Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So my wife asked me, why do you need the new one they are the same:

yes, except the new one is larger, has better paint apps, more sculpted details and it has a flight stand. Also the hatch on the side of the raider that opens up and you can see some of the stuff inside...

I bet she'll be able to find minuscule differences in two similar things that she likes...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Well, next time she asks you if you like her new hair cut just say "looks just like your last one. I can't tell the difference." And then see how she likes it.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Warrior
    My girl asked me what the difference was between the two He-Man and Skeletor figures (the regular Matty ones and the TRU ones). When I pointed to the paint differences, she asked, "Why are these worth having? They practically look the same."

Then she asked the same about the TRU Zodac in comparison to his original release.

Honestly, in this case, she makes sense.

Your wife, however, does not make sense in this case.

Shameful.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That gave me such a good laugh
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

This is kind of like the way women have like 40 pairs of shoes and 10 purses. To us, a lot of them look virtually the same, but to a woman, they are all very unique and this pair goes with that outfit, etc, etc...
    Odd Man Out

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Do these look the same to you:
    Ask her that about...

Then ask her why she needs 37 pair of black high-heeled shoes.

THEN tell her if she doesn't know the password, to get the hell out of your tree-fort!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

So, who's drawing up the divorce papers?
    Last edited by Uki; December 29, 2011 at 12:01am.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    So, whose drawing up the divorce papers?
    If a woman is so petty that she's busting my chops about a $40-$60/ monthly hobby, I'd never have married her to begin with.

If she's really irritated by that, there are FAR more concerning factors at work!
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Ask her that about...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vSlAD7WBCp...a-lipstick.jpg

THEN tell her if she doesn't know the password, to get the hell out of your tree-fort!
    Excellent. Touché!

If a woman is so petty that she's busting my chops about a $40-$60/ monthly hobby, I'd never have married her to begin with.

If she's really irritated by that, there are FAR more concerning factors at work!
    Can you believe that there is such good & free advice?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Can you believe that there is such good & free advice?
    I've dated exactly ONE woman that had a problem with my collecting. Turns out is was a control thing...glad I got out!

If she doesn't accept me for me, bodybuilding-toy-collecting-comic-book-reading dude with a great job that works his tail off, well...there are over 3 billion women on the planet. I'll move on to the next one!

My wife just leaves it alone. She knows what it means to me and the passion involved w/ it. Se doesn't ask 20 questions or complain about it. Even if she doesn't understand it she SUPPORTS it. I'm very grateful for that.

I've dated exactly ONE woman that had a problem with my collecting. Turns out is was a control thing...glad I got out!

If she doesn't accept me for me, bodybuilding-toy-collecting-comic-book-reading dude with a great job that works his tail off, well...there are over 3 billion women on the planet. I'll move on to the next one!
    Dewd, I heartily agree.

My wife is really cool about it-she knows it means a lot to me and she actually opens every figure herself...like John Hammond with the eggs. We've been behind lately with the holiday season and Baby on the way, though. BP She-Ra is still trapped!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior

Totally agree! It's okay that women aren't into our hobbies, but they should accept it and at least leave us alone with it.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    My wife just leaves it alone. She knows what it means to me and the passion involved w/ it. Se doesn't ask 20 questions or complain about it. Even if she doesn't understand it she SUPPORTS it. I'm very grateful for that.
    Same here. I know my wife doesn't get it...at all...but she has not made one derogatory comment or ever questioned the money I've spent. I've found that as long as you have your priorities straight and you're taking care of business on the home front, most women are pretty accepting of your eccentricites.

In all fairness to He-Bro though, I think he was just making a joke about how his wife doesn't appreciate the difference between between the two Wind Raiders and wasn't trying to insinuate that she's difficult or unsupportive.

My wife gets annoyed with the quantity of it all - "Another one?"... Im running out of space. I had to put Swift Wind in the garage cupboard unopened... he's too big!
    I try my damndest to store them outta her sight though LOL (except the top two shelves of the bookshelf in my office/spare bedroom )
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Ask her that about...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vSlAD7WBCp...a-lipstick.jpg

Excellent advice right there! Woe to the person that calls this man Little County.
    Go Home And Be A Family He-Man!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Yep, they are the same, so please, you can send me the bigger one, obviously it takes too much space in your room!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Ask her that about...
    Can't..stop...laughing @ the lipsticks.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Never had a problem with girls taking a shot at my figure collections. Granted I am not married and never will be but I have been in a few somewhat long relationships and none of them had a problem with it. I am currently single and I bring new girls over all the time and when they see I have two entire rooms dedicated to figure displays they get freaked out and think it is cool that I have such a passion for it. The only girls that have a problem with it are my friends girlfriends because they don't want me to corrupt my friends into doing the same thing.
    One purple turd deserves another.

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Well, next time she asks you if you like her new hair cut just say "looks just like your last one. I can't tell the difference." And then see how she likes it.
    That is a smart answer....but actually saying it would NOT be smart!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Disguise View Post
    Excellent advice right there! Woe to the person that calls this man Little County.
    Hey, it's all relative. There are plenty that make this Big Country look like Monaco!