Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Horsemen are working on 3 MOTUC figures, one is the fan created winner!

Lots of smack talk from Create-A-Character entrants going on in here!

I do really hope everyone is respectful when the figure is shown. If you don't like it, that's all well and good...but please don't go on and on about how much it "sucks" and stuff. The winner will be a regular Joe (like Nathan Bitner) and a fan, not a trained artist. No need to go hating on someone and make them all depressed.

I really do hope the design is amazing and loved by most. I'm sure that would make the winner feel fantastic!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

I do really hope everyone is respectful when the figure is shown. If you don't like it, that's all well and good...but please don't go on and on about how much it "sucks" and stuff. The winner will be a regular Joe (like Nathan Bitner) and a fan, not a trained artist. No need to go hating on someone and make them all depressed.

I really do hope the design is amazing and loved by most. I'm sure that would make the winner feel fantastic!
    I would hope most of the org remembers that in general, especially in light of how certain people's "creations" have been treated.

Just because one design is from fans and one is from someone else does not mean that person deserves to be crapped on in a hurtful way
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I can't wait to see how much everyone hates the winner's creation! Mmmm...delicious hatred.

But seriously; I'm lookin' forward to it. I mean...there's just SO MANY different ideas out there. It could be just about anything! I'm hoping for robot parts.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I would hope most of the org remembers that in general, especially in light of how certain people's "creations" have been treated.

Just because one design is from fans and one is from someone else does not mean that person deserves to be crapped on in a hurtful way
    I didn't mean it like that! I just meant, these are regular people, not artists that know their work will get ripped apart, critiqued, etc. ALL professional aritsts know this will happen and toughen up or have thick skin. That doesn't mean people should be jerks to them because they're professionals, though. I had my work ripped to shreds by other professionals. It's not a very good feeling, but it happens. I also had one of my stories banned because higher ups said it was too controversial, but that's another story.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Wow! That was quick. I can only hope that one of us sent in a design that really caught their attention and that most of the fans will like it. Then again...

Also, I don't think they'll contact the winner until they said they would, because the form that those of us who entered the contest filled out essentially signed over all rights to the design. Mattel can change it any way they want to change it.

By the way, Lady Deadpool has a ponytail, so Spectora is dead on! LOL!

I am really interested to see who won, if it was anyone from the org the design should be pretty bad ass given what I have seen in the Fan Art and Customs forum and knowing who entered
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

According to the rules, they plan on notifying the winner on or about July 1st. Ideally that winner will be me, but I haven't heard from them yet.

two figures along side of the contest figure: the Green Ranger and Homer Simpson... to place along side Deadpool, oops I mean Spector on the toy shelf.

Well no matter who wins, I would be glad for them cause just like the rest of us fans we all would like to become a part of this brand and it's history we all grew up on. I've seen some awesome customs and even artwork from time to time and have to say sometimes I wish some of the work and customs were available, but that's me. I'm an illustrator and sort of idled on creating the 3 ideas I had, and shamelessly regret it on some level but hey that's how it goes. All the best to whomever wins and even if it's not the best thing to be thought of, I will accept it cause it's from one of our own ( I Hope, LOL)!

And now for the Horsemen doing the sculpts; I'd hate to be the odd man in the room but if I were these guys I would stir the pot over there and make Mattel really get off their asses and really do everything they can humanly possible to prevent any future defects, I mean these guys are sculpting their arses off and I would be ****** if my creation and work is being put out in a crappy and with so many issues!!! I know they have a contract and are getting paid but it's about the principle, which is why they left McFarlane in the first place. Just saying...

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    VOTEtheGOAT for 2012
    This can only lead to controversy...

c-hs-3.jpg

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar

So, this only applies to the "average joe" winner? For almost a year people have bashed the Mighty Spector with no regards for Scott. He's nowhere near a trained artist. I think that this respect should have been given with all the create a character creations starting with the 4 Horsemen and down to the final one.
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

Heroic Warrior
    VERY COOL! Can't wait to see what else is coming this year!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I so wish I could talk about who the winner is...the anticipation is killing me

Also for the record they won't contact you till July- remember that Mattel and the 4H have total say on the direction as there was no part in the rules that said you get to work with them on it.

I didn't mean it like that! I just meant, these are regular people, not artists that know their work will get ripped apart, critiqued, etc. ALL professional aritsts know this will happen and toughen up or have thick skin. That doesn't mean people should be jerks to them because they're professionals, though. I had my work ripped to shreds by other professionals. It's not a very good feeling, but it happens. I also had one of my stories banned because higher ups said it was too controversial, but that's another story.

