Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which figures would you consider flawless?

which figures would you consider flawless?

I'm fairly new to collecting this line. I didn't even know about it till Feb of this year. I've read about alot of things people didn't like but I was curious as to which figures people think were done brilliantly. I couldn't find a thread like this so I'm sorry if its been done. I personally think both the cats are perfect to me. I also love cringer and Orko. Thoughts?

Note: Everyone's definition of flawless is different. I'm open to all interpretations.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Trap Jaw
    Shadow Weaver
    Fisto
    Draego-Man
    Scareglow
    Vikor
    Moss Man
    Wun-Dar
    Count Marzo
    Hordak
    Demo-Man
    Kobra Kahn
    King Grayskull
    Optikk
    Icarius
    He-Ro
    Man-E-Faces
    Skeletor
    He-Man

I better stop because I could go on and on. I think the easier question to ask is what figures are flawed

Heroic Warrior
    Man at Arms and Trap Jaw are the immediate standout characters that pop immediately to mind.

Man At Arms
    Trap Jaw
    Buzz Off
    Merman

Heroic Warrior
    Catra and Adora, for me. Some complain about Adora's "granny panties", but honestly I never noticed until it was pointed out, and I still don't care.

Gorgeous figures, exactly as I have always wanted them.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Just for fun I put together a list of which figures that personally bother me. For the record I own one or more of each figure except for Mo-larr. Some fans are probably not bothered by what bothers me and may be bothered by things that do not bother me: IE Sorceress' wings or Catra's hand and whip get a lot of complaints but I don't list them here. This is just my personal list of flawed figures.

2008 - no major flaws

Stratos - Needs hands that can hold a weapon. Wings should not be glued in place.

Goddess - This figure breaks easily. Mattel says the plastic isn't brittle. Personal experience says otherwise. I've even had a Goddess figure snap at the neck!

Adora - Figure has granny panties and is always looking down. Perhaps softer hair would have helped?

She-ra - Costume is gray or maybe off white. Not white. Skirt is stiff and legs cannot open to ride Swiftwind.

Mo-larr - lol No thank you.

Prince Adam - Missing a scabbard on his back to hold his sword like Adora has.

King Hssss - Snake form should have been much better. It looks like it has rabbit teeth and too few snakes. Not very impressive. Crotch piece is too rigid and greatly limits posing.

Faceless One - Yeah he has a face. Bad call Mattel.

Clawful - In my opinion this figure suffers more than any other from being too vintage. He needed to include an updated head. Looks campy, even for MOTU.

Man-E-Faces - A semi minor nitpick, but I don't like the slight orange hue in his skin and wish the purple highlights on his suit were a bit darker and more like his 8 back art.

Snout Spout - His trunk may not hold up over time. Some fans report it being broken even in the package.

Star Sisters - Wrong deco colors chosen. IMO should have used the colors from the poster art. Many fans agree.

Stinkor - His forearms are upside down. Mattel says incorrect anatomy makes figures "POP"

The Mighty Spector - I wish the spade had been a Grayskull symbol, hour glass or even a clock instead (Like the Son of He-man Man-E-Faces!). I can't stand the symbol as is.

Vykron and Sir Lamealot get lucky here because I'm choosing to comment only on figures currently released. I hope this helped! Any figure not listed here you can assume I consider them flawless. Or close enough to flawless.
    Last edited by davidlogan; May 26, 2012 at 01:57am.
    "..."

Heroic Warrior
    I agree with most of the lists here, but I would also add Whiplash. His paint apps and QC were as close to perfect as this line is going to get.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Mer-Man
    Zodac
    He-Ro
    Trap Jaw
    Scare Glow
    King Randor
    Battle Cat
    Panthor
    Moss Man
    Count Marzo
    Orko
    Whiplash
    Man-E-Faces
    Fisto
    Kobra Khan
    Shadow Weaver
    Optikk
    Icarius

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Scorpia, Blast-Attak, Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Two-Bad, Glimmer, Madam Razz, Snake Face, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Extendar,Shokoti and Saurod. Oh wait, those weren't made yet. Some of them probably never will be.

Quite a few actually. They're the ones that sometimes don't get talked about as much, because there is nothing to critique.

Even though there are things I'd like done differently on some of these figures, it's personal preference. For what they are, I consider these figures to be flawless.

1. Beastman

2. Battle Cat

3. Panthor (forget you pro-flockers! )

4. Merman/Blue Merman

5. Scareglow

6. Man-At-Arms

7. Fisto

8. Shadow Weaver

9. Kobra Khan

10. Webstor

11. Skeletor (Prefer booted feet, but the Skeletor we have is a flawless figure)

12. Whiplash

13. Leech (One of the biggest Leech fans alive, I consider him to be near perfect)

14. Man-E-Faces

15. Trapjaw

16. Optikk

17. Tri-Klops

18. Adora

19. King Grayskull (reissue)

20. Orko

21. Count Marzo

There are a few more, but these guys/gals are pretty much perfect in my opinion.

