Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: How much is SPACE an issue to you?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    I ended up selling all my MOC and keeping all lose figures, I ended up using just a quarter of the space I needed for my MOC collection. The only two figures I keep MOC are Bronze King Grayskull and SDCC King Grayskull.
    I'm with Kelvee. Sell the MOC - if you're not achieving the "toy store" look anyway then they're just a waste of space and money tied up in it.

On the other front, if your more ashamed than proud of your collection and want that part of your life hidden away then you need to just move them on anyway. On a personal note I've found that MOTU statues are much more palatable to the family and I've sold off my MOC figures (not my complete loose collection though lol) and bought all of the PCS 1/5 statue line for MOTU. Its quite compact at only 8 characters, but its nice to have at least one of my interests out on show

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Ok I have my MIB, was in my and my wife's bedroom, which if some one visited and did not like them oh well. My kids and wife excepted my need for this awesome collection. We ended up moving our room was not as big so my collection could not fit, so I converted my third story attic into my personal show room. I do not show them very much especially since some one stole five of my figures plus 3 sanction statues. I feel like Golem my precious, instead of a ring it's every thing in classics as a whole.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

@ramdad that is quite a nice story unfortunately with measly 27 characters mostly MOC compared to yours, i am already having a space problem so I can imagine your current predicament. I guess a customize wall racks or tweaked out wine case are a few solution to those we really don't have a toy room.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I don't even know how many figs I have, but it's a lot. I have limited display space. Basically my wife confines mine to the top of my dresser (she doesn't even like them there, but oh well). So most of mine are poly bagged in plastic bins and I try and rotate them out every couple of months. I also take 1 to work with me and it will sit on my desk for a week or two before I swap it out with a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by gaidin View Post
    On the other front, if your more ashamed than proud of your collection and want that part of your life hidden away then you need to just move them on anyway
    Ashamed is a super interesting word. I'd say to the right audience, I'm super proud of my MOTU. But I also know there are a lot of people who won't react positively to it. And while personally I might think "well, that's not a person I need to invite to my house anyway" - they quite often are people that are important to my family, and I want to respect that.

My oldest is getting to an age where he's (sadly for me) moving past toys a bit. In many ways he's always been more into sports - which is great for him. But I know he'd feel a bit awkward about inviting all his hockey buddies over and walking past a small subterranean branch of Toyworld (little Australian 80s reference there for you). And I think this is leading me inexorably to my conclusion: there's a big difference between "Muggins" (if I can pervert the term) walking past 2-3 figures on a shelf and saying "Oh, is that He-man? That's kinda cool", and a scene from hoarders (which I do appreciate is not far from where I'm at).

And perhaps that's the Venn intersection of both my storage and my need to enjoy these guys. It's cool to see that pattern of "I have a small number out, and the rest are packed somewhere" show up in so many of the comments above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikerobertschamp View Post
    Ok I have my MIB, was in my and my wife's bedroom, which if some one visited and did not like them oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedpsyche View Post
    Basically my wife confines mine to the top of my dresser (she doesn't even like them there, but oh well).
    Can I just say you guys are my heroes? It's always been an unspoken truth to me that it won't just be the toys that are removed from my bedroom if I tried to set any up in there.

Quote Originally Posted by ramdad View Post
    Can I just say you guys are my heroes? It's always been an unspoken truth to me that it won't just be the toys that are removed from my bedroom if I tried to set any up in there.
    I'll admit it can be a risky strategy to have them displayed in such a manner. My wife and I did have an argument one day and most of the dresser top display did get thrown down the stairs at me. Only my Spirit of Grayskull took minor damage to his shield. These things are tougher than they look.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedpsyche View Post
    I'll admit it can be a risky strategy to have them displayed in such a manner. My wife and I did have an argument one day and most of the dresser top display did get thrown down the stairs at me. Only my Spirit of Grayskull took minor damage to his shield. These things are tougher than they look.
    Death by MOTUC....best way to go ever!

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Death by MOTUC....best way to go ever!
    Yeah, but I woulda been ****** if they got busted.

Space is a big issue. I collect both MOC and loose. My MOC collection has always ben in storage. I had a decent loose display set up a while back but I had to put them in storage to do some renos. I haven't gotten them back out yet because I haven't decided where to set up. I think it is time to sell off some of the figs and get the ones I truly love back out on display. I love my MOTU collection and I wish I could buy a separate house just for the collection

Anyway, it is still a work in progress but I am looking forward to getting them back out.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

I still have a little room for growth left...

Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    Wakko that's a fantastic room! Definitely still some room for growth!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

For me it is... i need another 5 self bookcase. I just got a sweet deal on King RANDOR!!! who i found at ThinkGeek at the mall for $39 bucks. And there was THREE of him there along with Captain Marlena. Found Rotar & Twistoid there too. Man i blew $200 dollars that day. But yes space is a issue if you have a small room that you sleep in...

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4668/...403779e8_h.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Wakko that's a fantastic room! Definitely still some room for growth!
    Yeah Wakko, that room is spectacular!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    My figures are overtaking my house. I’ve got all my old childhood vintage figures playsets and vehicles from MASK, MOTU, POP, secret wars, super powers, playmates Star Trek 5” 6” 9 inch figures/12”’resin statues and all the ships ds9 innerspace figures etc, Star Wars, Dukes of Hazzard, spiderman animated series, old coleco entertainment system, Batman animated series, legends of Batman figures, Batman returns figures and batmissile batmobile

Then I have all the modern stuff—DCUC, Marvel Legends, Filmation, Funko 3.75” 66 Batman, Mattel 6” 1966 Batman, DST Star Trek figures and ships

Right now in process of figuring out the best way to display everything in an efficient manner. Plus i kept my late father’s extensive porcelain animal figure collection which is just as massive
    Last edited by degra; April 20, 2018 at 02:43am.

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Space?? I don't even wanna talk about space.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Space issues are a concern for me in terms of being to display every figure I own, but as MOTUC is one of my higher priority collections for display I made sure I have plenty of room for them. I just hung 5 shelves that are 72 inches wide and 11 inches deep to accommodate my Classics figures. So far that's plenty of room but as I get further along with all of my planned customs, I'm sure it will start to get a little more cramped...

Also, Wakko, that room looks outstanding. What a great set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4668/...403779e8_h.jpg
    Space is an issue for me right now but I am working towards having a space like this. For me it's not just about the toys, I love the idea of a cave where I can spread out and enjoy, not just have an army on a shelf or in a glass case. I collect a lot of stuff from MOTUC to Transformers, but I am hitting a limit, LOL. I would say if you aren't angling towards a separate space like this then I can see where space is a huge challenge for many of us. It's not always realistic goal, but it's important enough to me to make a plan for more space. Does that make sense?
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

I have about 15 carded figures hanging on the walls in my game room. (I don't really have room for any more since I also have carded figures from other lines hanging on the walls.) I ran out of wall space several years ago. I have about 60 loose figures. Some are on display standing around my Castle Grayskull on a coffee table, while others are standing on a set of shelves along with the Battle Ram and Nightstalker. When I get a new figure I usually open it because I simply don't have any more room for carded figures and I don't like the idea of storing them out of sight. (Of course, I also have very little room left for opened figures.) I have a small box that I keep loose figures in that are not on display and I sometimes switch figures in the box with those on display. (All of my carded figures are on display and most of my loose figures are on display.)

Before I ran out of wall-space, I would usually leave a figure in the package if I liked the way it looked in the package. Now, if I want to keep a new MOTUC figure in the package, I have to take an older figure off the wall and open it as I only have so much wall space and I don't have any more of those protective MOTUC clam-shells left. I'm actually kind of glad that it takes Super 7 so long to get a set of figures released because, at this point, I'm having to move stuff around and sometimes get rid of things when a new set of figures comes in. (I don't even collect Club Grayskull figures; I only collect Collector's Choice and some of the Ultimates.)

From problematic space to zero space.
    I hate my current toy status, my toys don't deserve this and it may take a while to see any improvement, whatever small funds available are to be used as fund for the missing CG I hoping to acquire.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; April 22, 2018 at 11:23am.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I am feeling the space thing. I have a nearly-complete vintage collection of MOTU and POP and a complete MOTUC collection. I am considering selling off some of the MOTUCs I don't have warm fuzzies for and giving up on being a completist. It's a hard decision to make...I don't want to regret it later, but there are some figures that I honestly don't connect with and I don't have the room to display what I want.

@Salamandra, I felt sad knowing that someone's collection (being able to complete a collection is not an easy feat especially anything motu) is to be broken down because of a display place issue.
    Hope you can sort it out.

Seriously. I feel like there should be some kind of MOC toy vault, to preserve these great lines through history! Congrats on your complete collections

I'm a MOC collector. I've got about 25 displayed in my office and the rest is in my basement. I think they are in around 25 boxes. And I'm still not finished with the collection. It's nuts. lol
    Help me finish my MOTU Classics collection:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...gure-Want-List

I haave a 99% complete MOTUC collection (with all the Club Grayskull and Thundercats stuff) among other lines, and almost all of it is in plastic tubs in my loft, as I zero display space (I live in an extremely small house in London).

Some days it feel like a waste to have them all up there and think maybe I should just sell up and use the money to help me move, but I am clinging onto the hope that one day I will have a place to proudly display them.

Wakko your room continues to be the gold standard to me - that's very much how I'd like to display mine, lined up with each having their own space to breathe where you can see each figure clearly. Beautiful. I'd just have my Marvel Legends where your DC collection is haha.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Space is part of the reason I just stopped collecting. Too many figures. I had some shelves 5 rows deep with 7 figures each. Most of those figures I couldn't even see. Moving from 18 shelves down to 2 is a huge relief.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,