Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Official Catch-All Pro-Wrestling Thread.

Wow! That's really cool! That was last night, right?
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Wow! That's really cool! That was last night, right?
    Yep, last night's episode on the "Moment of Bliss" segment. He came out with No Way Jose's party line.

- - - Updated - - -

WWE Pixelmania continues, lol.

Dan tried to break up Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair's brawl on SmackDown tonight.

Over the moon to see The Hart Foundation inducted in this years WWE HOF, long time coming and well deserved.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Over the moon to see The Hart Foundation inducted in this years WWE HOF, long time coming and well deserved.
    10000% agree!!! hope Jimmy does the induction speech !!
    "The worst horror movie i saw last year...was the best movie i saw last year"- Stephan King

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    10000% agree!!! hope Jimmy does the induction speech !!
    Yeah I think it will be Jimmy inducting with Bret and Natalya (on behalf of her Dad) accepting.

Wanted:

Heroic Warrior
    I went to WM 25-28

WM 35 , gonna see :

HHH vs Batista
    Bryan vs Kingston
    Angle vs
    Lesnar vs

Hope they will be decent
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Wow the Pete Dunne vs Walter match at NXT Takeover New York was great, looking forward to the rematch.

Enjoyed the HoF but I don't like new set up. Doing it in a ring instead of on a stage makes it seems less prestigious. The fan attacking Bret Hart was so disgraceful and disrespectful. It was actually a little upsetting to watch. He handled it well though and make a joke of it being like a heel tag team in the 80's.
    No celebrity inductee this year. I wonder if the Cyndi Lauper rumours were true and it fell through for some reason. I cant believe she's not in yet. She's more worthy then most of the celebrity inductees.

Wanted:

I thought that was a pretty strong Wrestlemania last night. The main event was fantastic and well worth staying up until 12:30pm for. So glad Becky Lynch won! There wasn't one person in that match who didn't deserve to be there or who didn't deserve to win but Becky has taken things to a whole other level recently.

Also, thank goodness Brock finally lost the Universal. Seth is incredible and has been one of my favorites for a few years now. It wasn't the best match (Brock matches rarely are) but the outcome was great. If Brock doesn't show back up again I won't miss anything.

The feels of the night though was Kofi winning. Man, great match with him and Daniel Bryan. Seeing the camaraderie of the New Day and then Kofi's family joining him in the ring was just so heartwarming to watch. Those guys are something special in WWE!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    HHH vs Batista (yeah , I know....HHHs ego etc. But it was decent imo)
    Bryan vs Kingston (havent seen yet)
    Angle vs (Angle deserved much better than this)
    Lesnar vs (ditto)

Heroic Warrior
    20 yrs ago : Owen Hart RIP

Poor guy

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    WOW! NO ONE is talking about AEW???

You guys are dropping the ball......

I watched it, good show.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

I wanted to check it out.. but couldn't get that fight ap on my tv..and wasnt paying the $65 for a ppv...

but read the reviews and saw a few screen shots... good on them.!!!. cant wait till their tv show airs!!
    "The worst horror movie i saw last year...was the best movie i saw last year"- Stephan King

Double Or Nothing was a great show. Maybe the best wrestling PPV of the year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Double Or Nothing was a great show. Maybe the best wrestling PPV of the year so far.
    Dustin & Cody stole the show....I'll bet Dusty was looking down and feeling proud....

And funny WWE made them both dress up as a bunch of clowns...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Dustin & Cody stole the show....I'll bet Dusty was looking down and feeling proud....

And funny WWE made them both dress up as a bunch of clowns...
    Dustin and Cody were definitely the match of the night...and that is a real accomplishment considering every match was good.
    Dustin was really under used in WWE...although I know he had issues which was probably a big reason for it.
    Giving Cody the Stardust gimmick just shows WWE's lack of creativity. Just recycling old gimmicks and same predictable story lines. Ithink there will definitely be a few more WWE stars heading to AEW soon.
    Come to think of it Dusty himself didn't have the best WWF career. Some people just have better careers in other promotions.

