Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much is SPACE an issue to you?

Heroic Warrior
    No problem here, got a room for MOTUC/ action figures...

I used to have an office with all of my toys displayed. When my son was born I packed up all of my toys and gave him that room. All of my stuff is now packed away neatly in totes. I keep my MOTUC figures in plastic tote drawers, but I'm running out of room for those. I might have to downsize my collection in the near future.

Widget
    I currently have no displays up. All of my figures are in storage bins under our bed and I'm just about out of room. I'm going to have to start storing them under my son's bed soon. We live in a four bedroom house and my kids are all teenagers now, so the day will soon come when I have my own toy room. Honestly though, I'd rather keep the kids and the storage bins. Not having a display really hasn't prevented me from enjoying the figures. When I want to see them (which is usually a couple of times a week), I just pull the bins out and go through them.

Space is becoming an issue for me, too. I almost caved and bought the Wind Raider on impulse, but I honestly have no clue where I would've put it, so I passed. I imagine it'll only get worse the more vehicles/beasts they crank out.

I sometimes look at my MOTUC display and think..."Okay, so...come next year, where the heck am I gonna fit (insert character name here)???"

Heroic Warrior
    Space was the main reason I didn't get a Wind Raider. I live in NYC, so space is always a premium. I even just re-did my MOTU display, almost doubling its size, and I'm still going to run out of space this year.

Running out of Space here too
    This is the first problem for all collectors around the world...
    I keep most of my motuc into plastic boxes and sometimes I display some of them on my shelves .....but I don't care I keep going to buy all motuc they make

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzOff1981 View Post
    I'm a completist in some rights, but I will have to make some difficult decisions this year when it comes time for any other large-scale beasts. I am just truly out of room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Yes, space is definitely starting to become an issue but that's mainly because of large toys like Swiftwind and the Wind Raider. If we were still on regular figures alone, space wouldn't be an issue at all. Space is really going to be an issue once Granamyr comes out!
    I hear ya. Granamyr worries me. Compared to the size of Swift Wind, Battle Cat and the Shadow Beast for $30, I could probably squeeze him in in "$60-size", but the $80 price tag makes me and my limited space nervous...

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    As for beasts & over-sized figures, i actually wouldn't mind if they cut back on these. The ones we have now are sweet but one a year from here on end would be enough for me.
    I wonder if Mattel themselves have discussed this. Beast-wise, I can't imagine many of the remaining lot would be hot sellers. Stridor's a given, as is Night Stalker and some multi-packs (Horde Troopers, Snake Men army builders) I doubt the likes of King Grayskull's cat...and even Clawdeen and the remaining horses from POP...and any remaining giants? Much as I'd like to see them, I'm not sure it's worth Mattel's time of day...

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    I just purchased 4 more shelves the other day and I plan on getting 4 more. My entire office will soon have shelves on the walls and I am hoping that will cover everything that is to be released.
    Man, I'd love an office like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I kicked my wife & kids out to make room for my MOTUC.
    This is like one of those headlines you hear on Jeremy Kyle! *cue boos from the audience* (for anyone not in the UK, think Jerry Springer on a really bad day!)
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I had a spare room just dedicated to motu, cabinets, shelves, the lot, my wife wanted another child so my room is gone. Everything is in the garage now, still have the big cabinet for the loose figs which is cool but miss all of my carded figs.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    A huge issue for me lately - I have all my MOTUC in my bedroom!

Loose figures are in a glass wall until with my Star Wars stuff - but there is no more room in the inn!

My MOC collection is in my clothes wardrobes - along with larger items - Swifty, AT-AT, Rancor Monster, Tranformers and my MOTUC variants.

I have 3 shelves dedicated to DCUC - but the majoroty I have since stuck in a large plastic box - along with my new Thundercats (pants I'm afraid!)

So, God knows where I'm going to stick my BG Evil-Lyns, Demo-Men, Viggo let alone the Wind Raider

And to think 3 years ago I streamlined my bedroom and went for the minimalist look and now all the "clutter" is back

I really hope Mattel slims down the oversize beasts for 2013 t0 maybe 1-2.

Display space is becoming a serious issue. I have no idea what I am going to do with the Windraider when it arrives.

I have a dedicated display room at my place but that is filled with Transformers with very little room for anything else. The MOTUC shelf is in the living room and that is becoming really full.

I have no idea what I am going to do with like 32 GI Joe Classic figures on their way...

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    Space for my loose figures isn't much of a concern for me right now, I still have a shelf or two I could use. The MOC figures however are another story, I hook mine on to the wall and well, there's only so much wall you can use in one room, my bedroom, as I still live with my Mum.

I'm going to try and reshuffle my furniture in the next week or so to see if I can free up even a little bit more space.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    How much is SPACE an issue to you?
    None since I cracked the code sequence for the Pym Particle...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    What? I thought you were a big NA proponent? How can you then hide these characters away?
    I AM an NA fan.

But I can't display everyone all at once in my 5 foot space. That's why I've elected to go with themes when I get enough characters.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

The space issue will become an issue probably in March or April. It's basically going to affect whether or not things like Granamyr or vehicles with wing spans like the Wind Raider become a part of my collection in the future. I'm always going to want the figures more than the other stuff, so future vehicles and beasts will be the first ones to either get passed over on sale day, or the current ones I own will get stored away or sold off to make room for new stuff. If playsets become a reality, right now I have room for at least 2. But certainly no more than that.

I had to divide my MOTUC area in two; POP and Horde are now with my vintage Crystal Castle in a different display and the rest are still on one of the shelves in my walk-in closet.

I have no idea how I'm going to fit the Wind Raider in there...

It's going to be tough finding a place for Granamyr that isn't the floor.
    Where's the rest of the Vintage New Adventures?
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Hoove, Chef Allen, Catra variants, Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker, Shecky

Overall space is not so much an issue to me, but often times my MOTUC display space is an issue. I do not want things to look overly crowded and I like to have individuals and factions displayed just so, so I have to reconfigure quite a bit. I always try to stay at least a year ahead of the game when it comes to overall space so I think I am good until at least this time next year. The Evil Warriors section is currently the most crowded and the griffon could be a challenge to get to fit in just right.

I guess it is a good problem to have considering all of the great stuff we are getting.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I'm simply running out of space for my collection...
    I think as toy collectors, we're always going to be running into this. Just like what toys to sell/not sell. The more you get, the less space you have. Especially with these MOTUC larger figures/beasts/vehicles.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Space is an issue for me. I have a lot of storage space in my house, but my collecting is taking its toll on that space. I have most everything from the vintage and 200X lines. I also have 3 of each of the MOTUC's items released to date (minus the SDCC variants of King Grayskull). I open one of each MOTUC's item and am attempting to keep 2 MOC for now. Some day I hope to pass along a set of MOTUC's to a future child. Having them loose will really improve the spacing issue, but it will be several years before I'm able to pass them along. I may need to rent a storage garage in the meantime

I would rather live like a "hoarder" than reduce my level of collecting this amazing MOTUC's line!! Keep them coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I had a spare room just dedicated to motu, cabinets, shelves, the lot, my wife wanted another child so my room is gone.
    ...of all the selfish decisions to make....!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    None since I cracked the code sequence for the Pym Particle...
    This made me lol. Share the love, BJH! Actually, everything in that last sentence is the complete antithesis of what you're about, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    I think as toy collectors, we're always going to be running into this.
    I guess this is where I'm lucky - I only collect MOTUC now. I sold my vintage collections years ago to pay off some debts and starting again would probably kill me. I feel for toy collectors who have passions for more than one brand - I like Thundercats and X-Men, for example, but not enough to become a collector of them.

Someone needs to start an international franchise of real-life Grayskull Museums, so we can all stop by whenever we feel like it!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    This made me lol. Share the love, BJH! Actually, everything in that last sentence is the complete antithesis of what you're about, ain't it?
    True. I prefer to share the pain! That's where my true strength lies and where I am more comfortable...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm lucky in that I have one child and a three bedroom house; that said, we are making plans to build a whole 25' wall of book shelves in our very large living room (35' x 25') for both our toys and books to make an office in the extra bed room. I typically rotate the old out with the new in my 'extra' room. I am sure I will still have to do the same once we finish the living room.

for now space is not an issue for me... but it is comming if I am not careful.

Because of this, I've cut way back on what I get, and try to only get things when I know I have space.

I see in the future having to store things. That will be a pain and render the collection sorta pointless. I hate when I know friends and people who have great collections they never have anything near enough room to showcase. So unless they are going to sell it all, why even have it?

Of course I am rapidly approaching this too, so again, I do what I can to stave it off. Being broke lately has helped immensly.

Edit: I'll always make room for MOTU

Space is the biggest issue I have. I don’t live in a mansion nor have a huge room devoted to the Classics line or anything else. This is why I am a proud Cherry Picker. See, we do have our reasons.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i really want to see this line to the very end & have all characters worthy of being motuc figures even the obscure apart of my collection. big problem is space.
    already i have all my 200x figures raped in bubble rap & put into a box. now i've placed my individual figures in zip bags & neatly placed in a large box along with the accessories.
    one day i would like to find a glass display or another book shelf.

I share a room with my brother, so space is definitely a problem. MOTUC takes up two shelves, and I've added steps on both to increase the amount I can display. With my Xmas toys (Man-e-Faces, Mossman, and Marlena) that extra space is already gone.

Even when I do have my own place (soon I hope) I want to keep the display manageable. I like the look of a large collection, but if there is too much it's hard to appreciate it. I think I would keep MOTUC to 3-4 shelves.