Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am holding Mattel accountable.

I am holding Mattel accountable.

Since Novenmber 21st, I have sent two emails and made four phone calls to Digital River regarding the replacement of my two defective Swift Wind figures, and so far all I keep hearing is someone will contact me within 48-72 hours, which of course they never do.

On December 15th, I paid $130 for three Wind Raiders and look what arrived yesterday. (see pics below). I cobbled together ONE good one out of THREE.
    This is absolutely unacceptable. Scott, if you're reading this, Mattel owes me two Swift Winds and now two Wind Raiders, and if I don't get them, I'm taking legal action. Yes, you read it correctly. I am tired of being ignored by your company, and your affiliate. I will have a defect free product or my money returned, one way or the other.

I have never been treated with such total disregard and disrespect by ANY company in my entire life, and I will not tolerate it.

Wind Raider #1 with NO GRAPPLING HOOK, CHIPPED DECALS ON BOTH SIDES.

Wind Raider #2 with CHIPPED DECALS, MELT MARKS, GLOPPY PAINT
    SKELETORTILLA...It's taco night at Snake Mountain!

My Wind Raider is still stuck in New Jersey and seeing this post is making me a nervous wreck that it'll look like garbage when it gets here.

Have you called Mattel for replacements yet?
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

I hear ya. I e-mailed them in regards to the 'winds back in the week of Thanksgiving and last message I got was the 30th of November. Last week I called the CC and disputed the charge. I figured the company got ahold of Matty/DR because Monday I got the notice to arrange for a pick. Since I'm working this week and our mail people are gone due to holiday I was going to do it next week when they come back. Yesterday I got a letter from the CC and they actually credited me the full amount of the November sub order. Despite have jacked Swiftwinds, I'm not taking the chance of sending them back only to have them stiff me on the replacement since I already got credited the money for them and then some. I wish you luck with dealing with those fools.
    Toy Guru is not what is "best for business".

Be careful what you wish for - it might come true, for the face of death wears the mask of the King of Mercy.

He-Man Forum Feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=177953

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    My Wind Raider is still stuck in New Jersey and seeing this post is making me a nervous wreck that it'll look like garbage when it gets here.

Have you called Mattel for replacements yet?
    Honestly, I don't know what to do...I've already contacted them SIX TIMES about the Swift Wind issue. I assume if I call them again they're just going to dismiss me as some pain-in-the-neck customer and accuse me of being the problem, as they've done with others.
    I'm waiting to hear back from an attorney who deals in e-commerce problems.
    I'm through playing around.

Are you calling the corporate number for the escalations department? I got nowhere for weeks with the 1-800 # and email but got immediate action by calling the corporate number and having a quick, polite conversation there. (of course when my 2 replacement Swiftys arrived, only one of them had the correct legs).

I think they may only have one guy working the returns department because it sounded like the same guy all three times I've called escalations over the last 4 months.

Have you tried Dynamo's instructions?

Here's IMO the best approach to take (and anyone else having this problem should do the same, regardless of whether they are awaiting a reply or it's their first time calling about this issue).

DO NOT use the toll free number on the Matty website. It's a huge waste of time. My Swiftwind was correct, so I didn't need a replacement for him, but I've had past issues with Matty Collector, and this method actually works:

Follow these instructions:

-Have your order number ready to go.

-Call 952-253-1234. This is Digital River's main/corporate number. They are only there Monday-Friday (at least the department that you want to speak with is), and I forget exactly when they open and close, but it's pretty much regular day time hours. They are closed by sometime in the early evening, BUT these are the people that can help you.

-When you get to the main phone menu, Press Zero to get to the operator, and ask to speak with the Escelation Department. The semantics of this are very important. DO NOT press 1 (or whatever number option it is) to speak with the "customer service" department... you will just end up talking to the same worthless department that you get to when you dial the toll free number. Also, DO NOT ask the operator for the "customer service" department, because there's a good chance that they'll send you to the same useless department at the toll free number.

The Escelation Department are the people who can actually help you. They are what the Customer Service department should be in the first place. These are the people who the tickets are supposed to be forwarded to and who are supposed to be calling you back within "72 hours" or whatever, but for some reason there always seems to be this extreme communication breakdown between the useless customer service department and these people. But once you get through to them, they can actually help! They are the ones who can actually generate the replacement orders in the system to ship out, and things of that nature.

Court Magician Sentinelgrayskull's Avatar
    Please provide the escalation number and corporate. I got my 3 subscriptions shorted for November and still nothing. The blatant disregard has to stop. I love the figures but the process I need to get what I paid for is killing me.

I had emailed 6 times about replacing my defective BP She-Ra.

Each time I would get a response about how they were waiting to hear from the warehouse and how I needed to wait for them to finish processing the Black Friday orders. Meanwhile I had already RECEIVED my Black Friday order.

I finally emailed threatening to contact the Better Business Bureau. I had actually filed a claim in 2009 when they inexplicably cancelled my Subscription and no one would return my emails or phone calls.

It worked in 2009, even though it was a long drawn-out process.

When She-Ra 1.0 was released in 2010, I sent pics of how damaged she was (dirt, broken 2nd head, black paint smears, etc). They immediately issued a replacement.

When BP She-Ra arrived, the inquiry process was different. I was passed to a different rep with each email. It wasn't until I emailed the reps back and copied the contact email of the person who helped me in 2010, that I received an answer. And that was only because I threatened to file a claim with the BBB by 4pm the next day.

They were able to create the order immediately. Well, after trying to acquire my credit card info AND security code.

I called them out on that, mentioning that I was aware if their internal security problems. I also questioned why a free replacement required my credit card. I immediately received an apology from a manager. The order was shipped the next day.

