Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Horsemen are working on 3 MOTUC figures, one is the fan created winner!

I think it's okay to critique the winning design in a respectful way, but when all is said and done, the responsibiliy is on the panel to choose the best/most appropriate design. It's really not the same scenario as most of the other 30th anniversary figures, where there was no vote.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I think it's okay to critique the winning design in a respectful way, but when all is said and done, the responsibiliy is on the panel to choose the best/most appropriate design. It's really not the same scenario as most of the other 30th anniversary figures, where there was no vote.
    Hmmmm true true well said Tall!

ooooooh_animated.gif

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    If and when I win the contest, you all are free to bash my character. Ill just comfort myself with my action figure. Haters be hating brothers. I'll glady sign your figures if you can find me.
    You just read a post from the head Honcho of Nerds On A Couch!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    The 3 figures are obviously a Snake Evil Lyn (same Teela armor but in Green!), a Battleground Mighty Spector, and the grand winner of the Create a figure contest... Meet IPHONOS, mighty multitouch warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I think it's totally OK to critique it, after all, we'll be spending OUR money on it, so it's more than OK.

I wish TMS would time travel to July and back to let me know who won. Knowing it has already been decided makes the waiting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    I wish TMS would time travel to July and back to let me know who won. Knowing it has already been decided makes the waiting worse.
    I know what you mean. I still cling to hope, but the waiting is torture!

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    The 3 figures are obviously a Snake Evil Lyn (same Teela armor but in Green!), a Battleground Mighty Spector, and the grand winner of the Create a figure contest... Meet IPHONOS, mighty multitouch warrior.
    LOL.... Yeah, keep giving Mattel the good ideas.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

*Crossing fingers that it's an Org member...*
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Scott won the contest!!

A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Hmmmm true true well said Tall!
    Thanks, sir.

Another thing to consider is that, presumably, the winner doesn't get to approve or offer input on the sculpt; they would have absolutely no control over how the 4H translate their design into figure form. Certain specifications may be left out, misinterpreted -the character may get an undesirable looking face- and engineering may have to make some changes. Also bios - While Nathan was sent (e-mailed?) the bio in advance (I think they were willing to make changes too if he didn't like it?), Mattel might not do the same thing for the winner of this contest. They might end up changing something that was necessary to explaining the character or would have made it cooler to the folks here.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Really hope that it's one of my multiple entries or if not that it's at least an orger and awesome.....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Scott won the contest!!

That's so devious it might just be true!
    Last edited by vertigoink; February 24, 2012 at 10:33am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

as per twitter, a horseman was up late last night, sculpting the accessories for 3 figures (not clear if it's the same three)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Will Scott or the 4H at least tell us whether the fan created character is a male or female? By knowing this, I'll know whether to have my character comissioned as a custom and not wait for the SDCC reveal which is a long way aways, cause I really love my design and all the parts needed for the design are already released.

I think he meant are the other two NON 30th sculpts for this year- of which the answer is a resounding yes
    Yes, this is what I meant. Thanks for clarifying this! I'm excited to see what Sept - Dec has in store.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I have my expactations of this fan figure to be Batman's look, Wolverine's claws on a MOTUC buck with the Hulk's colour so I know I won't be disappointed by what it will actually be
    Here ya go, Big F. I used all my dark powers and contacts with the evil Mattel executives to get you your nightmare figure...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I want Dragoona!

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    Will Scott or the 4H at least tell us whether the fan created character is a male or female?
    That would be awesome. Some people only created one or the other, so this single detail would let a lot of people know where they stand.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    That would be awesome. Some people only created one or the other, so this single detail would let a lot of people know where they stand.
    ...AND if they answered "both" I would know that I won for certain!
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but there is a good chance that Dragon Blaster skeletor is one of them.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but there is a good chance that Dragon Blaster skeletor is one of them.
    Could be...

It would make sense since Higuchi's figure and the final mini-comic figure both share a relationship with Skeletor. (according to rumors on the net).

Heroic Warrior
    That's so devious it might just be true!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Scott won the contest!!

The fact that both of you said this makes me QUITE nervous.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

This is not insider information: I'm fairly certain Terry Higuchi's figure will be the son of Skeletor. I mean...he was mentioned in Battleground Evil-Lyn's bio and is an ENTIRELY new character...unless they make an NA character their son or something.

I really think Terry's character is the son of Skeletor though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

...I wonder which of my entries won...
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy