Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ninjor: Those feet have to go!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Who says Ninjor is a human?

Sorry, but I got to disagree with you guys. Ninjor came with demon feet in the vintage line and he needs to be with demon feet in his classic counterpart. To me, Ninjor is more than human. I would even imagine him as an ancient Oni (Japanese word for "demon") that existed in Eternia a long time ago.
    Well, Mekaneckpain sure introduced us to an interesting question here... I'm kind of undecided. I think that more 'normal' feet (feet or boots or whatever you want to call it) fitting to a ninja would probably look great on him. On the other hand, he is a demon, spawned by Skeletor, so his claw feet are in a way appropriate. Interchangeable feet would be interesting (now, apart from being pro or con: would that even be possible [changeable feet/boots... I mean] )

Thing is, to be really honest: Ninjor does not really look like a demon or demonesque figure/character to me. I think what Bskcase states about the ancient Oni is a very interesting angle.

I first thought that a second head might be the solution here: give him his clawed feet and a hooded head (making that part of his face that is still revealed seem human) and then a second head, which would be a more demonlike head which would match (and in a way 'explain') the demon feet (kinda like Emiliano's design for Huntara). But then, haha, you've got an even bigger problem, since in the vintage line you could remove his mask and reveal his face. So, if Ninjor ever makes it into the line, there will already be two heads (masked/hooded and unmasked).

Hmmm... diffucult, really... but in the end, I don't think that this will be a point of discussion. If he makes the line, he'll have his vintage feet, imho.
    Last edited by Chroniklor; January 3, 2012 at 06:07am.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Bring on MYP Sorceress! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I'm more of a purist when it comes to the classics line looking more like the originals. However, If and when they get to Ninjor they must NOT use the claw feet. The guy is clearly a humanoid ninja, why does he have monster feet to begin with.

The Skeletor feet are the MOST overused feet in MOTUC. Skeletor(and all of his endless repaints), Merman, Zodac, Scareglow, Webstor, Stinkor, Kobra Khan, Ninjor, and now even Slush Head.

This was one of the reasons I was a little disappointed when the 4H didn't opt to use bare Beastman feet OR orange Hordak boots for Stinkor. Ninjor would be another great opportunity to add something different or new in regards to the feet. They never made much sense for Zodac or Stinkor.
    MYP Sorceress is a MUST HAVE figure for MOTUC!

I also feel that the skeletor feet don't quite match the feel of the old figures beyond the original 8-back charaters. To me, simply using the existing Hordak feet would be a fine solution.
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

Beasts were made to kill
    Ok which boots shall he wear?

He-man boots?

He-Ro boots?

Draeco Man (he-ro shins+hordak feet) boots?

King Hsss boots?

Bow boots?

Snout Spout boots?
    Last edited by Mamblo; January 3, 2012 at 10:11am.

Claw feet all the way for me! It's just on more thing to make him less human and more MOTU imo.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Claw feet all the way for me! It's just on more thing to make him less human and more MOTU imo.
    Exactly!

With the Claw feet he has built in pitons for scaling walls!
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    3-toed Skeletor feet for me please! Ninjor is one of my "must have" figures and I'd like him close to the original since we never saw him in the 200X era.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Yeah, cos just personally if I hafta put up with Clawfuls Awful 'Classic' head, then I want Ninjors 'Classic' feet!

ka
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

How about the 4 toes Demoman feet?
    And a japaneze demon head packed in as an extra.
    Johan Eggink aka Eterniandreams

[email protected]

Demoman or Hordak feet for me. Tired of the Skelefeet...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

I can see the reason for this debate. I myself prefer a more human boot but I can see where others would want the original feet. My question is: Why not have both?

Surely the Four Horsemen can find a way to give him interchangeable feet. There isn't any reason why the boots can't be swapped much like a hand or arm we've seen on other figures.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

...not only do I want the 3-clawed feet...I also want the arm fins.

This is one figure that I'd love to see cloth used rather than the "rubber-vest" like Prince Adam got.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Since MOTUC is going to go the vintage route, Ninjor will probably have the Evil Warrior feet. Ninjor does come from another dimension. Maybe in that realm, people have Evil Warrior feet...even their women...

He fits in with Zodac who also looks like a normal guy, but he has Evil Warrior fins and feet.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    No way man! He needs his "duckfeets!" http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/sty...fault/duck.gif
    This all the way!

Claw feet 100%!

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I actually want him to get NEW clawed feet which also could be re-used for Dragon Blaster Skeletor and other figures.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Duck Feets for me please
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I'm more of a purist when it comes to the classics line looking more like the originals. However, If and when they get to Ninjor they must NOT use the claw feet. The guy is clearly a humanoid ninja, why does he have monster feet to begin with.

I'm sorry if there is already a thread about Ninjor but I just had to get this off my chest.
    Actually, all of the MOTUC action figures are humanoid. A humanoid can refer to anything with uniquely human characteristics and/or adaptations, such as possessing opposable thumbs, or the ability to walk in an upright position.

I don't see anything wrong with the claws. Zodac has a human appearance, and he has claw feet.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 3, 2012 at 11:23am.

Heroic Warrior
    We don't need new interchangable legs. If Mattel put another set of different boots in, we can boil & pop...

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Add me to the clawed feet group! I want him to keep his demon toes.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

I would be happy of they didn't bother making him, always thought he was boring
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I definitely want him with some of his demonic attributes. I actually hope his eyes get a slightly more evil/demonic look to them. They were just black dots in the vintage line. I always kind of envisioned him as being something in between a human and a japanese oni (demon). I imagine he would be a candidate for a second unmasked head (since this line doesn't do cloth).

Demon feet for Ninjor or bust!!! I don't want a boring human ninja!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    He's a raging demon, a monster, a bloodthirsty killing animal. He needs his monster feet. For slashing the soft underbellies of helpless women and villagers and drinking their innards. I guess they could be used for scaling walls and such but the monster claws are offensive weapons he uses for dealing pointy death to all who cross his path.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Personally, I love the demon feet on Ninjor. The idea of him being a type of Eternian Oni is pretty cool. Maybe he was an ancient demon from Anwat Gar's mythology and Skeletor discovered his existence when he went to Anwat Gar in search of the crystals (whose names escape me right now).

I'm actually really excited for Ninjor's accessories. I always liked his bow and arrow.