Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Official Catch-All Pro-Wrestling Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I really only got into doing independent wrestling kind of by accident, long after I'd given up on it ever happening. Go figure!
    I wish I had more of an effort and got into it after college. But there isn't much of an independent wrestling scene in Ireland.

Yeah, location is everything. If I didn't live in NJ I wouldn't have managed to do half of the stuff I've done. Both because there's a million companies here (TOO many, to be completely honest) but because literally everyone passes through here at some point.

NJ and Florida are like the two hotbeds of indy wrestling in the U.S. There are scattered pockets all over the place but most of the "big stuff" is focused on those two areas.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Where is Daniel Bryan going to land? https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoe...e-move-to-aew/

I had a match this past Sunday. I was hoping to have a video up by now but my wife's been taking her sweet time with it as usual.

Nothing fancy, a buddy of mine runs a school down near Philly and he asked me to come down and pitch in on a student show. Worked the first singles match on the card, simple stuff, basically just took turns working the arm and then went home in about 6 minutes.

The one funny part was at the beginning, he backed me into a corner out of the lockup and slapped the hell outta me, got me right in the eye. I knew he didn't mean it, but still, you gotta do the thing, so when I got him in the corner for the Macho Man Jabs I laid the first one in HARD, split both his lip AND my knuckle open. He took a powder for a bit to the outside but then we got back on track.

Soon as I got to the back he came at me with a big hug like "DUDE, I totally didn't mean to come in so high on that slap, that's all my fault, man, I'm sorry," and I'm like "Eh, it happens, man." Then he's like, "You give a helluva 'receipt', though," and I'm just like, "Yep." He's like "I thought the rest of them were gonna come in hot, too," and I'm like "Nah, one-for-one is fine, don't gotta get crazy out there."

Good stuff, we might have a rematch in June, we'll see what shakes loose. I also did pretty good on merch considering it was a small crowd. There's a bunch of shows coming up so it was good for shaking the rust off. I'm not gonna be wrestling on all of them but it's better to be ready just in case, anyway. As of right now the plan is for me to do ringside commentary on the shows I'm not booked to wrestle on. Kind of a Roddy Piper deal; keep my character out there, get the angles over, stuff like that. Works for me.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Where is Daniel Bryan going to land? https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoe...e-move-to-aew/
    At this point in his career he would be better off going to AEW or even NJPW.
    He has done pretty much all there is to do in WWE and held all the titles and wrestled almost everyone on the roster.
    If he goes to AEW or NJPW there is a lot more potential for new and exciting matches with lots of talent he has never had the chance to wrestle before.

I suppose Bryan could maybe go to AEW for a year or two. He could do Japan for a few months if he takes his family with him. That might get his exploratory juices flowing without having to sign with a main competitor. He should be able to get a Shawn Michaels type contract from the WWE that will limit his appearances, though. I doubt he'd ever have to do regular house shows again if those ever return. I'm still surprised they put him in the main event of Wrestlemania this year and flipped Edge so soon. They could have easily put him in a match with Rollins and/or Cesaro instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I suppose Bryan could maybe go to AEW for a year or two. He could do Japan for a few months if he takes his family with him. That might get his exploratory juices flowing without having to sign with a main competitor. He should be able to get a Shawn Michaels type contract from the WWE that will limit his appearances, though. I doubt he'd ever have to do regular house shows again if those ever return. I'm still surprised they put him in the main event of Wrestlemania this year and flipped Edge so soon. They could have easily put him in a match with Rollins and/or Cesaro instead.
    I suspect that putting him in the main event was a way to convince him to stay with the company.
    Although even if he leaves it's pretty cool he was in the main event of the biggest wrestling show. Most other stars who are leaving/considering leaving usually get relegated to being jobbed out to other talent or just left off PPV and TV until their contract runs out.

I also think putting Edge in the main event and having him win the Rumble was an odd decission.

Heroic Warrior
    Went to a local indy show last night here in Iowa.

My first local indy show since 2/29/2020 (leap day). And that's how I can remember it. Cause it was on leap day.

In person wrestling as a whole is not back but I suppose it was a first step.

The wrestlers wore masks to the ring and maybe when they were working the floor. Not sure was really paying attention.

Can't really say the company took precautions but then it was an anniversary show.

At a quick and obvious look more didn't have masks on than did have masks on. Guess they got a shot. Who am I to judge or ask? Not interested in going all "kevin" (that's a male "karen" right?) on them.

Now the company has been having matches but no live audiences, minimal crew and on facebook.

I'm debating about going to a Hall of Fame signing with the family in July here in our state. Sgt. Slaughter, Mark Henry, Ken Shamrock, and Trish Stratus are all supposed to be there. It will be interesting to see if all show up. We want to meet Sgt. Slaughter in particular. Even though there is debate about whether he actually was ever in the military, my wife still likes him since her late father was in the military and they look somewhat similar. The kids like him because of G.I. Joe.

Heroic Warrior
    I've never been there. I'm always seeing stuff about it. Especially starting around this time of the year.

I THINK the issue is the mixing of the character/gimmick and the real life person.

Did the real person, Robert Remus, do those things. Sounds like he didn't.

Did the gimmick/character do those things. Yes.

And I think it's there where the fans are just assuming one did the other.

I'm baffled as why as people are surprised? I suppose that's the beauty and to an extent the goal to blur the line. To make the character believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm debating about going to a Hall of Fame signing with the family in July here in our state. Sgt. Slaughter, Mark Henry, Ken Shamrock, and Trish Stratus are all supposed to be there. It will be interesting to see if all show up. We want to meet Sgt. Slaughter in particular. Even though there is debate about whether he actually was ever in the military, my wife still likes him since her late father was in the military and they look somewhat similar. The kids like him because of G.I. Joe.