Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which celebrity faces would you like the MOTUC characters to be based on?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

Which celebrity faces would you like the MOTUC characters to be based on?

After people saying Icarius/Flipshot looked a lot like Val Kilmer, I got to thinking... Even though Mattel can't actually do it for legal reasons, would it be a fun idea to discuss whether any other celebrities faces may be suitable for certain characters?

Especially if the celebrity has something in common with the MOTUC character..

EG: Katy Perry had a Peacock costume for one of her concerts, so they could base Peekablue's face on her,

Huntara was kind of Filmation's homage to Grace Jones, so her face would work for Huntara...

Anybody think of any more?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I was disappointed by the Val Kilmer head on Flipshot because that character always had shaggy hair and seemed younger. Save a makeover like that for Tuskador or Hydron as they looked goofy without their helmets IMO. Otherwise if they can make figures look as much like the toys or the cartoon, I'd prefer that more than surprise celebrity guest shots. Huntara is easy though, she was already modeled to look like Jones.

I want a Dolph Lundgren sculpt head complete with mullet for Laser Power He-Man. And I would love a Conan/Schwarzenegger head for Wun-Dar.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Huntara was kind of Filmation's homage to Grace Jones, so her face would work for Huntara...

Anybody think of any more?
    This would be the ONLY case where I would find this kind of thing acceptable and only because the original design of Huntara was a tribute to the likeness. I want MOTU characters to have unique faces. I realize that sometimes there is no denying a resemblence to a real person, but I do NOT want it done on purpose.

Back when the Marvel Legends line was with Toy Biz, a lot of the sculptors patterned character faces off a real people and it is still very distracting. I don't have Angel from the X-men, I have Brad Pitt in Angel's costume.

No mi gusta.
    Most Wanted: Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Ileena, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Lodar, King Tamusk, Hunga the Harpy, King Micah, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    None? I don't have any interest in seeing any figures based off of celebrities.

HD figures on youtube
    I get sick of celebrities being shoved down my throat by the media the way it is without them being in MOTUC. I guess Eternia does have some celebrities though..Like the Royal Family, Man-E-Faces, and you KNOW He-Man & Skeletor always has the Eternian press on their toes!

I'm tired of it myself, nothing anywhere is celebrity free anymore, and even somehow non celebrities are celebrities. There is nothing on TV anymore unless you like mindless reality shows & copies of other shows that have been on for a while, and even the ones on those shows have celebrities made of them....since when do stars and celebs come from the History Channel? All you have to do anymore is make a sex tape or go on Youtube or be on TV for 5 seconds, and you're a celebrity now. An easy pass for my for MOTUC being celebrity infiltrated, no thanks.

Look at Dancing With The Stars....since when were stars newscasters, sports annalists, talk show hosts, business CEO's & Astronauts? I certainly don't want a Buzz Aldrin, Kathy Griffith, Kardashian, Steve Wozniack or Tim Tebow MOTUC looking me in the face everytime I look at my collection. There are plenty of other characters to be made that have their own faces and personalities without throwing celebs into it. Hey I like Val Kilmer, Mel Gibson & Tim Allen, but I don't want my MOTUC looking like them.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yeah, erm, none thanks!

Oh wait... no, no, that wouldn't work. So, no, none!

People I consider worthy of their face immortalised in plastic don't really count as "celebrity" anyway; a Prof. Stephen Hawking action figure somehow wouldn't work so well!
    Filmation style means Filmation stye!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    No one.
    I like my MOTU to look like toys and not some creepy approximation of a real human.

Quote Originally Posted by Exinferis View Post
    a Prof. Stephen Hawking action figure somehow wouldn't work so well!
    Incorrect! He works with 100% awesomeness!

Most Wanted: Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Ileena, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Lodar, King Tamusk, Hunga the Harpy, King Micah, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

I've said this before, but Castaspella IS Kate Pierson from The B-52's!!
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

outside a dolph lundgren or the guy that played Detective Lubic from the movie i don't care for any celebrity look alike's in motuc.

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Chelsea Handler, Brad Pitt, Ke$ha, Billy Zane, to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    I get sick of celebrities being shoved down my throat by the media the way it is without them being in MOTUC.
    Yeah me too, I hate watching a cg cartoon movie "making of", and how it's aaaaall about actors while the voice part is about the easiest aspect (not saying is easy, though I doubt is particularly hard, everything else has to be harder, modeling, skinning, rigging, animating, physics calculation for wreckage, fluids etc).

Buuuut since we have a Batman actor, I want Michael Keaton, he he he.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I want a Dolph Lundgren sculpt head complete with mullet for Laser Power He-Man. And I would love a Conan/Schwarzenegger head for Wun-Dar.
    This makes a LOT of sense, I hope they do that. I also hope the skin tone resembles that of a normal harness He-man fig, so the head can be used with it.

A face sculpt I'd also like is one based off the He-man from the power tour, Jack... I forgot his last name, but made a great He-man.

All this said, no tom Cruise, no angelina Jolie, no johnny Depp, no lady gaga or anything like that.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    My sister thinks that Casta looks like Carrie Fisher.

She's wrong, of course.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    WHY would you say this???

Madonna & Christina should get their own figures.

Faces? Fairuza Balk, Melinda Clarke...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    WHY would you say this???
    Big red hair!
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

I wouldn't mind a King Miro figure with a bearded Kirk Douglas face sculpt
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Incorrect! He works with 100% awesomeness!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...n20Hawking.jpg
    Now, if that weren't a weird Simpsons approximation of Prof. Hawking, I'd buy that in a heartbeat!
    Filmation style means Filmation stye!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Big red hair!
    Ron Wesley also has big red hair, I wouldn't say he was perfect for Castaspella.

None. Please.

I mean, borrowing a nose or something would be okay, just no total overall face-copying.
    Where's the rest of the Vintage New Adventures?
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Hoove, Chef Allen, Catra variants, Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker, Shecky

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    None. Please.
    Seconded. The only time I like seeing celebrity faces on action figures, is when they are based on the live-action series or movies. "Mark Hammil" Prince Adam's face wasn't well received from my recollection.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

We already have Rob Zombie, Val Kilmer and Toy Guru.. I think we can stop with those. I would hate to have celeb look alikes in my collection. Last thing I need is a 200x Prince Adam looking like Justin Bieber!! NO CELEBRITY FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MILK-MAN View Post
    We already have Rob Zombie, Val Kilmer and Toy Guru.. I think we can stop with those. I would hate to have celeb look alikes in my collection. Last thing I need is a 200x Prince Adam looking like Justin Bieber!! NO CELEBRITY FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm gonna say no thank you too. Val Kilmer is enough---I would like to get a cartoon accurate head for flipshot someday too.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.