Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1834

Thread: Masters of the Universe Mini-Series DC Comics Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    In my opinion, people should just quit complaining and be happy they are getting some kind of licensed MOTU media in the first place. Mattel obviously is super over protective of the MOTU property, so I think the fan base should count themselves lucky that a new comic book series is being allowed in the first place.

And, as far as things not being 100% the same, all franchises at one time or another refresh their image from time to time. How else could characters like Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, etc. still be able to win new fans each generation?

I think the main problem as to why MOTU has more or less failed to get many new fans is the fact that everything tends to stay the same. Even the MYP MOTU series, although a wonderfully made series, was more or less the same old MOTU from the 80's.

I'm not saying MOTU should completely forget it's roots, because when it did we got the mostly lame 'He-Man Pretends to Be Flash Gordon' era. I think the most iconic things about He-Man and Co. should be kept, like kept his look familiar enough to the original, but move the stories forward.

Every story being how Skeletor hatches another scheme to get Castle Grayskull is boring and stale. I'd like to see something new for MOTU for a change.

And, concerning all of the hate about Sir Laser Lot, at the very least he seems a bit more of a relevant character compared to Foolish Photog. If I met one of the two in a dark alley, I'd consider the guy with a laser on his head a bit more threatening compared to a guy with a camera for a face.
    So, we shouldn't complain about the new comic, but it's still OK to bash NA and Fearless Photog? And MOTU should change and move forward, but not into the future with "He-Man Pretends to Be Flash Gordon"? Gotcha!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Snappy Threader
    Just a couple of days and I can't wait. Maybe I should break out the tent and camp out to get it.

MOTU Issue #1: PREVIEW!!!

Here's the preview of MOTU #1 from DC's preview Monday's! (SPOILERS show pages 1,2 and 3!)

Standard Cover:

Variant cover:

First Page:

Page 2-3:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Whoa. Thanks, DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Here's the preview of MOTU #1 from DC's preview Monday's! (SPOILERS show pages 1,2 and 3!)

Standard Cover:

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sit...HeMan1_CVR.jpg

Variant cover:

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sit...n1_Variant.jpg
    I don't mind the redesigns that much, but the art of the interior pages is rather poor ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

The art on the inside is a little better than the cover, but the new designs on He-Man & Teela will never work for me. The chainmail adds nothing to He-Man's look & still leaves his chest exposed while Teela looks like a stripper's costume with a medieval motif.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Thank you for sharing this!!! Looooooooooooooooooooooove that it's "He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe" and not just MOTU! Well, that seals it; I work about 10 minutes from my comic shop and live nearly an hour away and have the 4th off and was trying to decide if I should make the trip on Wednesday or just wait until Thursday, but I cannot wait! It looks too awesome!
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Mattel obviously is super over protective of the MOTU property
    Overprotective ??? Mattel allows TG to write the bios and create his own characters
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

The variant cover looks so good (as does the one of the online comic #1, and mini-series #3), but the drawings of the characters on the pages is such a let sown. The redesign is really bad IMHO. I know we saw ith on #3 and in the online version already, but man!!!

To each his/her own, but I think those resigns are a bad mistake on DC's part.

If they would have stayed closer to the MOTUC design, it would have been much much better.

The text is meeeehhh. Those teasers do not excite me at all to read more.

I ordered the whole series anyhow, since it's MOTU. That is the only good thing for me so far...it is at least something. Better than nothing, but who's decision the redesign was...not the smartest move IMO.

Again a new design, WHY??????? Using the MOTUC design on the covers and another in the comic??? In which world does that nmake sense? We will get used to...or not.

I bet if Skeletor, just from the design, would have looked like on the cover variant, well much more people would be happy with that.

Not sure if the new series becomes a hit and therefore maybe a title with such sloppy designs. The artist and inker might be real talents, but I cannot see that yet!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I don't mind the redesigns that much, but the art of the interior pages is rather poor ...
    What he/she said, just my words...that is really poor art, sorry, but it is true!

Why does Justice League 52 get Jim Lee and we get, well THAT!

Movie mayhem!
    Is that really Teela? Is it POSSIBLE it is she-ra since its a dream. The shape of her sword makes me think that maybe. If its Teela it is sort of a let down. It doesn't look anything like her.
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Is that really Teela? Is it POSSIBLE it is she-ra since its a dream. The shape of her sword makes me think that maybe. If its Teela it is sort of a let down. It doesn't look anything like her.
    If it's She-Ra, I'll be just as peeved.

JOIN THE GROUP...

It's probably Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Whoa. Thanks, DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Thank you for sharing this!!! Looooooooooooooooooooooove that it's "He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe" and not just MOTU! Well, that seals it; I work about 10 minutes from my comic shop and live nearly an hour away and have the 4th off and was trying to decide if I should make the trip on Wednesday or just wait until Thursday, but I cannot wait! It looks too awesome!
    No problem guys. I was actually looking to see if Nubia had appeared in any more DC comics (she has!) and saw this on their sidebar and went "OMG! PREVIEW!"

