Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisto and Shadow Weaver shipping are being delayed

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Well 3 days is not going to matter since it seems like DR takes a week to get around to shipping my stuff when I order. So I figure when they get done with the Sudoku and pickle making then they will ship and I would be none the wiser.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

I guess i am the only one that has not cared much about any of the delays. I get my figures when I get them. I have the sub so unless there is something I need to buy that isn't included I don't even pay attention anymore at times until I get the package

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Again there is a delay, And the reason? Why is it we're always told a few days before they go on sale? And how is it that we're never compensated for their screw ups?
    Yeah, not finding out in a timely manner sucks. However, Compensation for a delay in product? seriously? Compensation for faulty screw ups sure but delays? That is just crazy talk.

This is a big problem that would happen if they went to a pre-order system. I could already see people going crazy if we pre-ordered something 6 months in advance and it gets delayed for a month or 2. Many pre-orders from other companies get delayed all the time and product slips from the previously appointed slot all the time. I have to say that in a the years this line had been going we haven't seen it more often.

3 days is nothing to worry about in my book.

Yes, but there are ways to remedy and make sure it doesn't happen! That was the point of having a bonus figure and what not. And that doesn't even work! Why not just tell just that for 1 month that we will not be getting a shipping of figures. That should alleviate the delay issue. That or just tell us that we did not go into production in time. Oops! Our bad! Due to our stupidity, we will off sub holders free shipping or a free figure or something! If this was any other company and their customers complained. They would try to compensate them to keep the faith! But not Matty!
    Yeah I agree that they originally had bonus figures so we could always have a figure every month but if I had to go one month without a figure I wouldn't be entirely heart broken as long as the figures eventually came.

You also have to remember that things like Chinese New Year really screws with production around this time of year. Yeah, companies try and work around that but it isn't the easiest thing to do.
    Last edited by King Kahn; February 12, 2012 at 05:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Yeah not sure what kind of compensation you'd want for waiting 3 days longer.

So they go on sale Saturday the 18th?

I don't mind delays, but Mattel needs to do better at posting the sale dates on their official website.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I guess i am the only one that has not cared much about any of the delays. I get my figures when I get them. I have the sub so unless there is something I need to buy that isn't included I don't even pay attention anymore at times until I get the package.
    You are not alone, I am the same.

I know these things are coming to me no matter what. As the cliche goes, a watched pot never boils

Oh well, another delay shouldn't surprise to much. It doesn't really matter for me with it only being three days.

Yeah, not finding out in a timely manner sucks. However, Compensation for a delay in product? seriously? Compensation for faulty screw ups sure but delays? That is just crazy talk.
    I've ordered from places before where there was a delay in shipping of an item. And they compensated by upping the shipping to 2 day instead of the normal shipping. Nothing big. But something to show that they do care about our continued service to buy their products.

This is a big problem that would happen if they went to a pre-order system. I could already see people going crazy if we pre-ordered something 6 months in advance and it gets delayed for a month or 2. Many pre-orders from other companies get delayed all the time and product slips from the previously appointed slot all the time. I have to say that in a the years this line had been going we haven't seen it more often.
    You mean the "Pre-Order" system that they said they could not do, yet doing with the Back To The Future Part 2 Hoverboard?

Back to the Future Hover Board
    Finally! This totally awesome 1:1 replica of the hover board from the BTTF 2 and BTTF 3 films includes multiple whooshing sounds and will glide over most surfaces (does not actually "hover" – check back in 2015 for that feature). We'll be taking orders for it March 1 – March 20, 2012, and the final product will be shipped around November/December 2012. Because this is such a high-cost item, there will be a minimum number of orders required to go into production. If we don't receive the minimum orders, won't go into production and customers will not be charged. The price will be announced later this month. (Note: Hover board does not work on water.)

Yeah I agree that they originally had bonus figures so we could always have a figure every month but if I had to go one month without a figure I wouldn't be entirely heart broken as long as the figures eventually came.
    I agree I wouldn't be upset as long as there was a reason for a delay. But told well enough in advance. And the problem they wait about a month to go into production for a figure. We saw this with The Sorceress. Scott said in his video that she hasn't gone into production and that was around December 12 of 2011. But like I said, go a month without a figure and that should fix the issue!

You also have to remember that things like Chinese New Year really screws with production around this time of year. Yeah, companies try and work around that but it isn't the easiest thing to do.
    I don't think that was a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Yeah not sure what kind of compensation you'd want for waiting 3 days longer.
    As I said above! Upgrade in shipping. A Discount code for future purchase. Something! It doesn't need to be a free figure!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Why would you get a discount for waiting 3 days?

