Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photog is "Almost Gone"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Interesting to see that Photog is still ‘almost gone’. That says to me that there were enough fans to push him to that status and then not much since. Not that Mattel would tell us, but I would love to know the sales numbers.

At the end of the day he sold well because the 30th anniversary subs sold well. I wonder how many people who have the sub feel that they are ‘stuck’ with Photog?

It was interesting for TG to say in the NYTF walkthrough that Nathan didn’t get back to him regarding any of his correspondence yet he didn’t like the bio. It seems like the fans here on the org care more about Photog than Nathan does. Are there any non-US long-term fans of Photog? I know that us Aussies had no connection with him prior to discovering the org. Not to say that some of them don’t love Photog now; but we didn’t know about the competition growing up.

It will be interesting to see how Spector and Laser Lot sell in comparison to Photog.
    How long has Stratos lasted so far?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    There are more 30th subs than DCU subs. :-(

Anyway, Photog better be considered a failure like the Wind Raider since has been on there for 5 days now.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

photog still available. this does not bode well for SLL or spector.

I just got my Photogs and yeah, no, he is terrible. He sucks. Why did I buy the 30th sub, let alone two of them?! First off, he is a good guy. WHAT?! That does not make any sense. His look, his design, his name, he should be a villian. Secondly, he has no armor or anything that can be removed. Nothing. Finally, he is lacking standard articulation. His lower legs cannot be turned, so he always has to be standing up straight. NO!! Oh, and his weapons suck. This whole toy sucks. At least Hurricane Hordak had accessories to at least make his suckitude worth something. This figure does not even have that. Well, at least Man-E-Faces has a camera man now...
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    First off, he is a good guy. WHAT?! That does not make any sense. His look, his design, his name, he should be a villian.
    That's pretty subjective. He doesn't scream 'villain' to me, personally.

Secondly, he has no armor or anything that can be removed. Nothing.
    Like Clawful, Buzz-off, Whiplash, Leech, Teela, etc etc...?

Finally, he is lacking standard articulation. His lower legs cannot be turned, so he always has to be standing up straight. NO!!
    Because he's missing the boot cut, he always has to be standing up straight?? I don't follow.

I'm not photog's biggest fan (In a poll I once declared him to be the only figure I think shouldn't be made) but the 4H have done a good job here and even I ordered one. I don't know if he'll be trade bait or something to open on a rainy-day, but I'll have the thing.

I just got my Photogs and yeah, no, he is terrible. He sucks. Why did I buy the 30th sub, let alone two of them?! First off, he is a good guy. WHAT?! That does not make any sense. His look, his design, his name, he should be a villian. Secondly, he has no armor or anything that can be removed. Nothing. Finally, he is lacking standard articulation. His lower legs cannot be turned, so he always has to be standing up straight. NO!! Oh, and his weapons suck. This whole toy sucks. At least Hurricane Hordak had accessories to at least make his suckitude worth something. This figure does not even have that. Well, at least Man-E-Faces has a camera man now...
    You do know that Beastman is missing the same point articulation on his lower legs? and stratos and some of the lady figures?

But am I surprised you are unhappy, nope lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

You've had atleast 20 years to manage your expectations for Photog.

First off, he is a good guy. WHAT?! That does not make any sense. His look, his design, his name, he should be a villian...
    I think Batman said it best... "Villains are a superstitious and cowardly lot!"

When I hear the word "Fearless" used in front of a character's name, I don't think of them as evil. In comics and cartoons, fearless = brave. I associate the word with hero.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 20, 2012 at 04:20pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post

When I hear the word "Fearless" used in front of a character's name, I don't think of them as evil. In comics and cartoons, fearless = brave.
    dont pay him any attention, you cant fight his "logic"

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    I don't get the dislike for Photog, but to each his own. I'm very excited about getting him and I think it's a fun figure. I like the idea that there has been, or is someone, to document the history of Eternia. Especially since we're building up such a collection of "historical" characters like Vikor, Wun-Dar, and King Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    I don't get the dislike for Photog, but to each his own. I'm very excited about getting him and I think it's a fun figure. I like the idea that there has been, or is someone, to document the history of Eternia. Especially since we're building up such a collection of "historical" characters like Vikor, Wun-Dar, and King Grayskull.
    He is not someone I am doing flips for, but do not hate him and even if I didnt like him, I wouldnt rant about it. B/c I know he has a place in this line and I respect that a lot of people want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post

When I hear the word "Fearless" used in front of a character's name, I don't think of them as evil. In comics and cartoons, fearless = brave. I associate the word with hero.
    I agree. Just like Daredevil, the man without fear.

