Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 084 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 084 Discussion!

Episode 084 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode we are joined by Scott Neitlich as we discuss
    SDCC reveal of next map and mini-comic cover,
    final version of Mighty Spector,
    improving customer service,
    soft materials on MOTUC,
    four-sided Castle Grayskull,
    SnakeMen army builder 2-pack options,
    newly tooled figures per year,
    no bendy arms on Slushhead,
    Stay Puft yellowing,
    the MOTUC road map,
    different directions in the MOTUC canon,
    Filmation Hordak,
    Fighting Foe Men at SDCC,
    Gorgon women from Brazilian comics,
    brand team changes,
    head-hunting talent for Mattel,
    Spikor's interchangable wristband,
    different colored power swords,
    Weapons Packs and new weapons,
    New Adventures story line,
    multiple cat species,
    MOTUC SDCC booth display,
    Monster High,
    30th anniversary winner,
    art prints,
    Hover Board and Bob Gale,
    lifespan of a action-figure,
    death of Gwildor,
    Rio Blast and rioting,
    Scott's toy blog,
    stretching out the line,
    Granaymr,
    ThunderCats new episodes,
    Hot Toys Batman,
    the new TMNT movie,
    Dark Shadows and Transformers,
    a new generation of MOTU fans
    and more!

MOTUC bios discussed in this show:
    none

MOTUC figures discussed in this show:
    none

Intro/Outro info:
    (none)

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 2 hour, 06 minutes, 41 seconds

Direct link for Episode 084

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Oooo...Gorgone is talked about?! I have to listen to this one.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

He-Man historian
    Awesome! Been waiting for next RGD!

Have to get this when I get home tonight.

When do you guys have the next fan voice-mail and e-mail episode coming up?
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Our long Gooble-less nightmare has ended! Huzzah!

Lots of good stuff so far! Sad I have to go to sleep. I can't believe he revealed the release year of Nocturna! That was awesome.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Heroic Warrior
    Looks like a very informative episode, can't wait!

what a great show! ...

scott/toy-guru was completely on-form in this episode - he made me chuckle loadsa times, great job scott! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Thanks for the answer to my question Scott! I'm glad to know that's what you're learning towards in terms of Castle Grayskull.

BRING ON THE FOUR SIDED CASTLE GRAYSKULL!

in a movie year
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Me too. Right now!

[shoots up his gooble fix]

..ah... thats better. No more gooble withdrawal.

Last edited by Replikor; April 24, 2012 at 07:52am.

I'm with you 100% about the Turtles, Pixel Dan! I'm a HUGE Turtles Fan, but I'd rather NOT have another Turtles movie to push through, if Michael Bay is going to be a part of it.
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Scott sounds really really optimistic about the brand on this episode. I can't quite figure out if he was hinting at the fact that there has been a big breakthrough in terms of a major entertainment (movie, cartoon, etc...) or if he was just trying to combat the doom and gloom surrounding the line as of late.

Thank you ever so much Val, Downloading it now so i can listen to it with my Morning Coffee

I know you have been very busy with work Val and I just want you to know I appreciate you taking the time to get 84 out to us

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Awesome episode

I like the mentions of 3 more pages for the final mini-comic! That's plenty of room to transition from the second ultimate battleground into...

...New Adventures era...especially now we have confirmation of it no longer being in the future. The flow should be so much better now!

Also, can't wait till Nocturna in 2015!!!!!! I'm going to start a countdown thread!!!! Only about 1095 days to go!!!!! (Hopefully he will have a color change ability also)

And good to hear a couple of mentions about the Son-Of-He-Man (Dare) era. Nice to know that that is scheduled somewhere in the line (albeit probably a bit later on!)

Great stuff!

Fighting Foe Men information in SDCC eh?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Great episode guys! Loved the hints from Scott and the answers to the questions were actually more informative than usual.

Val please get on that licensing agreement to get the old shirts back in stock.

Growing up I was a huge Transformers (Gen 1) and TMNT fan. So to hear that Michael Bay was about to ruin another of my favorite franchises (from the press release of his comments) made me want to cry. So we've replaced TMNT with NTLA (Ninja Turtle Like Aliens, because they aren't turtles if they aren't from Earth just resemble Earth turtles). If the alien thing is the Ooze, I'm fine with that, but if these are aliens that are oozed on their trip/arrival to earth... I think I'll throw up. I for one will probably not go see it in the theaters just from Bay's comments, just like I didn't see TF3 in the theater.
    And IMO, the first Transformers movie wasn't that bad, it stuck to the premise and showed some promise. Then the bus crashed, turned into a 13 year olds puberty joke book (#2), flipped over Chicago, exploded, and died. All while wearing a presitene, form fitting, white dress.