Turbo Orangutan Kosmic JimPansen's Avatar
    Trap-Jaw
    Man-at-Arms
    Vikor
    Beast Man
    Mer-Man
    those are 100% perfect!

Yeah, I would add Adora to my list as impressive and flawless too. I love her sword and she looks exactly like I had invisioned. I'll also add Draego-man as he is amazing and in my opinion Stinkor is perfect to me.....I have him next to my Skeletor right now and his arms don't bother me at all. I think if anything it's better to be different. Maybe that's the benefit of being a new collector....I'm not used to any particular formulas or modeling so I don't notice minor things. As far as Panthor, I love him not flocked. (more likely to stay flawless a lot longer....hard to find a perfect vintage panthor now a days) Thanks for those who have responded thus far....I'm excited to be picking up some of these "perfect" figures very soon!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Mer-Man
    Adora
    Teela
    Skeletor
    Zodac
    Trap-Jaw
    Buzz-Off
    Clawful
    Whiplash
    Evil-Lyn
    Moss Man
    Scareglow
    Fisto
    Catra
    Kobra Khan
    Shadow Weaver
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Adora, Evil-Lyn, Teela, Skeletor, Orko, Bow, Battle Cat, optic, Icarious, Webstor, Fisto
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 26, 2012 at 10:28pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    I consider a lot of them to be flawless, actually. The only ones I truly am not impressed with are:

Palace Guards - the weapons' paint keeps chipping off and there are now silver blotches on my figures. Painting blue weapons silver was a dumb move.

Grizzlor - as much as I hate to say it, the fur is too thick. The harness and belt have a hard time attaching and his weapons keep falling out of his packpack/harness when he's posed.

Sorceress - The stupid drums on the back of her arms look awful. Very disappointed in that figure.

If I were to pick a single "best" figure, I'd say Fisto and Draego-Man are tied. Every other figure I own (which is most of them) I have zero complaints about.
    Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Nearly all of them, not many flawed figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Nearly all of them, not many flawed figures.
    Agreed. I would only change Roboto and Stratos of the ones that I own.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I think the figures that have required more "basic body" construction have fared the best. Of the vintage first two waves (of which only Ram Man is yet to be produced), I think all of the figures have been updated perfectly. ...Well Zodac's pretty bland, bet let's be honest, he always was anyway! (Wish they had used the vintage "neon", or boxart "flame" colour scheme on Faker instead of duller "natural" colours, but maybe I pick him out as he's traditionally my favourite character of the franchise!)
    In some cases it's been more a question of style more than anything (for example, I hated Count Marzo, faaaar to 200x looking for the Classics line IMO), and we won't even mention a three certain Sisters from the Stars.
    There are certainly ones I like less (I like what they attempted with Leech but he looks just... wrong to me; Clawful is infamously seen as a missed opportunity) but in terms of design (over the well documented QC problems) I think the line has done pretty darn well, especially considering the tooling / budget restraints.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    green goddess
    roboto
    king hssss
    snout spout

they are the best

IMO almost all of them are flawless. I believe MOTUC is the best toy line ever. Here are the only figures I have some issue with.

1. Jewelstar. Just looks bad in my opinion. Only figure in the line I really don't care for.
    2. Tallstar. My Tallstar won't stand. Guess the extra neck piece makes her a bit top heavy.
    3. Preternia Disguise He-Man. I absolutely love the look and accessories of this figure. Unfortunately, mine has the loosest ankles ever and has literally fallen of my shelf about 30 times. Amazingly he hasn't broken yet.
    4. Prince Adam. I love the way he looks, but I really wish they had sculpted a sword holster.

Heroic Warrior
    Flawless? None of them. There are minor issues with every figure, even if it's just a small painting error. The bucks are unsymmetrical too. The males have uneven ribs and the females lean over to one side. Doesn't mean I don't like them, but definitely none are flawless.

If the question is meant to be 'which characters have been interpreted very well?' then I would nominate several including Trap Jaw, Mer-Man, Skeletor and Hordak.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JoePanthor View Post
    4. Prince Adam. I love the way he looks, but I really wish they had sculpted a sword holster.
    They did. It just "fell off the prototype" Sent to Mattel before they tooled it. The 4 horsemen intended him to have the same holster as Adora. This was discussed in a Roast Gooble Dinner somewhere. Another reason to double check with the horsemen before tooling is done. That might have saved Stinkor his "Designed" anatomy flaw as well. Last we heard, the horsemen were never told about the reversed forearms.

Heroic Warrior
    They're all great but…flawless…hmm…

Top of the list: Shadow Weaver! She's absolutely perfect!
    Also…
    Man-At-Arms
    Hordak
    Kobra Khan
    Trapjaw
    Skeletor (with Alcala head)
    Vikor
    Man-E-Faces
    Bow! (gorgeous figure!)
    Fisto
    Flipshot
    Battleground Teela
    Battlecat and Panthor
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Fisto
    Trap Jaw
    Stinkor
    Battle Cat
    Panthor
    Faker
    Merman
    Kobra Kahn
    Icarius

I think most are great but my favorites have the accessories from both eras not solely the vintage style characteristics. Even an extra head could've helped many figures.