Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 74 of 74

Thread: no female character for MOTUC 30th????

  1. #51
    Lord of Darkkbricks Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SF, CA
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Rampant generalization, or is that actually based on something? In case you hadn't noticed, most of the POP figures have sold out faster than many "hard core" MOTU figures like Man-E, who is at least as popular as everyone you named short of Rammy. Sales talk louder than baseless assumptions....
    First of all, do you know how many units were produced for each character? If you don't, you cannot accurately speculate that POP figures are actually more popular than hard core characters like Man-E-Faces simply because they were sold faster! Probably the amount of MEF units were twice as much! Nothing officially was announced as far as I can tell...
    Second of all, if we take Val's poll on the Star-Sisters, 40% percent of the fans weren't looking forward to them!!! Even a popular demanded figure by the fans like Shadow-Weaver didn't drive the 2012 subs up like anticipated! But also to be fair, maybe a multiple of factors were behind the low sub numbers...
    So unless you work for Mattel and know the correct numbers, you cannot just say my assumptions are baseless!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

  2. #52
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    29,675
    I could be wrong on this, but at one time I thought Toyguru said MOTU, POP, NA, 2002 etc. all sell about the same, except when it comes to the reissues, it's pretty much just the main characters that do well. This info. seems to gel with the sales numbers we were seeing during the Black Friday sale.

  3. #53
    Completely Serious. Bri-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    right behind you...
    Posts
    651
    whatever it is, male or female...i just hope it feels undeniably MOTU and is cool looking.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

  4. #54
    Casual Fan slackrguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,417
    If there is not a female in the 30th line, is that such a bad thing? I mean, I haven't exactly seen trends of overexuberance regarding some of the already revealed/reviled 30th figures.

    I've already received 4 never before released females this year out of the 5 female figures so far. That's pretty good numbers for the ladies in my book and we've plenty more to go. I personally like a ratio of one female for every 3-4 males in my MOTUC collection. I'm a big advocate for the ladies and Peekablue is my homegirl but I'd really like the line to not exceed 40% female 60% male. That is a personal worst-case-scenario. Female figures at about 30% of the line's make-up would be perfect for my collection.

    One thing that always made female figures stand out to me was the scarcity of them. It is also that scarcity that makes them special to me today. There are many MOTUC ladies to choose from especially now the cartoons are available. I do think that the male figures are the crutch of the line though. I personally like MOTUC having an Amazonian faction but I still need post-apocalyptic-techno-sorcery-barbarian-mutant-dystopian-primal males to keep me going a majority of the way.

    So, if the 30th anniversary has a lady I hope she brings some representation to the Snakemen faction. I do like the idea that every faction has at least one lass in it.

    These are just my personal preferences and how I like the ratios in my collection. I get that some folks prefer a 50-50 split but that would actually lessen the female figures for me.
    Last edited by slackrguy; February 24, 2012 at 02:55pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

    If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior Blaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,622
    I don't want to speak for anyone by saying this but imo, females are just as relevant to the mythos as the men are, and I'd be very angry if we ended up getting the likes of Dragstor, Extendor, Rio-Blast, Ninjor, Or Mosquitor (sorry pixel dan), without ever getting to the core POP ladies and maybe Shokoti, I.e. Glimmer Madame Razz, Scorpia, Angella, Castaspella. Arguably you can say Octavia is important too, but I put her with the C-listers, I'd love to get her but I wouldn't be heart broken if we didn't. Having said all that, if 30th Anniversary is just add on characters, I shouldn't really matter if we get a girl or not, these characters are basically wedged into our only mythos. They aren't cannon. I guess my apathetic attitude is due to me not purchasing the 30th sub, but if we were to get a character that's female like the picture SCB posted, I'd be reluctant to buy it because it doesn't resonate in my mythos. Male or Female in the 30th is just extra it shouldn't matter. However I think it would be nice for there to be a girl, but I doubt it'll happen.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

  6. #56
    Bring on MYP Sorceress! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I certainly would. It definitely has more of a Sword and Sorcery MOTU feel than most of the 30th Anniversary reveals so far.
    MYP Sorceress is a MUST HAVE figure for MOTUC!

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior Slave2Evil_Lyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,879
    The 30th Ann. line is the best chance we have a getting a female Snakewarrior to add to King Hissss army. In fact its also a chance to add any female "creature" type character. There are not many prominent female characters that are not a "super model" type, other then Octavia, Katrina, Scorpia, and Hunga. (Madame Razz while not a super model is not really a creature ether)
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,250
    No female?


  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,321
    I prefer real females for MY 33th anniversary, har har...

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    The 30th Ann. line is the best chance we have a getting a female Snakewarrior to add to King Hissss army. In fact its also a chance to add any female "creature" type character. There are not many prominent female characters that are not a "super model" type, other then Octavia, Katrina, Scorpia, and Hunga. (Madame Razz while not a super model is not really a creature ether)
    But a Female "creature" type would require a ton of new tooling, and this line is not what that's about. Probably another reason all the characters most likely will be male because of all the male options.

  11. #61
    Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    563
    Lucky for all of you!

    I submitted Wo-man: The Girliest man in the Universe!!!!!


    That should about cover it.

