Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A clear sign of change in brand management

Heroic Warrior

A clear sign of change in brand management

I just wanted to direct everyones attention to Mattycollector and the ask matty forum in general where TG (Scott) just answered a MEGA TON of questions. This is the kind of thing that he does for the community that I really appreciate and respect him for. Just wanted to point out how impressed I was with his work.

which bit is the change?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    which bit is the change?
    I think that he's just responding more frequently in the Ask Matty section. I appreciate it, it seems like he does this in his free time some days. We are lucky to have a fan at the helm.

Good for you to recognize a job well done. Too often the community as a whole overlooks the good that Scott has done for us. There are a great many factors that Scott really has no control over and he takes the heat for those errors and decisions like a champ. I second your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I think that he's just responding more frequently in the Ask Matty section. I appreciate it, it seems like he does this in his free time some days. We are lucky to have a fan at the helm.
    ah ok i see. if we remember back a while ago, he used to answer a lot back then too when the asky matty section first showed up - but then he pulled back a lot (when his little one was born). it is great that he posts a lot again but... it has kinda made the WTFWTK a little bit boring (though i'd much rather the ask matty section out of the two)

He has made great strides in communication, now all we need is that same focus on QC and Customer Service. It's not just him but the whole team in general.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

TG has always done a pretty good job of answering questions, and this should be commended. The only part that I hope he would inprove on is taking responsibility for the whole team. He is brand manager, you can't side step answers with sorry that's the shipping department, that's design, that's a CS question etc. As brand manager isn't he supposed to be in charge of the entire brand? Step up and answer for your entire brand.

Also would love if question he answered with 'I'll look into it" would actually be reported to us. How long have we been asking why is shipping so expensive, we want better out of USA shipping options. Since 2008 he has been looking into this. Thanks for answering questions but don't just brush them off.

Again thank you TG for the time answering questions.

J

Well, I guess we can't win. Check out the polar opposite of this "positve brand management" with the responses from "Mattel" with the WTFWTK 2.79 Read that and weep, or scream. Every one of these answers was misinformed, or outright insulting.

Those were all the questions he answered yesterday on the 15th. Scott hasn't answered any from today.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Those were all the questions he answered yesterday on the 15th. Scott hasn't answered any from today.
    I'm assuming he's super busy given a lot of changes with the schedule and other issues lately- I just thought I'd make the post as a sort of "olive branch" letting Scott know I appreciate the fact he's being so clear with communication lately.

I love Scooter.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I love Scooter.
    That's Muppetational.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't care about quantity, when so many are copy/paste, or just downright dismissive.

I want quality - and none of the promises that were made have been kept yet. I mean, heck, for example, it was the beginning of January when we were "a few weeks" from a working sub page, and now it's five months later and still nada. And you can't say, "Things take time", because apparently it had been in the works and he gave it a time frame of a "few weeks". "A few weeks" does not = five months.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    I don't care about quantity, when so many are copy/paste, or just downright dismissive.

I want quality - and none of the promises that were made have been kept yet. I mean, heck, for example, it was the beginning of January when we were "a few weeks" from a working sub page, and now it's five months later and still nada. And you can't say, "Things take time", because apparently it had been in the works and he gave it a time frame of a "few weeks". "A few weeks" does not = five months.
    I would say the same for the posters. Too much quantity, not enough quality. I don't understand why people (many of whom are not new on the boards and know the drill) continue to clog it up with CS questions and shipping issues as well as questions that have already been asked many times already. The same goes for what seems like an increasing number of posters who are trying to call Scott out on something and usually end up just looking like petulant children. It's not Scott's job to engage in a back and forth arguments or debates and I honestly don't blame him for giving "stock" answers to these types of questions.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

I want quality - and none of the promises that were made have been kept yet. I mean, heck, for example, it was the beginning of January when we were "a few weeks" from a working sub page, and now it's five months later and still nada. And you can't say, "Things take time", because apparently it had been in the works and he gave it a time frame of a "few weeks".
    I was the same with the patronisingly-worded "new Grayskull-sized servers" promise each and every month when we'd all swamp the site before subs offered another route.

