Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Official Catch-All Pro-Wrestling Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    When they showed wcw on channel 5 they had batman style kapow graphics over things like chair shots
    LOL I had forgot about that. I recall seeing it once or twice at my cousins house. They had Channel 5.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Wow really, I dont remember WCW airing in the UK at all and I was a huge WWF fan in the late 80's/early-mid 90's.

But yeah if AEW will be on ITV then I'll definitely be watching it.
    And funny it's going to be on TNT Like WCW Nitro was....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    And funny it's going to be on TNT Like WCW Nitro was....
    But at least Vince Russo and Ed Ferrera won't be working for AEW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Come to think of it Dusty himself didn't have the best WWF career. Some people just have better careers in other promotions.
    Vince seems to punish some wrestlers for being in other promotions. His putting Dusty in pokkadots and Ricky Steamboat in a dragon costume was beyond stupid.
    I think it is time to explore the mythos beyond the time of SOH, or maybe I will eat a taco, either way I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro Eats Soup View Post
    Vince seems to punish some wrestlers for being in other promotions. His putting Dusty in pokkadots and Ricky Steamboat in a dragon costume was beyond stupid.
    I recall reading Vince had big plans for Steamboat when he won the IC title, but shortly after that Steamboat wanted time off to be with his wife and son which put an end to his push. He went back to NWA/WCW but returned to WWF in the early 90's during the gimmick boom.
    I first seen Dusty on a VHS of Wrestlemania 6 in 1999. I was quite surprised a few years later when I got to see his older matches from the NWA/WCW.
    Supposedly Vince and WWE do not like people boasting or priding themselves on their achievements outside of WWE. But that's debatable as there are a few they always bring up their achievements outside of WWE.

- - - Updated - - -

Super Showdown was for the most part an uneventful joke.

Usos vs The Revival: Okay match, quite short, nothing we haven't seen before.

Seth Rollins vs Baron Corbin: Again okay match, pretty predictable overall.

Finn Balor vs Andrade: Best match of the show.

Roman Reigns vs Shane McMahon: Boring and predictable. Shane is and was always a terrible wrestler and should not be wrestling. The authority figure angles need to stop.

Lars Sullivan vs Lucha House Party: Again predictable and not much of a match.

Thriple H vs Randy Orton: Good match but went on far too long. The right person won. But again how many times has this match been done since 2005...

Braun Strowman vs Bobby Lashley: Okay match.

Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler: Very good match. Nice to see Ziggler back in the title picture.

50 Man Battle Royal: Somewhat pointless. Hopefully they build Manssor after his win.

Undertaker vs Goldberg: This would have been a good match 15-20 years ago...not now when they are both way past their prime. Worst match on the show and maybe the worst match of both men's careers.
    Last edited by Mark M; June 10, 2019 at 11:57am.

But at least Vince Russo and Ed Ferrera won't be working for AEW.
    Yes Thank God......

Yes Thank God......
    The stuff he did in WCW was crazy bad. Same with TNA. The ''Reverse Battle Royal'' still ranks highly among the worst matches and gimmicks in wrestling.

Having said that WWE is getting a lot like 90's WCW.

WWE has the same boring part timers long past their prime in the main events. While incredible talent are stuck in the mid card or being jobbers.

Not to mention terrible writing and gimmicks.

I recall reading Vince had big plans for Steamboat when he won the IC title, but shortly after that Steamboat wanted time off to be with his wife and son which put an end to his push. He went back to NWA/WCW but returned to WWF in the early 90's during the gimmick boom.
    I'm talking about when he came back to WWF. He had just come off of one of the greatest feuds in wrestling history, in the NWA with Rick Flair. What did Vince do to capitalize on his popularity? Put him in a stupid dragon costume at the bottom of the midcard.
    Last edited by He-Ro Eats Soup; June 8, 2019 at 04:29pm.
    I think it is time to explore the mythos beyond the time of SOH, or maybe I will eat a taco, either way I'm good.

I'm talking about when he came back to WWF. He had just come off of one of the greatest feuds in wrestling history, in the NWA with Rick Flair. What did Vince do to capitalize on his popularity? Put him in a stupid dragon costume at the bottom of the midcard.
    Yes after all those great title matches with Flair was stuck in WWF's mid card at best. I think he was only there a year or two before going back to WCW. At least back there he had more great matches with Flair, Rude and Austin.

The stuff he did in WCW was crazy bad. Same with TNA. The ''Reverse Battle Royal'' still ranks highly among the worst matches and gimmicks in wrestling.

Having said that WWE is getting a lot like 90's WCW.

WWE has the same boring part timers long past their prime in the main events. While incredible talent are stuck in the mid card or being jobbers.

Not to mention terrible writing and gimmicks.
    Yes isn't it funny the people that hated WCW are now looking at the 2019 version as WWE now....

WCW went downhill about (Russo era) 97-99, but early and mid 90's they were far better than WWF. It was the best of the NWA/AWA plus a bunch of big name talent taken from the WWF. While the product was not as good in the late 90's, it did not actually drive itself out of business. The reason WCW went away was the AOL Time/Warner merger. The high ups at the new company simply did not want to be in wrestling. Had that not happened we would probably still be watching WCW today. I cannot in any sense imagine a situation like that happening with the WWE. What could happen is something similar to what happened to them in the early to mid 90's or what happened to the AWA in the mid 80's. But the WCW thing was more about a corporate merger than a poor product.