I take the elevation of difficulty in receiving a replacement as a directive from Mattel. Digital River wouldn't change the way it handled a replacement unless instructed to do so by the hiring company.

Mattel is going to kill Mattycollector and alienate its most loyal customers by continuing to not only ignore bad customer service, but also by allowing a further decline of quality control

All this makes collecting Mattel products rather stressful.
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Destroyer of Tough Stains Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yeah, try the escelation department rather than the 800 # from the site:

The number is 952-253-1234. When you get to the menu, press 0. An operator should answer, asking how to direct your call. You will want to ask for the "Escelation Department". They are only open Monday - Friday.

I am shocked at how Mattel by their own incompetent actions and super poor customer service have managed to scorn one of their most avid supporters.

I have to admit, the paint apps on these toys are getting horrendous. I'm frightened to find out the truth of the production facility and workers making these.

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    I have to admit, the paint apps on these toys are getting horrendous. I'm frightened to find out the truth of the production facility and workers making these.
    Here is a report on the Hasbro factory:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/...-transformers/

It would not surprise me if Mattel has similar conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    I'm waiting to hear back from an attorney who deals in e-commerce problems.
    I'm through playing around.
    It's be great if you can share the advice you receive. We should have a LEGAL MATTERS thread, or somesuch.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

*reads first post*

Wow...this situation is really escalating, isn't it? Folks are getting royally peeved Mattel. Fix something!

The condition your Wind Raiders came is to TOTALLY unacceptable!

The 2 times I've had to deal with Digital River for replacements, it went smoothly. But I think I just got lucky. I really hope that all these issues people are having can be solved.

Please do share what you learn from your legal adviser. Legal action needs to happen because if people are being charged for products that they never got then that is fraud.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am shocked at how Mattel by their own incompetent actions and super poor customer service have managed to scorn one of their most avid supporters.
    This is a "bootleg" Mattel.

Mattel's rating with the Better Business Bureau

Here is a link to Mattel's review and current status from the Better Business Bureau. I think their "F" rating and the number of unresolved complaints speak for themselves. I was totally blown away by this...

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...do-CA-92001694

At this point, contacting the BBB seems pointless, as it's obvious Mattel does not care about their rating. I also checked Hasbro's rating...it's A+

Small claims court may be my only option, but may not be worth the expense.
    Last edited by Skeletortilla; December 29, 2011 at 02:49pm.

Here is a link to Mattel's review and current status from the Better Business Bureau. I think their "F" rating and the number of unresolved complaints speak for themselves. I was totally blown away by this...

At this point, contacting the BBB seems pointless, as it's obvious Mattel does not care about their rating.

I can almost guarantee that small claims court will not be worth the cost. You'd have better luck either getting replacements from Mattel or spending money on more Wind Raiders. Both of those options would sadly be less expensive than small claims court.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Destroyer of Tough Stains Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

At this point, contacting the BBB seems pointless, as it's obvious Mattel does not care about their rating.

Have you tried calling the number that I posted earlier (which Tallstar also posted via quoting a post of mine from another thread)? The 800 number from the Matty site is pretty much useless. By using the number that I posted and following the instructions, you should be able to get to someone who can help you.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Here is a link to Mattel's review and current status from the Better Business Bureau. I think their "F" rating and the number of unresolved complaints speak for themselves. I was totally blown away by this. At this point, contacting the BBB seems pointless, as it's obvious Mattel does not care about their rating. I also checked Hasbro's rating...it's A+.
    This does not surprise me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Have you tried calling the number that I posted earlier (which Tallstar also posted via quoting a post of mine from another thread)? The 800 number from the Matty site is pretty much useless. By using the number that I posted and following the instructions, you should be able to get to someone who can help you.
    Yes, and thank you for providing it!...still waiting to hear back from someone. I did not have a ticket number when I called.

This is what's wrong with the fandom, absolute madness. Your issues with that are so minor it's becoming trivial. Come on, those TINY scratches? If you didn't want to pay the price for the wind raider you could have waited. I'm confident it will be on sale sometime in the future. If something is ACTUALLY broken, then yes, wait it out with Digital River. These companies are not in the business of quickly sending replacements, so patience might be your newest lesson with this one. Come on guys, these threads get worse and worse.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh man, this is bad. An "F" rating? OMG!!! I guess I'm not going to be getting a Swiftwind replacement. I sent two emails already, and thought that should do the trick. I'll have to try the escalation department directly, as this is where they said they sent my complain to.

Also, I live in New Zealand and STILL haven't received any of my Black Friday/Cyber Monday figures! I ordered a ton of figures from the sale and I'm worried about the quality now, as everything else I have bought has been off the secondary market.

Really worried about my Wind Raider now too. I placed my order at the same time as Demo-Man, and it still hasn't shipped... wondering if it ever will now.

Go to the Matty forum and post on the fan feedback forum.
    There is a Mattel Rep on there, forgot his name, I think it's like EvilSkeletor or something.
    Anyway I was having a huge problem with DR, I posted on that board, and he got it resolved in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by victoryleo19 View Post
    This is what's wrong with the fandom, absolute madness. Your issues with that are so minor it's becoming trivial. Come on, those TINY scratches? If you didn't want to pay the price for the wind raider you could have waited. I'm confident it will be on sale sometime in the future. If something is ACTUALLY broken, then yes, wait it out with Digital River. These companies are not in the business of quickly sending replacements, so patience might be your newest lesson with this one. Come on guys, these threads get worse and worse.
    Those "tiny scratches" are very noticeable and ruin the aesthetic of the "adult collector" vehicle, and I hardly think the completely MISSING grappling hook is trivial.