Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So who is going to SD Comic Con 2012?

So who is going to SD Comic Con 2012?

Not me apparently since 4 day and Saturday passes are already sold out and I'm still in line . Was really looking forward to going this year to see what Val had in mind for the .Org get together and the exclusives Mattel was doing. Now I'm going to be resentful reading about those of you who got in somehow

Nevermind...Friday and Saturday are sold out.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

I'm going Thursday and Friday. I wanted Saturday too but the link in my email didn't work so it set me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredgen View Post
    I'm going Thursday and Friday. I wanted Saturday too but the link in my email didn't work so it set me back.
    Same problem for me except it REALLY set me back so I got nothing. It's like Matty is running this Con. Not a fan of either company.

My brother was able to get tickets for both of us, 4-day with preview night. We were very fortunate as he was number 3,000 in line from the start. They sold out of everything in 1 hour and 20 minutes. That is just crazy. This gets more insane every year and I can only see them continuing to raise ticket prices to try to curb demand slightly.

I'm going all 4 days, but that's only because I waited in line at 3am last year at the Con. It's absolutely ridiculous. I hear they aren't selling passes at the Con this year, so next year will be a crap shoot. I dunno. Maybe it's just not worth it anymore, except that the exclusives from the likes of Hasbro are almost impossible to get anywhere else for the sane price.

The thing is, though...with all the stuff going on downtown outside of the Con, it's almost worth just coming to do the outside the center events, like the .org get together and such. The Con sure has changed since my first time going at the Civic Center, and not necessarily for the better, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    My brother was able to get tickets for both of us, 4-day with preview night. We were very fortunate as he was number 3,000 in line from the start. They sold out of everything in 1 hour and 20 minutes. That is just crazy. This gets more insane every year and I can only see them continuing to raise ticket prices to try to curb demand slightly.
    Totally CRAZY! And let me just say how ticked I'm going to be if Scott uses the "we want to reward fans who come to SDCC" to justify any 'only at the Con exclusives. Just getting tickets to the Con is a HUGE reward.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Same problem for me except it REALLY set me back so I got nothing. It's like Matty is running this Con. Not a fan of either company.
    Same here. Really ****** about the link screw up. Now I know to just go straight to the main site next year. The wife was so looking forward to going too.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

I got 4 days with preview night. Can't wait!

I'll be there on saturday.Hope to meet some orgers

Heroic Warrior
    me and the bf will be there for four days... hope to meet up with you guys at some point!

Another year that I couldn't get tickets, big let down.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm out for this year. I go every other year. I don't know how you guys can go every year. Who go every year can afford it. Last year I spent over 2k. I got to save up for next year. I am debating on the power con.
    You just read a post from the head Honcho of Nerds On A Couch!

Movie mayhem!
    Didn't get tickets either. Really disappointed about it.
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I don't know how you guys can go every year. Who go every year can afford it. Last year I spent over 2k. I got to save up for next year. I am debating on the power con.
    I can't believe how expensive going to SDCC is for most people. I'm very fortunate in that my brother moved to San Diego a few years ago so I have a free place to stay and free transportation. I usually use reward miles to pay for most of my airfare so the trip is really cheap for me. I think you should definitely go to Power-Con since you can't make it to SDCC. That one sounds like a blast, but I will probably pass on it since I'm going to Comic-Con. I can't really justify both to the wife this year.

ill be around for volunteering, but not exactly sure what dates yet. is there a separate thread already for the .org meetup? id be interested in that, but dont see anything about it.
    chris said me

I got in the "Epic waiting room" right at 10 am (central) and was number 2866. Despite that insane number I was lucky enough to get a 4 day with preview night pass. I'm bummed not everyone could get a pass
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Got Thursday and Friday badges. This is the first time in 9 years that we haven't gotten 4-day with preview night badges. We've always just bought our badges for the following year at the show, but they ***** that system up last year with this BS. I don't understand why they had to mess with what worked for all these years. Eff you SDCC, how I loathe and love you..

Not me, due to whole email link debacle. I figured out the issue maybe after 5min (11:05 est) and was # 22200 and by the time I got to the front only Thursday and Sunday were left and me and girlfriend figured its not worth all the money just to go for 2 days. But I will try again during re-sale but my hopes are not high. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Not me apparently since 4 day and Saturday passes are already sold out and I'm still in line . Was really looking forward to going this year to see what Val had in mind for the .Org get together and the exclusives Mattel was doing. Now I'm going to be resentful reading about those of you who got in somehow
    As we get a bit a closer, I'm going to do something where we organize Org Outings to do things other than attend the convention for those who are interested. Even if you can make it into the show, there are other things to do and the get together is always a lot of fun. So I think the trip is still worth considering.

Val, did you get tickets or are you able to get in with professional registration?

Pro registration.

Good deal. Hopefully I can make it to the He-man.org get together. Will you be revealing any special guests or surprises in advance or do we need to wait for the night of the event?

I'm going to announce the plans probably mid-March.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    As we get a bit a closer, I'm going to do something where we organize Org Outings to do things other than attend the convention for those who are interested. Even if you can make it into the show, there are other things to do and the get together is always a lot of fun. So I think the trip is still worth considering.
    That's pretty *** cool of you to do that for those guys (I'm on the East Coast) but as I'm tearing through all the podcasts I hear how you guys roll; you guys have truly made me dedicate more time into this thing you all got going on here! KUDOS!!!