Dustin and Cody were definitely the match of the night...and that is a real accomplishment considering every match was good.
    Dustin was really under used in WWE...although I know he had issues which was probably a big reason for it.
    Giving Cody the Stardust gimmick just shows WWE's lack of creativity. Just recycling old gimmicks and same predictable story lines. Ithink there will definitely be a few more WWE stars heading to AEW soon.
    Come to think of it Dusty himself didn't have the best WWF career. Some people just have better careers in other promotions.
    Yea some "fans" think that WWE is the only promotion in the world for god's sake (Think outside the box) we got TNA,ROH,AEW,NJPW,Luca Underground to name a few.......And people keep forgetting that the NWA is still around they are the oldest wrestling promotion in the world and most people forgot that..

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Yea some "fans" think that WWE is the only promotion in the world for god's sake (Think outside the box) we got TNA,ROH,AEW,NJPW,Luca Underground to name a few.......And people keep forgetting that the NWA is still around they are the oldest wrestling promotion in the world and most people forgot that..
    I have always been a wrestling fan but I must admit around 2001-2004 I took quite a break from watching wrestling. I got back into watching wrestling due to a Sky channel in the UK that showed all sorts of non-WWE wrestling. TNA ROH, CZW, 3PW, NWA, World of Sport, NJPW etc. Even then I didn't start paying much attention to what WWE was doing until around 2007/2008.
    Competition is good for the wrestling business. Just like when there was WWF, WCW and ECW.
    There is only so many places on a roster and only so many can main event etc.
    If talents think they aren't being used right and could do better else where at least they now have more options.
    The last couple years WWE have made some very bad mistakes with some talents. Just look at Asuka losing to Flair at Wrestlemania.

i think the guys booking the show for the WWE just dont under stand wrestling.. and Vince.. well.. hes losing it..

AEW is can only be good for the business all around..

Chris here...

I missed out on Double Or Nothing but all the clips I've seen from it look amazing. The fact that they've got Jim Ross on commentary is an instant win for me! I'm told that a weekly AEW show will be coming soon and that it will be airing in the UK on ITV, so I will 100% be keeping my eye out for that!

I still like WWE but the commentary team I think is a shadow of what it was even when I started watching a few years ago - Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler & JBL had good chemistry and added drama to the matches, whereas I don't get the same vibe off of the present day commentary team. For me the ultimate combo is Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross!

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    Chris here...

I missed out on Double Or Nothing but all the clips I've seen from it look amazing. The fact that they've got Jim Ross on commentary is an instant win for me! I'm told that a weekly AEW show will be coming soon and that it will be airing in the UK on ITV, so I will 100% be keeping my eye out for that!

I still like WWE but the commentary team I think is a shadow of what it was even when I started watching a few years ago - Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler & JBL had good chemistry and added drama to the matches, whereas I don't get the same vibe off of the present day commentary team. For me the ultimate combo is Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross!

Take care...
    That will be great showing AEW on ITV. Just like back in the early 90's when they used to show WCW.

Completely agree about the WWE commentary team. Very bland compared to the legends who had such passion calling the matches. It all sounds so watered down and PG friendly and scripted. You can tell they are being prompted to say certain lines.

That will be great showing AEW on ITV. Just like back in the early 90's when they used to show WCW.
    Wow really, I dont remember WCW airing in the UK at all and I was a huge WWF fan in the late 80's/early-mid 90's.

But yeah if AEW will be on ITV then I'll definitely be watching it.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Wow really, I dont remember WCW airing in the UK at all and I was a huge WWF fan in the late 80's/early-mid 90's.

But yeah if AEW will be on ITV then I'll definitely be watching it.
    WCW used to be on ITV every Saturday around 1992.
    It also used to be on Channel 5 around 1999 to 2000 but we didn't receive it in this area.
    It was on a Sky channel, Turner Movies/TNT . They used to show Niro and Thunder but not the PPVs.
    Back in May/June of 1999 we got a second hand Sky system and satellite dish and luckily WCW was on one of the free channels. Watched it every week until they stopped showing it around September 2000. Not that mattered much as the company was in a bad state then bought by WWF ih Marchz/April 2001.

I loved wrestling but I only got to see WCW on TV and some WWFvideos my cousin had. I had a fewwrestling figures but I wasn't to bothered about them as they didn't move very much.
    Some friends during high school got me interested in it again. Also wrestling action figures greatly improved so I started collecting them.

When they showed wcw on channel 5 they had batman style kapow graphics over things like chair shots