I want official prints at Powercon! I hope it can happen!
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Unfortunately, it's sad news. Otherwise, this episode was fantastic! Love scott's enthusiasm.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    A

Also, can't wait till Nocturna in 2015!!!!!! I'm going to start a countdown thread!!!! Only about 1095 days to go!!!!! (Hopefully he will have a color change ability also)
    This is exciting news! I'm up for any NA characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm so glad that the line is doing SUPER well. So well that...

Mattel is starting to take the line seriously and MOTUC is starting to become a "real" toyline.

About the Snake Men warriors...

It's good that Toyguru said that NEW sculpts are on the table! The heck with this repaint talk! Let's get Snake Men models 1 and 2 in the line, now that we have #3 and 4!

I'm also thrilled about Nocturna coming in 2015! It's awesome that we got word of a far away upcoming figure much like how TG dropped the Faceless One coming in 2011, back in 2009. I guess we can take his thread out of the other forum now?

I'm a Transformers fan. I'm not a Geewunner, but I like the various incarnations of Transformers. Most notably, G1, Beast Wars, Animated and Prime since I thought that they had the best characterizations and storylines. Initially ,I hated the direction that Bay's movies were going, wanting characters to be more recognizable and true to the originals. I was a member over at the movie forums with Bowspearer debating with the supporters over every little senseless change but after seeing the first movie, I realized that it's just another version of Transformers. While I enjoyed the Bayformers movies, I went to see the robots, not the toilet humor. It's unfortunate that Optimus Prime had an awesome battle in the woods against 3 Decepticons in live action, yet all Bayformer detractors can remember are Devastator's balls. The G1 characters weren't going away forever or changing to the movie versions, as shown through 3 IDW comics, the Alex Irvine novels, Transformers Generations toys (Shockwave! Bruticus! Possibly the Dinobots!) and the War For Cybertron video games.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 24, 2012 at 12:49pm.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Glad to hear about Dare being an ideal candidate to help the line evolve.

As for Dark Shadows, I'm hoping it's just an issue of how the trailer was cut, but given Danielle's info on the delay of House of Dark Shadows and Night of Dark Shadows to DVD, I'm hanging my head in a moment of silence.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Val Great Pod Cast as always.

When I heard you cut your finger with that straight razor I felt bad for you man. I have been a Master Barber for 20 years and you NEVER check the sharpness of a straight razor with your finger.
    Always hold out a good size piece of paper and run the blade along the paper and if it cuts the paper easy then it's sharp

Turbo Orangutan Kosmic JimPansen's Avatar
    Yep Scott is right on Spikor! Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Val Great Pod Cast as always.

When I heard you cut your finger with that straight razor I felt bad for you man. I have been a Master Barber for 20 years and you NEVER check the sharpness of a straight razor with your finger.
    Always hold out a good size piece of paper and run the blade along the paper and if it cuts the paper easy then it's sharp
    I'm always sooo tempted to feel a blade with my finger. Unfortunately the only way to tell with that method is to cut the finger! I just use a fingernail. If the blade can shave a thin strip off of my thumbnail then it is sharp enough.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I was trying to shave off some hairs on my hand with it. I just accidently caught my finger when closing the blade into the guard. I foolishly had my finger too close to the guard opening.

Excellent episode guys!
    For me Tim Burton is one of the most overrated director of our time alongside Nolan, Snyder and Tarantino. Ed Wood was good, but his masterpieces are the Pee Wee Herman movies, that´s cool stuff!
    Eamon, so glad to hear it and you´re right, the best oranges are in Spain, in Valencia to be precise

Keep up the awesome work, already impatient for ep 85!

Evil Chibi Warrior super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Really enjoyed the episode. Always like it when Toyguru comes on. I feel he comes across better, verbally. More importantly learned some new stuff. I do really want to hear more about his feelings towards the Thundercats and what he would have done with the line.

Did wince when you cut yourself though Val. Is this the first Gooble podcast with that many beeps?!