Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "I Pledge to buy MORE Wind Raiders" Thread (post-owning/receiving one)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    ...I'd almost definitely buy a straight repaint.
    I agree. Even one that was simply different shades/tints of the current green and yellow-orange scheme.

Heck, I think I'd even be interested in a 'reversed' green and yellow-orange scheme, where the WR was mainly yellow-orange with green wings and tail, etc.; a reversed scheme WR would probably look great next to a Classics Talon Fighter & Point Dread too, and would help create a 'fleet' aspect of various vehicles and soldiers, all with the same/similar schemes (i.e. the Royal Guards, Man-At-Arms, etc.)
    – No comment.

I definitely need to buy another (opener) at some point, but I don't think I'd be interested in building a "fleet" at this size considering my already sizable collection.

Mine should be here within the week! I ordered 2...which I wasn't going to do, but when they said we wouldn't see any more vehicles for a while I decided to go for another.

Heroic Warrior
    If I could get my hands on another set of cheap palace guards I'd consider buying another wind raider or two . It really comes down to how much money I have at the time. As much as Matty tries to through it on collectors to same money, it just makes more sense not to sell a figure during xmas. I think tax season might be better. We always see a spike in the economy around this time of year due to refunds. Get the customers while they have money in their hands. Might try my hand at madmonday crossing my fingers for a wind raider.

I think the only way I'd buy another one is if it was a battle damaged version that came with the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    I think tax season might be better. We always see a spike in the economy around this time of year due to refunds. Get the customers while they have money in their hands. Might try my hand at madmonday crossing my fingers for a wind raider.
    I agree, as this is what has allowed me the extra funds to buy my first WR off eBay. (Then again, this is assuming most of us get refunds as opposed to owing money, however. )
    – No comment.

HD figures on youtube
    This reminds me of the thread in the 200X days, where fans where pleading each other to buy all the stock in their local stores, even to give to charity just to save the line.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    This reminds me of the thread in the 200X days, where fans where pleading each other to buy all the stock in their local stores, even to give to charity just to save the line.
    I definitely cannot fault you for getting that 'vibe' (as I can totally see how it reminds you of that, now that you mention it – that would be ridiculous, right?!) I honesty didn't mean for my initial post to come off that literal, I guess, as a 'call to all fans,' or whatever...

The REAL, honest to goodness truth, reason why I started this thread, was to express my own personal 'change of opinion' about this particular product (and of course to find out if any other fans had experienced a similar reaction/revelation, if you will – and thus far, it appears that not many (or any) other posters have directly expressed this same type of '180º' change of heart in regards to the WR's 'worth,' or value.)

...I don't know really how best to say it, but... once I had the WR assembled and in my hand, and had a chance to 'play' with it, and pose it, on its amazing stand, I truly felt a little bad, guilty, for previously deciding to pass on it when it had originally went on sale! I mean, now that I hand one in hand, I could truly see and 'feel' (you know, those 'warm fuzzies'...) all the L. O. V. E. that went into making this thing, and I really felt at that moment, that I had previously TOTALLY UNDERVALUED IT in every way!

So basically what I'm saying is, I pledge to buy more WRs, simply because I want more!

– No comment.

HD figures on youtube
    So basically what I'm saying is, I pledge to buy more WRs, simply because I want more!

Oooh I see, I thought we where trying to save vehicles in the line, since this one didn't meet Mattel's ridiculous standards. Then it don't remind me of that 200X thread then. The WR would be awesome to army build, if your creating a palace or guard diorama.

The WR would be awesome to army build, if your creating a palace or guard diorama.
    Oh that would be sooo awesome! ...if only we all had the time, money and 'space' for that, right?!
    – No comment.

HD figures on youtube
    Oh that would be sooo awesome! ...if only we all had the time, money and 'space' for that, right?!
    Oh absolutely! Only reason I have just one set of Royal Guards is because of lack of funds & space

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    I think the only way I'd buy another one is if it was a battle damaged version that came with the pilot.
    Could that be changed to no pilot & no missiles? battle damaged decals maybe? Please?
    Go Home And Be A Family He-Man!

I already have three of this beauty, and I don't mind to buy an evil repaint of the Windraider sometimes in the future, however I'd rather see Mattel releasing more new Vehicles and new beasts than keep getting redundant repainted variants ....
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Oh absolutely! Only reason I have just one set of Royal Guards is because of lack of funds & space
    Exactly. Same here.
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    Okay, if this was the case, maybe with one or two newly tooled parts like a damaged wing and missile cover, I'd buy another one. As for the figure, I would like the original version of the body for Snake Man-At-Arms with the brown regular trunks! The inclusion of that figure would make it a DEFINITE buy.