With all due respect- I'll totally be just as critical of the design as I have been with Johns and Guru's entries. If you enter the contest even if you're not a professional then you should be ready to be openly critiqued by the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    So, this only applies to the "average joe" winner? For almost a year people have bashed the Mighty Spector with no regards for Scott. He's nowhere near a trained artist. I think that this respect should have been given with all the create a character creations starting with the 4 Horsemen and down to the final one.
    See that logic would work as an excuse if he didn't have a "WORLD CLASS" team of artists and Geoff Johns and others to give him help ^_^
    Last edited by vertigoink; February 23, 2012 at 08:45pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just get the feeling that no matter how supportive we all would like to be for the eventual winner, there will be some backlash for the poor guy/girl.

I wonder if the Photoshop Sculptors will be even more criticial

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Well no matter who wins, I would be glad for them cause just like the rest of us fans we all would like to become a part of this brand and it's history we all grew up on. I've seen some awesome customs and even artwork from time to time and have to say sometimes I wish some of the work and customs were available, but that's me. I'm an illustrator and sort of idled on creating the 3 ideas I had, and shamelessly regret it on some level but hey that's how it goes. All the best to whomever wins and even if it's not the best thing to be thought of, I will accept it cause it's from one of our own ( I Hope, LOL)!

And now for the Horsemen doing the sculpts; I'd hate to be the odd man in the room but if I were these guys I would stir the pot over there and make Mattel really get off their asses and really do everything they can humanly possible to prevent any future defects, I mean these guys are sculpting their arses off and I would be ****** if my creation and work is being put out in a crappy and with so many issues!!! I know they have a contract and are getting paid but it's about the principle, which is why they left McFarlane in the first place. Just saying...

^^^ This is exactly the bloody problem I've tried to explain before as well- they work so hard and then BAM their designs are dumped on. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I can't wait to see how much everyone hates the winner's creation! Mmmm...delicious hatred.

But seriously; I'm lookin' forward to it. I mean...there's just SO MANY different ideas out there. It could be just about anything! I'm hoping for robot parts.
    It won't have any robot parts Also if it is infact from an ORG member then I can say we most likely will get an amazing figure- if they don't stray far from it due to design costs.
    Last edited by vertigoink; February 23, 2012 at 08:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    If you enter the contest even if you're not a professional then you should be ready to be openly critiqued by the community.
    I agree, and frankly it would be the highest honor to be openly criticized (and/or praised) for one's character design. People can only say things about the character you created if you created a character, by which point you've already won, so nothing that anyone says about it should matter.

As far as I'm concerned, they are one and the same. Andros aka Goat Man. Slight color and costume variations make no difference in my mind. I mean look at Clawful and Tung Lashor. Even Man-At-Arms was pretty much different in the show. If we ever do get a Goat Man, I am expecting some nod to Andros in the bio.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    That guys name was Andros, and although there were alot of similarities with Goatman, they were 2 different characters.
    Andros
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...sandhismen.jpg
    Goatman
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...n-EI1cOwt1agf2

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    OMGOMGOMG!!! If they are sculpting does that mean the winner has been notified already??
    no I have not been notified yet But seriously I hope the winner is someone that has been bashing Spector to death, so they can see what it feels like to have your creation rediculed and mocked by fellow fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    no I have not been notified yet But seriously I hope the winner is someone that has been bashing Spector to death, so they can see what it feels like to have your creation rediculed and mocked by fellow fans.
    Yo man, that's a wiggidy-wack attitude! Let's go fans!!!!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I agree, and frankly it would be the highest honor to be openly criticized (and/or praised) for one's character design. People can only say things about the character you created if you created a character, by which point you've already won, so nothing that anyone says about it should matter.
    EXACTLY LOL- despite any criticism given YOU HAVE AN OFFICIAL CHARACTER...FORRRREEEEVVVVEEEERRRRRRR!

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    EXACTLY LOL- despite any criticism given YOU HAVE AN OFFICIAL CHARACTER...FORRRREEEEVVVVEEEERRRRRRR!
    I know! That eternally trumps any and all negative comments. Sure, we all hope it is a popular and well-liked character, but the winner will be thrilled regardless.

I wonder if the other two figures are figures for this year or for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I wonder if the other two figures are figures for this year or for next year?
    This year. It's part of a 2012 sub for the 30th Anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    No one should bash Scott for the sake of bashing him, but, with all due respect, he is the face and voice of MOTUC and put his own figure in the line. He's not an average Joe. He represents Mattel, is a professional and has gotten harsh criticism for years before The Mighty Spector premiered. So, Scott knows what it's like. Also, some people are very bitter that Scott know has 3 action figures of himself in toylines he's in charge of. He also has the Spector Hotwheel car.

I'm not saying it's "right," but it is kind of strange to see so many toys of Scott.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 23, 2012 at 09:23pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    This year. It's part of a 2012 sub for the 30th Anniversary.
    I think he meant are the other two NON 30th sculpts for this year- of which the answer is a resounding yes