I'm not so much a fan of the redesigns, but I am excited to see where the story goes. I also agree that it's good HE-MAN is in the title. When people remember/talk about Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power they always go "Oh yeah, I watched He-Man and She-Ra" or "I had He-Man and She-Ra figures." Some people are like "What's Masters of the Universe?" but know what "He-Man" is.

For some reason, the first pages remind me of the Kingdom Hearts game's opening!

"Like is any of this for real or not?"

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I should have mentioned this in my post above; I love the covers, but I'm not nuts about the interior art, but these days I mostly buy comics for the writing. Good art obviously helps A LOT, but I'll buy certain books just becasue of the writer, but Ron Lim is the only artist I do that for. The redesigns don't look great to me so far, but I want to see some more of the art before I make up my mind. Except for Beast Man--he looks bada$$! And anywy, we got SO spoiled with the 200X comic having excellent art and writing, I guess I won't be too upset if this isn't as great since I'm certainly not expecting it to surpass the standard Val & Emiliano have set.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    And anywy, we got SO spoiled with the 200X comic having excellent art and writing, I guess I won't be too upset if this isn't as great since I'm certainly not expecting it to surpass the standard Val & Emiliano have set.
    I agree! When I was doing my video for the 30th Anniversary DVD contest, I had out my MVC comics and I was looking through them. Comic covers are usually amazing and when you open the comics, the art is good to mediocre. EVERY SINGLE PAGE in the MVC comics is COVER quality. You don't normally see that in comics. It's quite spectacular. It brought a tear to my eye. I miss the MVC comics!

I do have high hopes for this new series and I don't want to pit the two against each other or anything, but I do miss the MVC comics. They were very high quality through and through.

I think if it was She-Ra, they'd still put some sort of crown on her head.

It still looks like Battleground Teela to me (with a 200X Teela type sword)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Overprotective ??? Mattel allows TG to write the bios and create his own characters
    In comparison to Hasbro, this is all new territory to Mattel.

Sure it does. It's blonde Teela with a new costume. A THIRD costume (the Teela leotard, the 1982 DC bikini and now this modern DC costume).

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I like only seeing characters from the 12-back era. That's who I want to see. Awesome! I hope that's what the series focuses on.
    I still dig most of the new looks, as they aren't really that much different. Except for Evil-Lyn, who is still awful.
    He-Man's chain mail looks awesome.

Look, DC's new version of Teela!

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It's probably Teela.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I think if it was She-Ra, they'd still put some sort of crown on her head.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    In comparison to Hasbro, this is all new territory to Mattel.

Sure it does. It's blonde Teela with a new costume. A THIRD costume (the Teela leotard, the 1982 DC bikini and now this modern DC costume).
    Yea you guys are prob right, i just really hate the idea of her being blonde. She just looks like a completely different person to me.
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I agree! When I was doing my video for the 30th Anniversary DVD contest, I had out my MVC comics and I was looking through them. Comic covers are usually amazing and when you open the comics, the art is good to mediocre. EVERY SINGLE PAGE in the MVC comics is COVER quality. You don't normally see that in comics. It's quite spectacular. It brought a tear to my eye. I miss the MVC comics!

I do have high hopes for this new series and I don't want to pit the two against each other or anything, but I do miss the MVC comics. They were very high quality through and through.
    That is so true. The MVC comics amazed me as well. They are spectecular. Never want to miss those in my collection. I so wish they would have continued!

Among the greatest comics of all time..IMHO!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yea you guys are prob right, i just really hate the idea of her being blonde. She just looks like a completely different person to me.
    I know the feeling when I finally got Teela and Mer-Man in 1983. He's got the wrong head and she's a red head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    That is so true. The MVC comics amazed me as well. They are spectecular. Never want to miss those in my collection. I so wish they would have continued!

Among the greatest comics of all time..IMHO!
    The most amazing things was that the comics were being created by fans who cared deeply about the property, not non-involved creators who were earning a paycheck. The detail on Emiliano's characters; if it was on the toy, then it was on the comics' page. The writing too...the whole bit about He-Man bringing the fire to the water was classic Filmation He-Man. I also liked Trap Jaw's penchant for killing Palace Guards.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I'm not thrilled with the art, especially the layout of the interior double-page spread. It has a lot of issues IMO. This doesn't seem like it was created by someone with a passion for MOTU and some of the redesigns seem uninspired.

Panthor's face is very odd, as is the fact that Skeletor is positioned the way he is, but not riding him. I looks very weird to me.
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I also liked Trap Jaw's penchant for killing Palace Guards.
    That was a bit much for me. I loved the MVC comics, but there were some things I wasn't on-board with. Mainly violence things.

P.S. I really like your new avatar!

I've preordered every issue that's been solicited so far and plan to buy all of them....
    And I certainly won't judge a 22 page book (never mind a six issue story) based only on the couple of pages we've seen.

However, these two pages leave me.... hesitant.
    Still hoping for the best, though.
    Bill :: guitargod694