Thread: Wanting unwanted figures, for comedy's sake.

Wanting unwanted figures, for comedy's sake.

Reading some comments on the Spector and Laser-lot threads put in my mind some funny ideas for web comics. and everytime someone posts something that inspires me, I reconsider my decision to avoid these figures. the truth is, as much as I get inspired to do these shoots I NEVER do. so I know that there's no point in me buying them, even if I get started on doing the shoots witht he figures I have and like, (which I really need to start) I can't afford to buy something I hate for the sake of comedy lol. (and to be fair I dislike SLL I don't hate him)

I hope someone who buys them can run with the comedy, if not pm me and we can do a skit together!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm a completest and am getting all of the figures anyway. While I don't love Spector, I don't really hate him either. He's fine for what he is. I agree that there is a lot of potential fun to be had with the figures

I actually have an idea for a funny little photo comic strip that will involve both Spector and another upcoming MOTUC item once I have them both in hand, that I plan to do. And this is something that I will definately do since it's relatively simple. I've actually had the idea in my head for a while now since I've been aware of Spector and the other item, so it's just a matter of getting them in hand.

Then there's another idea that I've had brewing in my head for a little while now, but it is the kind of thing that I don't know if I'll ever actually follow through on because it will be rather complicated. It would basically be a full length movie (and possibly a sequel) using MOTUC figures. So, I guess think Robot Chicken, but a lot more crude. I have no experience doing something like that, and it will be quite the under taking if I attempt it, and I'm sure the results will be far less than perfect. But I do have a funny idea that I think would work.

Basically this would be a parody of an existing movie (which had a sequel, hence if I do the 2nd one, it will be a parody of the sequel), but putting MOTU characters into a similar situation as characters in the movie, and therefore I am trying to figure out which MOTU characters to have fill in what rolls from the movie(s). The absolute main characters that the story centers around are figured out and were my main inspiration for this. But filling in other rolls has been a bit more difficult.

I had a mini-epiphany last night though regarding one roll. While it's not a 'main' character in the story per-say, it's still a pretty prominent roll... certainly a strong secondary roll if that makes sense. I had been struggling for a while deciding which MOTU charcter to put there. I was wanting to put a pretty major character in it since it is a pretty important roll, but for a number or reasons, either those characters didn't quite fit the bill, or if they did, they still worked better elsewhere or it caused some other kind of conflict (I can't get more specific than that without revealing spoilers). But then I realized that for a few reasons, despite the contraversy over him and despite him not being a major character in MOTU, Spector will actually work rather well in this roll, and allow me to put other characters that I was considering for it where they will make more sense logically IMO... even if those rolls are comparatively smaller. And while this is meant to be a comedic parody, his roll would be semi-serious (meaning that I'm not putting him in that roll for poke fun at him or anything like that).

So, we'll see how this goes, and if I even actually move forward with this.

Sounds awesome, I'm hoping you do it because I;m looking fwd to it! I would love to dos ome film parodies starring MOTU too, don't have the time or resources to dedicate to it thought.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Sounds awesome, I'm hoping you do it because I;m looking fwd to it! I would love to dos ome film parodies starring MOTU too, don't have the time or resources to dedicate to it thought.
    Time is the tough part. Resources are semi there. I do have a video camera, though it is about 10 years old now. I would probably want to use something that is HD and widescreen. I have a good computer that could handle editing the movie together, but all I have software-wise is a basic video editing program that came with it. I would probably want to get something a bit better, as well as some program that allows me to add in some very basic special effects. But that can all add up to a decent amount of $$$, even for more basic stuff.

The other issue is voices. I could try to do some of the voices (at least the male ones), but I can't pull them all off. Realistically, while I would try to get as close as possible to the more iconic voices for each charcter that were prominent in the various cartoons, I don't expect to get them dead on or anything like that. But I don't want all of the voices sounding like it's me doing them. I'm decent at making different silly voices for fun, but I'm no professional by any means. I'd probably have to recruit my wife and/or sister for some female voices, if they'd be willing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    But I don't want all of the voices sounding like it's me doing them. I'm decent at making different silly voices for fun, but I'm no professional by any means. I'd probably have to recruit my wife and/or sister for some female voices, if they'd be willing.
    You're near a big city, I'm sure there are enough wannabe actors that would help for free to add to their demo reels/resumes, even students that will do it for school assignments. hell I should take my own advice, the more I type the better the idea sounds!

Fear is faith in failure

I want unwanted figures for comedy sake...and my tops would be Plundor...I wish he was coming for Easter

Mattel should release toy-based Tallstar with a repainted pink & purple Wind Raider for the sake of comedy...or arguments. If Spector is a success for getting folks riled up, let's take it to the next level.

I was doing a comedy photo shoot with my Battleground Evil-Lyn, but my battery died halfway through and I never ended up finishing. I didn't buy her for comedy, so it's not the really the same thing. It made me think of it though! I need to finish those pictures...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I will do a Spector/SLL one and it will involve cowboys and pudding...