Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Horsemen are working on 3 MOTUC figures, one is the fan created winner!

The winner will be announced at our fan panel at SDCC. We have not notified the winner or the runner ups. All will find out at once at Mattypalooza 2012!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I would hope most of the org remembers that in general, especially in light of how certain people's "creations" have been treated.

Just because one design is from fans and one is from someone else does not mean that person deserves to be crapped on in a hurtful way
    What is more likely to happen is that people will pile on Scott for purposefully picking a design that makes his figure look better. Then people will complain about his ego. Then he will make some comments, some of which will be unclear, and some of which will be twisted out of context to support a conspiracy theory.

Whatever happens, I hope that Mattel is smart enough not to release images of the figures that were not selected. One of the unselected ones will undoubtedly emerge as a fan-favorite, adding yet more fuel to the conspiracy-against-the-fans theories that float around from time to time.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The winner will be announced at our fan panel at SDCC. We have not notified the winner or the runner ups. All will find out at once at Mattypalooza 2012!
    Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

cool thanks for the info!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm not shy TG, I'll be at SDCC to show off my winning figure.
    You just read a post from the head Honcho of Nerds On A Couch!

Good to know. Now I won't be worried if nobody contacts me on July 1st. Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the info, TG.

Do you think you could maybe tell us if it's a male or a female character? Many of us are hoping one way or the other, and this could allows us to get over any disappointment early enough to truly enjoy the figure for what it is whe the time comes.
    Aaron’s Top 10 (In Order):
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catra’s Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro

Ahhhh, very interesting! Well I'm excited to see who won, whoever it might be. Yes, I'd love for it to be me but I can't imagine how many amazing entries they must have gotten.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

I think this is a devious ploy to torture us for hatin' on Frosta. Toyguru will spend the next several months teasing us with mind-numblingly obscure hints that will drive us so insane we'll be mistaken for normal people.

Should be fun.

I know this may sound like a cheesy "it's an honour just to be nominated" kind of statement, but I personally think it's amazing to just be a part of this awesome contest! Having fun creating a new character and entering them in this contest. I know I was always a little bit jealous when I heard people talk about the 80's Create-A-Character contest and how they entered and have fond memories of it. Granted, I think I was born when Fearless Photog was announced as the winner, but it's cool to actually be around for it this time! History will be made!

It would be REALLY cool if it's someone from the .org that wins. Whomever does win...prepare for plenty of interviews! I bet all the podcasts and action figure news websites will want to talk with you.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    One could be a 200x character:
    Dekker, King Miro, Lord Dactys

or

One is a vintage Horde member, after Skeletor and King Hiss got more henchmen:
    Mantenna

or

One could be a vintage Heroic Warrior
    Clamp Champ for the end of the year would make sense, easy to make and after TP He-Man, the next vintage heroic.

Heroic Warrior
    It's weird lately how everyone seems to be thinking they are doing Clamp Champ- I can't imagine what would give anyone that idea!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Thanks for the info, TG.

Do you think you could maybe tell us if it's a male or a female character? Many of us are hoping one way or the other, and this could allows us to get over any disappointment early enough to truly enjoy the figure for what it is whe the time comes.
    I think they should announce the winner now for this very reason. There are going to be thousands of people that didn't win, which means thousands of sour grapes responses to the new figure. People could use the extra time to get over the loss and hopefully enjoy a new fan creation when it debuts. Plus, if the 4H have any questions for the creator, they could ask them directly instead of potentially heading in a creative direction the winner never intended.

And just for the record, I didn't enter, so I'm not trying to find out if I won or not.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Due to the NDA that I have just signed I can't talk anymore about this contest

Although I understand te suprize element, I would be nice if the winner would know beforehand.
    He/she could then decide to come to the SDCC and be there during the unveiling. He/ she could share the spotlight and give interviews on how cool it is to win the contest, etc. That sounds like good PR and promotion to me.
    Just thinking out loud here.
    Johan Eggink aka Eterniandreams

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Although I understand te suprize element, I would be nice if the winner would know beforehand.
    He/she could then decide to come to the SDCC and be there during the unveiling. He/ she could share the spotlight and give interviews on how cool it is to win the contest, etc. That sounds like good PR and promotion to me.
    That too. All I see are drawbacks to not notifying the winner now.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    It's weird lately how everyone seems to be thinking they are doing Clamp Champ- I can't imagine what would give anyone that idea!
    He hasn't been produced yet?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I think its a possibility that Clamp Champ will surface soon, with all the Big Hitters so far announced they need a D-Lister for this year (ala Snout Spout last year)

ka
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Heroic Warrior
    Clamp Champ would fit, because:

-A vintage D-List hero for the end of the year
    -easy to make ( TG mentioned in the NYTF-walkthrough video, that the rest of 2012 figures won't be 100% new sculpts)

TG also teased Dan, that we may not seen the last Snakemen figure for 2012 yet. So Rattlor would be a logical figure after the new sculpted Snakemen buck on the guard.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    He hasn't been produced yet?
    Actually that was me being a smart ass to everyone that threw the liar tag out.

Hey Krosfyah: Would you be able to quote Toyguru in the opening post just to keep all of the official info right up front for review? The only post so far is #101. Just an idea, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Something like that could be arranged for PowerCon, I suppose. To be honest, if it were me I'd be so happy with winning I wouldn't mind not actually being there.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Clamp Champ would fit, because:

-A vintage D-List hero for the end of the year
    -easy to make ( TG mentioned in the NYTF-walkthrough video, that the rest of 2012 figures won't be 100% new sculpts)

TG also teased Dan, that we may not seen the last Snakemen figure for 2012 yet. So Rattlor would be a logical figure after the new sculpted Snakemen buck on the guard.
    Both Clamp Champ and Rattlor fit within 2012?

So when do we get names?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    So when do we get names?

Meteorbs and Battleground Spector :O lol