Heroic Warrior
    Three days in itself is not a big deal. However, it's just one more screw up added to a huge mountain of screw ups that have happened and will likely continue to happen. I think the suggestions Marvelous0ne made about compensation are not unreasonable to ask of Matty. Maybe not for a three day delay, but if there is another Demo-Man situation I think that it's only fair that Mattel and Toyguru take some responsibility and show that they respect customers by making up for THEIR MANY mistakes. Especially if they expect people to blindly commit $500+ for a years worth of figures.

OMG! Can some of you not comprehend it? It's not about the 3 days! It's the whole delay issues in general! We buy their stuff, they screw things up. And yet we're to sit and take it? As I said I have ordered from places before and if something comes up they compensated. A way to thank me for my patients and understanding. While it wasn't me, My mother ordered 2 Dell Streak 7 Tablets for Christmas. We ordered them back late October 2011. There was a delay in shipping. And when it changed that they wouldn't be sent til after Christmas. We received upgrade shipping to next day. and they also gave us $50 off each tablet. Sure they discontinued them shortly after they were ordered. But still they made an effort to appease their customer for the trouble they cause by not being able to deliver their product to us on time! And NO! I am not saying Mattel to give us all $50. But again a offering to show that we're appreciated for staying by them despite the crap they're putting us through! If they did do something this could get people to change their POV on them. It would show they're making an effort instead of Toyguru coming here making excuses that are condescending. That's it's our fault for issues they are having!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    OMGz TEH LIEN IS DYING!!! WHAT WILL I DO FOR THOSE 3 DAYS!!??!
    WOW....Sorry, but I didn't really see anyone complaining about waiting 3 days, only that it's stupid another delay has happened, and wondering about how shipping will be handled....and the fact that no one knows until a few days before the sale.

People need to get over the fact that others are getting more aggravated as days go by with all of this, 3 days in itself is not a big deal, but is DR going to handle this correctly on their end, or will things get more jacked up, than usual, that is the concern, not 3 short days.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 12, 2012 at 07:00pm.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

OMG! Can some of you not comprehend it? It's not about the 3 days! It's the whole delay issues in general! We buy their stuff, they screw things up. And yet we're to sit and take it? As I said I have ordered from places before and if something comes up they compensated. A way to thank me for my patients and understanding. While it wasn't me, My mother ordered 2 Dell Streak 7 Tablets for Christmas. We ordered them back late October 2011. There was a delay in shipping. And when it changed that they wouldn't be sent til after Christmas. We received upgrade shipping to next day. and they also gave us $50 off each tablet. Sure they discontinued them shortly after they were ordered. But still they made an effort to appease their customer for the trouble they cause by not being able to deliver their product to us on time! And NO! I am not saying Mattel to give us all $50. But again a offering to show that we're appreciated for staying by them despite the crap they're putting us through! If they did do something this could get people to change their POV on them. It would show they're making an effort instead of Toyguru coming here making excuses that are condescending. That's it's our fault for issues they are having!
    Dude, I understand delays can be annoying, but you're dreaming if you think you "deserve" something for a 3 day delay.

I do think that Matty should've bit the bullet with Demo-Man, but that was like an entire month of a blunder. In this case it's seriously not that big of a deal...it's 3 days, man.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    WOW, again.

It's a delay of 3 days. In the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal. I assume most people now have Demo-Man and BG-Lyn in hand after their delay and they are enjoying the figures tremendously. Same thing here, you'll get your figures and when you do, you won't care that it took 3 extra days because Fisto and Shadow Weaver are super duper awesome. People need to have some patience.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    It would show they're making an effort instead of Toyguru coming here making excuses that are condescending. That's it's our fault for issues they are having!
    Exactly! Like when it was our fault when DR cancelled subs supposedly because customers did not have the funds, but in reality it was because they were charging outdated credit cards that were thought to have been deleted from the Matty site.

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar

^^ THIS.

I work in customer service. If my clients are inconvenienced in ANY way due to a mistake on our part, I'll make damn sure they're compensated somehow.

Ha! Seems that news came out just 30 min after Sir Lazer Lot figure was announced
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    It's a delay of 3 days. In the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal. I assume most people now have Demo-Man and BG-Lyn in hand after their delay and they are enjoying the figures tremendously. Same thing here, you'll get your figures and when you do, you won't care that it took 3 extra days because Fisto and Shadow Weaver are super duper awesome. People need to have some patience.
    No one is really getting mad about it taking 3 extra days, not one post is really complaining about that, only that there's another delay regardless of how long it is. Why is everyone reading in people are upset over 3 days, they're not.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Dude, I understand delays can be annoying, but you're dreaming if you think you "deserve" something for a 3 day delay.