  12. #62
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    6,241
    What is the big deal about getting more female character? There are already several in motu, pop & others.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

  13. #63
    Casual Fan slackrguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    But a Female "creature" type would require a ton of new tooling, and this line is not what that's about. Probably another reason all the characters most likely will be male because of all the male options.
    Mmmm, I can see it not taking too much new tooling. For instance, a female snake warrior could have a snake face, body covered by a body suit (like MAA, Snout Spout, etc...), and snake hands. Most of her body would be covered so there would be no need to tool a new buck and the female buck could be shared.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

    If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,311
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    What is the big deal about getting more female character? There are already several in motu, pop & others.
    Well "several" isn't the same as enough. Also I for one thing that the brand could use more barbarian queen/monster/cyborg/anything female characters even with PoP and Filmation added. Sadly, that's exactly the kind that aren't likely to be added by CaC because they'd require new tooling.

  15. #65
    Angast's #1 fan Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    5,608
    I'm all for a female character in the Anniversary line. I'd love to have an equal balance of men and women characters in MOTUC.


    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Second of all, if we take Val's poll on the Star-Sisters, 40% percent of the fans weren't looking forward to them!!! Even a popular demanded figure by the fans like Shadow-Weaver didn't drive the 2012 subs up like anticipated! But also to be fair, maybe a multiple of factors were behind the low sub numbers...
    So unless you work for Mattel and know the correct numbers, you cannot just say my assumptions are baseless!
    You are actually using the Star Sisters to help prove your point?

    Just because someone didn't like the Star Sisters doesn't mean they don't like the other MOTUC ladies. There were a lot of factors why a large number of fans were not happy with the Star Sisters including price, design, and quite frankly most fans didn't even know who they were. The fact that they were female had little to do with the negativity towards them.

  16. #66
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    6,241
    This is just me, but I feel that men should outweigh woman as warriors. Fighting characters.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

  17. #67
    Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    7,339
    I know some of you all would rather just cut out the males in this line. (That feeling is really coming off like that on some of you) But this is He-man and the Masters of the Universe. (And yes, we are recovering from a POP 3 pack) Right now, we don't know anything about the chosen winner. But as far as the Male and Female ration, I think things are good. Again, we just had a shot of 3 females injected into us. We have a Sorceress arriving, yet that isn't good enough?

    Things are good in the ratios. Let it be.

    Again, this is a guy who submitted a female heroic character.
    You just read a post from the head Honcho of Nerds On A Couch!

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior Tribal Spaceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales, UK
    Posts
    602
    Actually this is Masters Of The Universe Classics, a toy line where "All your favorite characters from the worlds of He-Man® and She-Ra™ come to life as highly-detailed, fully-articulated action figures."

    See that? They get equal billing.

    Sadly this has not been the case when it comes to toy releases, and things have been heavily biased towards MOTU characters. This was not their intention, though. ToyGuru's posts on MattyCollector have recently explained that this was done because those characters required less tooling than the likes of the PoP or NA characters. That isn't necessarily the case now, and we are going to see more females in this line over the next few years. That's a fact.

    Embrace it! They're all part of the same universe. And they're all bloody awesome characters too. I love the diversity in this toy line so much, it's what made me start collecting. If it wasn't for such characters MOTUC wouldn't be half as popular.

    I do wish at least one of the new characters was a female, of course I do. A new Heroic Warrior, Snake Woman, robot pirate-ess or something like that would be a great addition to this toy line. After all, many of the greatest sci-fi and fantasy characters of all time have been girls.

    I live in Wales so was unable to enter the contest. It's a shame as I'm sure you would have loved "Ho-Bag: Special Friend of Hordak".

  19. #69
    Lord of Darkkbricks Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SF, CA
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I'm all for a female character in the Anniversary line. I'd love to have an equal balance of men and women characters in MOTUC.




    You are actually using the Star Sisters to help prove your point?

    Just because someone didn't like the Star Sisters doesn't mean they don't like the other MOTUC ladies. There were a lot of factors why a large number of fans were not happy with the Star Sisters including price, design, and quite frankly most fans didn't even know who they were. The fact that they were female had little to do with the negativity towards them.
    Sigh, you clearly are taking my argument out of context there. I was giving an example of the POP female figures being not as popular as some of you keep claiming!... It has nothing to do with the female figures in general. As a matter of fact I'm a big supporter of the major/lead female figures in this line including their variants, however, I don't feel the same way towards the unknown female characters including the B and C listed characters who appeared in the cartoons or comics at this stage... I'd rather see more of the known male dominant warriors, simply because they keep this line alive and more interesting...

    I know many of here are passionate about POP and female oriented characters in this medium and I respect that, however I don't think most of us here are as passionate as you guys keep thinking!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior danvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    244
    TG said there would be more Snake Men coming. i'm really hoping for a female Snake Warrior! that's actually the only reason i got the 30th sub.

    if they tool new scaly parts (arms, legs) for a Snake Woman, they can reuse them for Octavia or Snake Teela!

  21. #71
    We can choose these? Matthew K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    TG said there would be more Snake Men coming. i'm really hoping for a female Snake Warrior! that's actually the only reason i got the 30th sub.

    if the tool new scaly parts (arms, legs) for a Snake Woman, they can reuse them for Octavia or Snake Teela!
    I would love that. I could really go for a Snake Woman figure. Maybe they could even re-use some the scale arms and legs as Marlena's 2002 battle armor. I designed a snake themed female warrior for the contest, but never submitted it.

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,204
    Why is no one mentioning the Shadow Beast? That's totally a female. I was engaged to her daughter for a while.

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior danvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    I would love that. I could really go for a Snake Woman figure. Maybe they could even re-use some the scale arms and legs as Marlena's 2002 battle armor. I designed a snake themed female warrior for the contest, but never submitted it.
    that's a great idea! and the Snake Woman's armor could be the same/repaint for Zilora.

  24. #74
    Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Cool! Did you make this?
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •