Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much is SPACE an issue to you?

Heroic Warrior
    I definitely do not have room for the windraider, and no way I can squeeze the 2012 sub figures in, not sure what I'm going to do!!

I sold my couch to make room for my three display cases.

I have almost no space left for my action figures. I have a ton in the attic already and Im only desplaying my MOTUC right now. My wife and I are planning an addition for the house and Im gonna have to deligate a room for just toys.
    bnl4life

I kicked my wife & kids out to make room for my MOTUC.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Big problem. My office, smallest of three bedrooms, is where I keep my MOTU collections (200X, Classics, soon vintage) but my wife keeps telling me that it's not just my office. She wants to display her Barbies and other "junk" as well, but with the rate that MOTUC is expanding I feel that I may have to start displaying in shifts and storing others....
    my wife displays her dolls in our walk in closet...and she is running out of room...

Well Im in the fortunate situation that I just started building my new house for my family. In this house there is a room thats 8*3 meters and will be filled with glass cabinets for my motu collection. I have a room like this in our current house, but smaller.

This new room will help me at least a couple of years....but one day it will be way to small......

Then maybe build a museum?

I will link pics or film when its finished
    Evil Heroic Norwegian

Space is a problem for me. I live in a small one bedroom apt. I only collect MOTU, but still. The solution that works for now, is that I just keep a small number of figures displayed and I keep the rest in a box. Then I switch every once in a while. I kinda like doing it, because I can come up with different scenes to display and it makes me feel like the collection is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by torbjorge View Post
    Well Im in the fortunate situation that I just started building my new house for my family. In this house there is a room thats 8*3 meters and will be filled with glass cabinets for my motu collection. I have a room like this in our current house, but smaller.
    This is probably the ideal scenario. Man, you are building your own house, so you can plan from the beginning. You should totally document the process. Maybe do a reality show

Heroic Warrior
    space is the main reason i don't collect every figure. i'd rather have a smaller collection that can be displayed in a relatively attractive, non-crazy way.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I rotate my display all the time. I put out figures I feel like looking at for a while, and put away the ones I'm tired of looking at. I haven't had space for everything for quite a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I kicked my wife & kids out to make room for my MOTUC.
    You MONSTER!

...you should have at least pitched them a tent in the backyard first.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

has been my problem for a while now. I sold my least favourites.

Yes, space is definitely starting to become an issue but that's mainly because of large toys like Swiftwind and the Wind Raider. If we were still on regular figures alone, space wouldn't be an issue at all. Space is really going to be an issue once Granamyr comes out!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I favor the "stick it in a box" approach.
    Same boat here. I have all of mine in tote boxes, expect for some doubles I wish to display, but yet I have no freaking room!!!

I have two extra rooms in which to spread this stuff out, so space isn't an issue at the moment. I dont' have any fancy display cases like a lot of you do, though. Half my stuff is on a bookshelf, and half is sitting in a rubbermaid bin. I'm okay with that.
    Aaron’s Top 10 (In Order):
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catra’s Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro

I have my office for my stuff, and most of it is in the walk-in closet in that room, which is not huge, but big enough..at the moment & I have Transformers in there too.

But I also have the Legends, Deluxe & Scout Transformers hanging in strips I made from vertical blinds I split in half and cut hang tabs in in the main room above my computer which I am about to swap my MOTUC in the closet for the Transformers hanging in the room, so all my MOTUC will be in the room, and Transformers will be displayed in the closet.
    Not to mention I have a storage cabinet in the room as well I can put more stuff in...so at the moment I am good, but like I said all I collect are Transformers & MOTUC at the moment, I have 2 of the Ghostbusters and I do plan on getting a few Thundercats.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 28, 2011 at 01:59pm.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I just built a large shop to put all my toys in. I understand this is not the solution for most, but 2/3 of my home was taken over by boxes and boxes of toys, so this was the next logical step for me. Good luck on your concerns. I hate having toys boxed up and I have had some put away for 10 years.

If I didn't have a 2 year old, and had more shelves I would turn 3/4 of my office into a display room, but at the moment I don't have enough to fill my room yet...I am not a completionist, and I only collect what I like from any given line...so I do have time yet before space becomes an issue.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Space is an issue for me. I love MOTU and MOTUC, and will most likely keep getting every toy MOTUC puts out, but I don't really display the figures around the house.

My figures are in plastic containers for the time being, but I pull them out often. I sold my 200x collection (as well as a few others) awhile back anticipating these storage issues. Looks like some other collections might be on the chopping block, but that's ok, MOTUC is worth it. There's only so much toy love to go around, right?

Space has been an issue for me at times. I have learned however to build up as high as possible and use every bit of space usable.
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Yes... space is a bit of an issue.

Like a lot of you, 99% of my figs are currently in plastic totes, and I'm actually fine with that. But even with those, there's still only so much room.
    Odd Man Out

I am one of the fortunate ones who has a house with the kids grown and gone. I have a good sized bedroom with nothing but toy shelves that is mine and mine alone. I plan to eventually build a scale size Grayskull and Snake Mountain as diorama doors to cover the shelves.......just need the time and materials!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Court Magician
    Space is totally an issue for me. That's why I'm very selective about what I buy anymore. Moving makes it such a hassle to have stuff.
    Tell me about the loneliness of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

I must possess all, or I possess nothing!

My space isn't really a problem. I hate to see so many people putting their MOTU goodies in storage. Especially loose collector's as I believe it takes up less space not being a MOC collector. I've got a 12x10 room dedicated just to MOTU. It's 85%-90% full. But, this includes my entire vintage MOC collection,200x MOC collection & of course Classics MOC collection. I love that people have them in their great rooms. My wife wouldn't have that & I guess I wouldn't want that either w/ 3 small children running around. Enjoy your SPACE everyone whatever it might be.

A Defender of Grayskull
    I'm lucky to say that I have a room in my home that's dedicated to everything MOTU. From vintage to 200X to MOTUC. I think I have enough room as the current line grows but if things start getting tight the 200X stuff is heading for ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by coolapex View Post
    I'm lucky to say that I have a room in my home that's dedicated to everything MOTU. From vintage to 200X to MOTUC. I think I have enough room as the current line grows but if things start getting tight the 200X stuff is heading for ebay.
    I could not part w/ any of my MOTU goods. Don't ebay them. Store them until more room is available coolapex. My Stactions take up tons of room. But, they're probably the best looking figures(statues) in any MOTU collection.