"A few weeks" does not = five months.
    It does if you're the Mighty Spector Hang on a moment, Scott created Spector. Hmmmmm

I always like to think though, that we treat "Scott as Scott" and "Scott in MOTUC-role", as two different things.
    On one hand, we're often let down by so many shoddy areas of the line.
    On the other, Scott himself is a really good guy, an obviously dedicated fan and who has the awkward job of liasing between "us" and "them" and working within "their" limitations.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

This thread title is misleading, I was expecting an announcement of Scott's resignation

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Well, I guess we can't win. Check out the polar opposite of this "positve brand management" with the responses from "Mattel" with the WTFWTK 2.79 Read that and weep, or scream. Every one of these answers was misinformed, or outright insulting.
    Yeah, there's nothing wrong with Snout Spout. Toys just break when you play or pose them
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    I was the same with the patronisingly-worded "new Grayskull-sized servers" promise each and every month when we'd all swamp the site before subs offered another route.

It does if you're the Mighty Spector Hang on a moment, Scott created Spector. Hmmmmm

I always like to think though, that we treat "Scott as Scott" and "Scott in MOTUC-role", as two different things.
    On one hand, we're often let down by so many shoddy areas of the line.
    On the other, Scott himself is a really good guy, an obviously dedicated fan and who has the awkward job of liasing between "us" and "them" and working within "their" limitations.
    I know when I'm voicing concerns over something regarding the brand, I try to say Toy Guru, or TG, versus actually using the name Scott. I know it isn't a big difference, but I think of TG as the guy running this brand, who makes some decisions I personally have a beef with, versus Scott the real person, who does seem to be a pretty good guy with the good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I just wanted to direct everyones attention to Mattycollector and the ask matty forum in general where TG (Scott) just answered a MEGA TON of questions. This is the kind of thing that he does for the community that I really appreciate and respect him for. Just wanted to point out how impressed I was with his work.
    I can see how his posting responses can be seen as having increased, because recently they have . The quantity comes and goes in phases. He responded less when he was working on the Green Lantern stuff and the responses can ebb during convention times as well. In all fairness conventions are pure press and keep the Mattel brand teams busy. Imo.

I think that it is swell that you took the time to say something nice about the recent frequency.

I don't care about quantity, when so many are copy/paste, or just downright dismissive....
    Hmmm.... he's been concise when answering some of mine on there but not dismissive. Though I could see how some of his responses could seem that way.
    Last edited by slackrguy; May 17, 2012 at 12:43pm. Reason: clarity
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I'm assuming he's super busy given a lot of changes with the schedule and other issues lately- I just thought I'd make the post as a sort of "olive branch" letting Scott know I appreciate the fact he's being so clear with communication lately.

Cool post, but I have never thought of you as one of "those guys" that is just negative, you have given praise when it felt right and given constructive criticism when you felt it was needed. This place would be better with more fans like that
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar

Well considering most of the questions posted are about the same thing (subs shipping separately), then if I were him, I'd also copy/paste the answer to save me having to write it out each time. Surely people should look to see if the question has already been asked first?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    I guess in general I'm just trying to be a more positive presence on here as of late- I won't stop from calling things out though like the whole SS controversy which is ridiculous for instance.

Heroic Warrior
    I also think, it's a good thing, that he answers now more often questions. It's the right thing to stay in touch with the customers...

I appreciate it when Scott takes the time to answer questions. However, the tough questions seem to get ignored. It's hard to applaud change when it doesn't really exist. Change involves action not mere words. Mattel is still denying the existence of defective figures. There are still problems with Digital River. Where is the change? Prices are going to go up so I guess at least that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    I appreciate it when Scott takes the time to answer questions. However, the tough questions seem to get ignored. It's hard to applaud change when it doesn't really exist. Change involves action not mere words. Mattel is still denying the existence of defective figures. There are still problems with Digital River. Where is the change? Prices are going to go up so I guess at least that will change.
    Mattel is deny the existence of defective figures? Um negative, there has been many posts about QC problems. But other then refunds they have not offered a solution fans are happy with.
    the ignore list is my new best friend
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Mattel is deny the existence of defective figures? Um negative, there has been many posts about QC problems. But other then refunds they have not offered a solution fans are happy with.
    They still say that Snout Spout is not defective, and that toys may break from play and posing. People have broken MOMC Snout Spouts. Yes they are offering a refund for a 'broken' toy (minus shipping cost), but still deny that it is defective.

J