Thread: Earthworm Jim Animated Series From Interplay Entertaintment

Heroic Warrior

Earthworm Jim Animated Series From Interplay Entertaintment

A new “Earthworm Jim” animated TV series is in development, Variety has learned exclusively.

The project hails from Interplay Entertainment Corp., which owns the rights to the “Earthworm Jim” games. Interplay has partnered with APA to bring the project to television.

Like the games, the series would follow the adventures of the titular Jim, a worm in a futuristic robotic suit who fights evildoers. The series will also bring in new characters as they navigate the galaxy, where each planet is home to a race of anthropomorphic animals. Jim’s ultimate quest is to find his true home among the stars: a near-mythical planet called Earth.
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/ear...es-1235114624/

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    What I'm hearing is Peter Puppy probably won't be his sidekick this time around. The original cartoon is some mighty big shoes to fill, but I'm hopeful.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Unfortunately TenNapel is probably going to be involved since he's weaseled ownership into his hands(notice the article doens't mention him, just "Interplay"... which isn't even remotely the company that existed in the 90s as they folded), so I'm not expecting much out of this.

He did minimal work on the franchise yet acts like he's 100% responsible for the franchise existing, too busy pretending the rest of the crew don't exist to even spit on them. Plus, well... he's nuts. His reasons for hating the original cartoon alone aren't of a sound mind, of which he only admits he signed off on for the money.