I do think that Matty should've bit the bullet with Demo-Man, but that was like an entire month of a blunder. In this case it's seriously not that big of a deal...it's 3 days, man.
    Man. Look at it this way. I bought tons of games from various video game companies. Bought more from some than others. One particular publisher gave me a 50% rebate code applicable on any future purchase when I complained about a game that really didn't deliver. It took a few weeks for patches to make that said game playable. Since I had bought from them many times before, they preferred giving me that rebate than losing me as a customer.

Heroic Warrior
    Ha ! The reveals were just unveiled, and now I learn THIS (I had missed it somehow in the long list of MOTUC threads)!

I told you we'd see more debacle in February, didn't I ? Well, here it is !

They say it's a 3 day delay, huh ? I'm sorry, but I don't believe a single word of it !

Be ready for more stress and chaotic reception of these figures... And if that was not enough, it's Shadow Weaver, this year's highly anticipated exclusive, and Fisto - another main want - that are delayed this way !

And who will have to pay twice the shipping costs instead of just once ? The "lucky" subscribers !

Dang ! I'm SO happy I never bought that crappy sub...

And PLEASE wait... We're not the 15th, it's not even sales day yet ! Now guess what mess this will all cause to your bank account being charged multiple times for the same figures because DR is totally unable to show any competence at all !?

Quote Originally Posted by MyBroGotAllMyFigs View Post
    Man. Look at it this way. I bought tons of games from various video game companies. Bought more from some than others. One particular publisher gave me a 50% rebate code applicable on any future purchase when I complained about a game that really didn't deliver. It took a few weeks for patches to make that said game playable. Since I had bought from them many times before, they preferred giving me that rebate than losing me as a customer.
    You're talking about a video game that didn't work, though. That's a faulty product, in which case Mattel offers full refunds for returned products. Again, I'm not condoning their occasionally garbage QC, but it's not like they just tell you to get lost and keep your broken toys, either.

But QC isn't even the issue here. In this case, it's a 3 day delay. It's not a broken figure or missing parts. So, why do you feel like you are owed something for a 3 day delay? Because of the inconvenience of waiting? So, if Hasbro's GI Joe line has a prospective street-date of March 1st and their figures come out March 4th, do you think they should send you some kind of compensation for having to wait? Probably not, because that would be absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think this line is above criticism, and I think a lot of complaints have merit, but this delay in particular is ridiculous to get up-in-arms about. It's unfortunate, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, man. 3 days isn't going to end the line.

Heroic Warrior
    they say 3 days now... But will 3 days turn into a week, then 2 weeks, then a month???

Yeah, probably. But you gotta love this stuff.

You're talking about a video game that didn't work, though. That's a faulty product, in which case Mattel offers full refunds for returned products. Again, I'm not condoning their occasionally garbage QC, but it's not like they just tell you to get lost and keep your broken toys, either.
    Nope. I'm talking about a game released with some bugs on day 1, but fixed later through patches. Pretty much every game nowadays, but I wouldn't have any of it. So I complained that I was very unsatisfied and didn't like that I'd have to wait for patches. The game WAS working, the disc was not defective. The code had issues but it could be worked around.

So, why do you feel like you are owed something for a 3 day delay? Because of the inconvenience of waiting?
    Seriously, guys. Get over the "It's only 3 days" already. It's not about the 72 hours delay. It's about the repeat offenses! It's the fact that stuff like this is happening WEEKLY. If it were just a 3-days delay in a sea of perfect service, that would be exceptional and thus not an issue. But it happens all the time! When it's not a delay it's something else just as annoying, if not worse!

I'm talking about simple CS here. A customer is not satisfied, has legitimate complaints, gets compensated for sticking with the company anyway, thus helping to alleviate the issue and maintain customer loyalty, no matter how insignificant ONE customer may seem in the bigger picture. That's what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about being a repeat customer. Buying their product MONTHLY since 2008 and encouraging others to do the same, supporting their product every chance I get. And when I'm being inconvenienced by their repeated mistakes and want to stop buying their product because of the issues that keep on popping up - included but not limited to: defective product, duplicate transactions, hammering of my CC account, delays - well yes, I expect them to do something to make it worth my while.

I paid for something, I expect good service, fast delivery, and quality work. Not the horrendous service. Not the delays. Not the bad paintjobs and certainly not broken plastic. Yet for all the support we've been giving them for the last years with the blind-buy-it-now-see-later subs that ensured the health of the line, all of us are still treated like cow droppings by Mr. CondescendingGuru.
    Last edited by MyBroGotAllMyFigs; February 12, 2012 at 08:02pm.

Heroic Warrior
    The sooner we accept, that several delays will happen in the future, the better we'll live with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The sooner we accept, that several delays will happen in the future, the better we'll live with it!
    Sure. Their service worsens. Our money isn't safe. And we don't even know whether we'll get what we pay for anymore. But that's ok. We should accept it blindly. I mean, it's FOR TEH LIEN!