Anyway, I'm surprised Photog has lasted this long. I think he's a great addition to MOTUC.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'm surprised he's still for sale too. I'm really excited for my Photog to arrive! I was hoping Mattel would make an 80's style figure of him someday (like when they made the commemorative figures), so I was pretty stoked when I heard he was coming in MOTUC. From all the pictures I have seen on him, he's perfect. BEYOND my expectations. The camera head "zoom" function is all sorts of awesome. I'm not even a big fan of yellow, but it just works so well on him. I think he's more exciting and looks a lot better than some other MOTUC figures.

I'm just sad that I have to pay $9 extra for shipping since Mattel didn't combine the 30th Anniversay and Club Eternia subscriptions for February. Grrr...

Also, I agree! Fearless = Brave = Hero.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

In fairness, it's only been 5 days. If he sells out in 2 weeks, that's still crazy fast. I don't think we should ever lose track of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    In fairness, it's only been 5 days. If he sells out in 2 weeks, that's still crazy fast. I don't think we should ever lose track of that.
    crazy fast in normal logic but not Mattel suits logic

Heroic Warrior
    The only thing those calve swivels are good for is crouching poses, which unless the character is Spider-man, Batman or Robin, I don't have any use for.

Photog is the best looking figure from the 30th sub and looks like he would fit in perfectly with the vintage line

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    You've had atleast 20 years to manage your expectations for Photog.
    Well said.

I was actually pretty lukewarm on Photog initially, but I ended up ordering a second for my editing station after about a minute and a half of having him out of the package. I'm really surprised by just how cool I ended up thinking he is!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    That's pretty subjective. He doesn't scream 'villain' to me, personally
    With all of the talk people had about him, and that he is mentioned in the Marlena bio, I was expecting a villian.

Like Clawful, Buzz-off, Whiplash, Leech, Teela, etc etc...?
    Guess what, I did not like Clawful, Buff-Off, or Leech either.

Whiplash can with a second head, a spear, a thingy, and a removable tail. Teela came with a second head, Snake Armor, a staff, a sword, and a shielf.

Because he's missing the boot cut, he always has to be standing up straight?? I don't follow.
    So because he doesn't have boots it is okay to limit his leg movement? What I mean by straight is that his legs will always be straight because if you try to pose him with his legs spread out, he is standing on the edge of his feet.

Sad thing is, it only goes down from here. Well, sort of. We got Draego-Man, and then the roller coaster starts going downhill really fast. So I guess it is more like the cart goes upward and then speeds straight down with voracious velocity.

Photog did OK, just OK we expected him to fly off the virtual shelf, and when Spector comes I know you guys will flock in droves to Matty to get him, followed buy the magnificent Sir Laser-Lot, the most awesome MOTUC there has ever been, and probably ever will be. Logistically speaking though since Photog performed so poorly and since his totally unique camera sculpts have no possible or possible limited reuses, and since reissues are no longer being done, we will only offer another Photog possibly during a movie year unless you guys would like us to slip him into another figures slot, giving up a possibly much more wanted figure, let us know!
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    oh look the Camera thing is still 'almost gone'!

Say hello to the next 'sales' Mo-larr! though it is odd that they havent pulled it yet to save face! If they had left the WR up this long it may have had a chance to actually sell out!

ka
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad he's still up there... This way if I change my mind and decide to buy him, I can. That's more than I can say for all the other figures that "supposedly" sell out in 2 minutes.

i did not know he had this much hate...i really like him

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    He is not my fav. But I got him coming in my sub.

I don't understand the hate really. I love what he stands for and he belongs. Just not a wow look for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    I don't hate him but I like the other 3 30th Ann. figures better with Draego Man being my favorite so far.