Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I seriously think Matty raised their shipping prices on purpose!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The shipping via UPS for Photog is $13+ for me... then add the tax on that shipping charge. It's ridiculous.
    a bit beyond ridiculous, no way it should be that much, no way. $10 at most.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

The price difference between UPS Ground and USPS Ground (Screwgistics) is crazy for one figure. The price is $13.15 vs. $8.70. That's a 50% difference! I know some of you guys have had problems with Screwgistics, but it gets to me in almost exactly the same amount of time as UPS Ground so I used that method for my subscriptions to save some money.

I've used USPS since the inception of the Sub. I haven't had a price hike yet. Which is good. It's always been the standard $8.70 like Zodach mentioned and in bigger shipments w/ multiple figures it's $12.70. Been lucky over here w/ shipping prices....no complaints.

I got USPS, I think, but just because I didn't notice the default option had changed. I'm hoping it works out okay. Last month, Demo-Man/BGEL and Star Sisters shipped on the same day, one with UPS and one with USPS and they arrived at the same time, but my USPS Wind Raider took forever.

The shipping does seem rather high, even with USPS considering how long it can take to arrive compared to if I'd just strolled into a USPS or UPS and sent something similar, but I admit I know little about how all of this works.

Still, $13 does seem crazy for just one figure. Doing the math, I expect August's MOTUC sub figure to ship for around $10.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    ALSO OF NOTE: I went to my order history on Matty and found my original order in signing up for these subs. Next to the listing for The Red Lion and Lance was a hyperlinked tracking number which took me to the tracking status of the package. It showed up as package 2 in the order, with package 1 having been the Star Sisters which were delivered in late January. (note that I have the USPS cornerstone logistics shipping or whatever it's called).

I don't know for sure if this would work out differently for anyone who picked UPS, but if you ordered multiple subs together, I would go back and find your original order for those subs, see what the total shipping charge was, and then check how much you were charged in shipping for your Star Sisters, Red Lion/Lance from Voltron, and/or any other initial shipments from any subs that were ordered together. Those shipping costs should add up to no more than the total shipping charge shown in that initial order (and maybe less if you had ordered a GB sub which got canceled).
    ***And make sure that you are factoring the tax out of things (i.e. if you get a shipping confirmation for the Voltron shipment with a total like mine of $59.08, with no actual breakdown of what portions are tax and shipping, don't assume that the shipping is $9.08.... because part of that was tax).
    I'm in the same boat with the MOTUC/Voltron combo. The weird thing is, my order history has had a tracking number associated with the MOTUC subscription since Monday, and I've been following their progress through the good ol' US of A since then. However, the tracking number for the Red Lion/Lance (which, like yours, is the same as for the MOTUC shipment) didn't appear on my order history until tonight! Did somebody run out to Indiana, flag down the mailman, and sneak a Red Lion in my box o' toys? And if not, why did it take them four days to figure out (and indicate) that they had shipped my Voltron stuff with my MOTUC?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan's Mist View Post
    Matty- Pray I don't alter it any further.
    Too bad images in signatures are not allowed...

this deal is getting worse all the time 2.jpg
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

It's the following for me with Newgistics/USPS:

Club Eternia®: Shadow Weaver, Pre-Ternia Map, Sorceress & Fisto = SubTotal $40 (Actual $60 b/c $20 was paid back in July 2011)
    Shipping & Handling: $11.75 + Tax: $4.26 (8.25%) = Total: $56.01 (Actual $76.01)

30th Anniversary: Photog = SubTotal $20
    Shipping & Handling: $8.51 + Tax: $2.56 (8.25%) = Total: $31.07

Day of Sale
    Red Lion, Lance (Isamu Kurogane / Moody) & Blazing Sword Voltron® (GoLion: King of the Beasts - King's Sword Jyuoken) SubTotal $80.00
    Shipping & Handling: $11.75 + Tax: $7.58 (8.25%) = Total: $99.33

-- Tax should have been $7.569375 here, the way DR usually calculates it would make it $7.56, but technically it's rounded off to $7.57. I wonder what happens to the 1 cent...

In TX we have the Texas sales tax Rule §3.303 which allows Tax over S&H, but that's within the state. All other companies that I order from like BBTS, Amazon, eBay, etc. only charges taxes within their own state and not outside so I never get taxed by them b/c they reside outside of TX. That's why I still don't understand why Digital River taxes outside of their own state of CA. It's worth noting that DR only started to charge taxes in Feb. 2011 while I've been buying from them since Dec. 2008. I find it shady.
    Last edited by synthalus; February 17, 2012 at 10:00am.
    MOTU WANTS: Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Drissi, Caz Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, Hunga the Harpy, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders of Morc
    FILMATION: Battle Cat, Ram Man, Stratos Whiplash
    =>MOTU-Classics-Checklist

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gozzoman View Post
    too bad images in signatures are not allowed...

holy crap how did you get shots of terry higuchi's 5th 30th anniversary figure :o !

Quote Originally Posted by GozzoMan View Post

They are, with a donation.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    It's the following for me with Newgistics/USPS:

Club Eternia®: Shadow Weaver, Pre-Ternia Map, Sorceress & Fisto = SubTotal $40 (Actual $60 b/c $20 was paid back in July 2011)
    Shipping & Handling: $11.75 + Tax: $4.26 (8.25%) = Total: $56.01 (Actual $76.01)

30th Anniversary: Photog = SubTotal $20
    Shipping & Handling: $8.51 + Tax: $2.56 (8.25%) = Total: $31.07

Day of Sale
    Red Lion, Lance (Isamu Kurogane / Moody) & Blazing Sword Voltron® (GoLion: King of the Beasts - King's Sword Jyuoken) SubTotal $80.00
    Shipping & Handling: $11.75 + Tax: $7.58 (8.25%) = Total: $99.33

-- Tax should have been $7.569375 here, the way DR usually calculates it would make it $7.56, but technically it's rounded off to $7.57. I wonder what happens to the 1 cent...

In TX we have the Texas sales tax Rule §3.303 which allows Tax over S&H, but that's within the state. All other companies that I order from like BBTS, Amazon, eBay, etc. only charges taxes within their own state and not outside so I never get taxed by them b/c they reside outside of TX. That's why I still don't understand why Digital River taxes outside of their own state of CA. It's worth noting that DR only started to charge taxes in Feb. 2011 while I've been buying from them since Dec. 2008. I find it shady.
    I remember Matty Collector started charging taxes in Dec of 2010. I don't know if they tax every state on orders but they can here in Texas because Mattel has a presence in our state with a Mattel Store or two.
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Heroic Warrior

Hey Gozzoman, have you ever seen the robot chicken spoof on that. Everytime Lando says this deal gets worse, it does.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    Matty has a deeper plot here. They want the master mold and rights to Plastorr, so they are sending a message to you by raising the price on your shipping

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/263/plastorr.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by audman View Post
    How did you get a hold of Sir lazer lot so early.....
    Oh my god! LMAO!!! I'm practically crying that is hilarious!

Hey Gozzoman, have you ever seen the robot chicken spoof on that. Everytime Lando says this deal gets worse, it does.
    ROTFL!! I hadn't seen that, thanks!

And sometimes it actually feels like that with Mattel...

I laughed through my nose at the Take Your Daughter to Work Day sketch!

Heroic Warrior
    ROTFL!! I hadn't seen that, thanks!

And sometimes it actually feels like that with Mattel...

I laughed through my nose at the Take Your Daughter to Work Day sketch!
    Glad you found it. I didn't know whether to place a link for youtube or other sites because I could not remember if its allowed.

Your right, that is what it feels like, the more we are unhappy, the harder Mattel makes it to where we feel like lando at the end and just say screw it, I'll put up with crap. Higher shipping, screwed up service, quality etc.

Not sure if you have ever seen the skits before but the Emperor phone call and emperor escalator are a couple of my favorites.

Not sure if you have ever seen the skits before but the Emperor phone call and emperor escalator are a couple of my favorites.
    Seen them, thanks! I especially enjoyed the escalator one!

There are also a few ones about MOTU I was aware that Mo-larr was inspired by one of them, but I hadn't see any of the actual shows yet. On the average they seem to be not as funny nor "accurate" as the Star Wars ones, but they're still quite enjoyable

Sorry everyone for the OT