Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Photog is "Almost Gone"

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Wow, after all this time, this is actually the first time I've had trouble trying to make a purchase. I wasn't able to get online today when the sale first started so I was just now trying to place my order. The first few times I looked at Matty's site, Photog wasn't even on there ANYWHERE. I wondered if they just pushed back his sale, but I saw no evidence of this on the forums. So I was just going to go back and buy the red lion. So when I went back to Matty collector, Photog was mysteriously there all the sudden. Awesome. I then go to purchase Photog and red lion and only photog went into my cart. Weird. I closed my broswer and went back. Photog was gone again. Closed and went back. Photog was there again. So I decided I'd better just purchase Photog while he was there, and it did suprisingly go through (apparently). Lance and red lion showed up on the site the whole time, but NEVER would go into my cart. Maybe they are sold out and just haven't updated the status yet. Anyway, I'll try again later. I'm real excited about the possibility of double shipping.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Yay! Congrats to all ten of you!

I'm just teasing.

This must be a pretty cool day for Nathan. Regardless of out own personal opinion regarding Photog, this release was long overdue. I've got Photog coming with my 30th sub (if it actually eventuates - no renewal or shipping notices yet). I'm keen to see how I feel anout him once he's in hand.
    I'd wager there's a lot more than 10 of us come on....there's at least 16 :O Seriously though, in a way this is the final figure in the vintage collection (not counting Eldor who only got to the proto phase) that always left a gaping hole and now it's finally rectified!

Photog is gone from my Feb page altogether....
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I am Happy to see Photog is selling.
    I have been waiting 20+ years for him. Once I saw him in the magazine, I always looked for him and I could never find him in stores, it drove me NUTS. As A kid, when I saw in a magazine that he won the contest and he was going to be made, I just figured he WAS going to be made.

I just hope my Sub is in place, Nothing has shown up about my 30th sub activating for this month.

WTH? Update:
    I just posted this and then reloaded the Matty page and it now shows he just was entered to be shipped.
    Wow crazy it must have been updated just as I was posting. Now I am Happy!
    Last edited by Mye-Kah B; February 16, 2012 at 03:22am.

Nice, my Photog has been shipped, my regular order is still in process ... Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Bitner View Post
    ... Hey guys, I think it's very cool that you got the figure as well, and really all of the credit is to Scott and Mattel. They drove this the whole way; I just had to say, "Yes, I think that's very cool!" I'm really excited to see it made and hope you'll enjoy having him as much as I will!

Have a good day!

Nathan
    Wow, it's great to hear from the creator of the character here. This certainly has been a long, weird trip getting PHOTOG made, and he's such a funky character, I'm very thankful to you for your contribution to the line, and to Scott for jumping through the hoops to get this toy to us (with special mention to Captain Atkin for putting Scott in touch with you). Thanks, Nathan!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Heroic Warrior TombstonePiledrive's Avatar

Where is Photog?

I don't see him on Matty anymore?!?!?

He accidentally hit record while looking in a mirror. He is there when I pull it up, and with stock left.

Heroic Warrior
    ... Hey guys, I think it's very cool that you got the figure as well, and really all of the credit is to Scott and Mattel. They drove this the whole way; I just had to say, "Yes, I think that's very cool!" I'm really excited to see it made and hope you'll enjoy having him as much as I will!

Have a good day!

Nathan
    Emiliano was custodian of a lot of MOTU history as well! A privilege to have you alongside us on the .org Mr Bitner this must be a proud day for you and yours! Great character!

I couldn't resist! I had to go back and order The Fearless Photog! There's just something about him....It just sucks I didn't get him along with Fisto and the Sorceress to save on shipping yesterday!Gotta love being indecisive!

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar

Have a good day!

Nathan

"THE" man has joined the conversation! Welcome and THANK YOU Nathan.

Have a good day!

Nathan
    Although this one wasn't for me, I'm really pleased for you that this was finally realised after all these years! Congrats!
    Filmation style means Filmation stye!

Heroic Warrior

Have a good day!

Nathan
    Nathan, I'm REALLY happy Mattel finally released your figure, and that we're now all able to enjoy it ! To me, this is a part of the 1980's dreams that finally came true...

it was already almost gone yesterday. I expect to get him before christmas.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Have a good day!

Nathan
    Thanks for popping by Nathan! Congrats on finally getting your winning entry made. Looking forward to getting Fearless Photog!

Have a good day!

Nathan
    Hey Nathan! Thanks for dropping us a line, trust me when I say I have been looking forward to owning this figure since I saw your design was the winner back when I was a child! Justice has finally been served & Photog will be getting the front row treatment in my Masters collection! Thanks again for your wonderful entry into Masters Of The Universe!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Elder Councilman
    Mr. Bitner, sir, I've wanted Photog ever since I knew the Classics line was being made.

I had the honor of emailing you about 10 years ago--albeit it only for a very short period of time.

Nonetheless, it's a joy to finally have your character amongst the ranks of the heroic warriors
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Warrior
    Great to see Nathan comment on here! And it's definitely great to see his creation selling so well! I know I can't wait to get mine!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    it was already almost gone yesterday.
    Umm... yes... That's why I posted it yesterday.

Unedited Director's Cut
    Great to see Mr. Bitner post on here and great to see that Fearless Photog is finally getting his proper release. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait since I think the Photog character (as well as all other characters) will be better served by this line.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Interesting to see that Photog is still ‘almost gone’. That says to me that there were enough fans to push him to that status and then not much since. Not that Mattel would tell us, but I would love to know the sales numbers.

At the end of the day he sold well because the 30th anniversary subs sold well. I wonder how many people who have the sub feel that they are ‘stuck’ with Photog?

It was interesting for TG to say in the NYTF walkthrough that Nathan didn’t get back to him regarding any of his correspondence yet he didn’t like the bio. It seems like the fans here on the org care more about Photog than Nathan does. Are there any non-US long-term fans of Photog? I know that us Aussies had no connection with him prior to discovering the org. Not to say that some of them don’t love Photog now; but we didn’t know about the competition growing up.

It will be interesting to see how Spector and Laser Lot sell in comparison to Photog.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    It was interesting for TG to say in the NYTF walkthrough that Nathan didn’t get back to him regarding any of his correspondence yet he didn’t like the bio. It seems like the fans here on the org care more about Photog than Nathan does.
    Just to clear this up a bit... Nathan was curious about why the character was named Jey in the bio, so I asked Toyguru about it for him. Nathan never said anything negative about the bio that the figure was given. My question to Toyguru may have been misinterpreted as Nathan not liking the bio, but that was not the case.

The name and bio are discussed in Part 2 of my interview with Nathan. Will have that posted in the near future.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 20, 2012 at 03:19am.

Yeah, that's definitely an odd one. I think most of us would have taken the gamble that he would have been named after Nathan. Maybe its a ownership risk type situation? Or just logistics.

So Photog has outlasted the Wind Raider? Guess we're not going to see a Photog variant any time soon.

Heroic Warrior
    Still almost gone? I don't expect seeing Draego Man lasting so long...