toyline I've been waiting for since the late 80's. There are other toys I had that really liked, but didn't miss since they've just been stored away in plastic containers, and could live without. It's been freeing in a way. I've also focused more on finishing some vintage toy collections instead of grabbing the newest greatest toyline. I'm also quite nostalgic, so while a lot updated lines may look great, only MOTUC for me is powerful enough to make me feel like a kid again. I have to thank the Four Horsemen for doing such a phenomenal job with this line and bringing the magic back.

While MOTUC is definitely a challenge in terms of space, as a toy collector, I've realized Masters are tops in my toy Universe. Pun intended.

big issue....I just have one pretty small shelf and Im only displaying about a dozen of loose figures.
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

big issue at the moment
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I've kinda learned a few things. Running out of space, I found out what toys/collections I really love and the ones I really like. I recently sold my Star Wars 3 3/4" collection (POTF2 to present), which I never thought I'd do. And quite a few others in the last few years. Collections/toys I'd never dream of parting with.

Quite honestly, I realized Masters of the Universe Classics is the toyline I've been waiting for since the late 80's. There are other toys I had that really liked, but didn't miss since they've just been stored away in plastic containers, and could live without. It's been freeing in a way. I've also focused more on finishing some vintage toy collections instead of grabbing the newest greatest toyline. I'm also quite nostalgic, so while a lot updated lines may look great, only MOTUC for me is powerful enough to make me feel like a kid again. I have to thank the Four Horsemen for doing such a phenomenal job with this line and bringing the magic back.

While MOTUC is definitely a challenge in terms of space, as a toy collector, I've realized Masters are tops in my toy Universe. Pun intended.
    This happened for me as well. I've sold large GIJoe, Star Wars, DCUniverse, Marvel Universe, Xevox, Heroscape, and HeroClix collections over the last two years to clear room for MOTU (which, for me, is Classics and vintage). Like The All-American, I have also found this liberating, not just spatially and financially, but also in how it really let me dive full-time into MOTU, my childhood favorite. The entire collection means more to me now that it is the only thing I collect.

The hobby room is in a good spot now with everything else gone and many, many Zolo cases on the walls. However, I could use a second nice, glass-front display case...
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I recently added a big shelf for Grayskull that I ended up completely filling with overflow from my other shelves. Not sure how I'm going to display the castle...

Heroic Warrior
    its a very big issue for me. I have to park Castle Grayskull in the guest bedroom. It will be awkward when we actually have guests coming to stay!! Hopefully in the next couple of years when I move to a bigger house, this issue will resolve itself
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

Luckily space isn't an issue at all. I got a whole room dedicated for MOTUC. The line could go on for another 4 years before I get into trouble.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

It's starting to be a small issue for me. I have maxed out on the number of display cases I can put in my home, so will have to start consolidating and storing my vintage figures on display as MOTUC demands more space. It's a good problem to have as far as I'm concerned .
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I've actually opened up a few walls in the living room and one of the spare bedrooms right now, so my space problems have eased for the moment. But it still is an important consideration; I've passed on the new Ninja Turtle lair because I don't really have a good place for it, especially with Grayskull coming (it was basically a choice betwixt one or the other, so the castle won easily).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

i got my own "man cave" now, but i still like to keep it simply and not fill everything up with toys everywhere. So yeah space remains an issue, but not i got more of it now

My collection is showcased in the basement TV room.
    It is a finished basement with the 90's style wrap around shelf that runs along the entire wall. I have devoted a lot of space on this shelving area to my collection of loose He Man figures here but I am starting to feel like I am running out of space to display each guy and gal, especially if this goes beyond 2014.
    I am not too fond of storing these guys but I might have to pick/choose who is displayed come 2015 or so.

Heroic Warrior
    It's been an issue for me. Half of my collection is in bins and I rotate it between there and my shelf. Who knows what I'm going to do when Grayskull arrives. I have some ideas, but will not know for sure until I get a feel for how large it is.

I've just recently run into a space problem, I really need a taller, wider book shelf I think.
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015
    I really really hate BS Hordak

Heroic Warrior
    This has just become a big issue with a possible baby on the way. So I will go from a room to display to a few shelves. Already have my dc universe figures in a plastic bin under the bed and about half of the motuc line moc in boxes in the attic. Maybe in a few years a new and bigger house could solve this issue. But for now looks like less room means selling some of my other collections.

No space left.

I have an entire basement full of shelves... so I may need to take down my 12 inch SW figs that have been displayed for 12 years, but if I do I have room for another 100 or so MOTUC's so I'm OK!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

im out of room, need to move a new house

see sig.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    im out of room, need to move a new house

see sig.
    Impressive, very impressive.

I think you need to move to a mansion so you can divide your collection up and put them into separate rooms. Or you could start your own toy museum.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Massive issue right now. Over half is in storage and to be honest I'm reaching the 'trim what isn't essential' stage. Very sad but it's reality.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I'm selling everything non MOTUC relative....
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

I have no friggin idea where I'm gonna put Castle Grayskull

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I have an entire room in my house that is dedicated to my MOTUC collection (along with a few other toy lines) and space is a HUGE issue. I am already about to run out of room and have no idea where I will put Castle Grayskull!!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

MOTU Classics are just a small part of what I collect, and space is definitely at a premium. I'm a MOC collector, so to save shelf space I've taken to only displaying figures that were part of the vintage line. All the others are in their white boxes stored away in large cardboard boxes in my spare room closet. At this point, I honestly don't think I'll be able to display any more past next years offerings.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997