WCW went downhill about (Russo era) 97-99, but early and mid 90's they were far better than WWF. It was the best of the NWA/AWA plus a bunch of big name talent taken from the WWF. While the product was not as good in the late 90's, it did not actually drive itself out of business. The reason WCW went away was the AOL Time/Warner merger. The high ups at the new company simply did not want to be in wrestling. Had that not happened we would probably still be watching WCW today. I cannot in any sense imagine a situation like that happening with the WWE. What could happen is something similar to what happened to them in the early to mid 90's or what happened to the AWA in the mid 80's. But the WCW thing was more about a corporate merger than a poor product.
    I don't know, WCW's ratings dropped and never over took WWF after the ''finger poke of doom'' in early 99. When Russo took over around October 99 most of the stuff they were doing was laughable compared to WWF and even ECW,
    WCW merchandise like toys and video games also were not selling great.
    But then again I only watched up to around September 2000 when it stopped broadcasting here. I have no idea what the quality of their shows were like until they closed down.

I think WWE need to really change things up. Ditch the old repetative angles and give new talent a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes isn't it funny the people that hated WCW are now looking at the 2019 version as WWE now....
    Actually one thing WWF fans always used to say to WCW fans was how old their main event stars were. Hogan, Piper, Flair, Savage, Nash, DDP etc.
    But Triple H, Goldberg, Brock, Kane, Undertaker, Angle etc are just as old and older now than what the WCW main eventers were.

Actually one thing WWF fans always used to say to WCW fans was how old their main event stars were. Hogan, Piper, Flair, Savage, Nash, DDP etc.
    But Triple H, Goldberg, Brock, Kane, Undertaker, Angle etc are just as old and older now than what the WCW main eventers were.
    Irony anyone?

Irony anyone?
    More to the point, at least WCW's older main eventers still worked Nitro, Thunder, house shows and PPV. They didn't just show up to wrestle a couple times a year at PPVs.

Wow that Taker - Goldberg match was embarrassing!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    oh man.... what a stinker.. Even Taker looked upset after that one..

plus what, it was like 100 plus degrees out.. man.. im amazed they are still alive....
    Last edited by H.A.L.9000; June 10, 2019 at 03:29pm.
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    oh man.... what a stinker.. Even take looked upset after that one..

plus what..it was like 100 plus degrees out.. man.. im amazed they are still alive....
    This was the worst match I have ever seen either of them wrestle. They shouldn't be wrestling anymore.

The next Super Showdown PPV Main Event will be Harley Race V. Ric Flair...
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

The next Super Showdown PPV Main Event will be Harley Race V. Ric Flair...
    With all the Saudi money involved I really wouldn't be surprised.

oh man.... what a stinker.. Even Taker looked upset after that one..

plus what, it was like 100 plus degrees out.. man.. im amazed they are still alive....
    LOL yeah Taker was thinking "I gave up Starrcast for this!?"
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Very sad to hear of that Adrian 'Lionheart' McCallum has died at the age of only 36. Lionheart was a mainstay on the British Independent wrestling circuit and had also competed in other promotions such as ROH, TNA and WWE.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Very sad to hear of that Adrian 'Lionheart' McCallum has died at the age of only 36. Lionheart was a mainstay on the British Independent wrestling circuit and had also competed in other promotions such as ROH, TNA and WWE.
    Seen the news on Facebook. I must admit though I am not too familiar with his work, but had heard of him and I believe I seen him in TNA.

Heroic Warrior
    just now saw and watched this.

embeded for your entertainment.

Great show at NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff.
    All three title matches didn't result in who I wanted to go over, but all three resulted in who I thought would go over.
    I'd never seen a Cesaro match before he really impressed me. His finisher is awesome!
    Might have known the Welsh boys would have gone over in the tag match. You don't lose a home town title match unless its against Shawn Michaels
    The last man standing match was brutal without going to over the top like a lot of hardcore matches do. But the finish was weak.
    The women's match was a little disappointing. Not up to the standards of the Toni Storm vs Rhea Ripley matches.
    The main event was an outstanding 40 min battle! Astonishing strength moves by Bate and great story telling all round!

I'm about half way through All Out.

- - - Updated - - -

Finished watching All Out. Best spot of the night, Arn's spine buster! He can still hit that and it looks amazing!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Clash of Champions 2019 is among the worst wrestling PPVs I have ever watched.
    Full of boring predictable matches.
    The best match was the triple threat cruiserweight title match on the pre-show.
    Sasha and Becky was the best on the main show.
    The Revival and New Day was okay but how many times have we seen that match...
    It's really hard to pick the worst match! Maybe Kofi and Orton or Rollins and Strowman. Equally as bad for different reasons.
    Kofi and Orton was boring and predictable but Rollins and Strowman was again predictable but the ending was terrible and really showed Strowman's limited in ring ability.
    Last edited by Mark M; September 16, 2019 at 12:54pm.