Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FILMation "ANKLEPANTS" STICKER

FILMation "ANKLEPANTS" STICKER

Would you guys like to see a FILMation logo sticker on FILMation figures?? I think that would be fun. Love the Anklepants font in that old logo.

- - - Updated - - -

*MODS, how about giving us ANKLEPANTS font to post with??
    Danielsan52

Most wanted Classics figures:
    Stretch Neck, Vypor, Sharella, Secret Liquid of Life Teela, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Princess Rana, Golden Rod/Aramesh, RoboWoman, Prince Dakon, Shezar, NA Sorceress, Ultimate Goddess, Lt. Andra

I would think that would be a cool homage to Filmation. Question is, does Mattel have the rights to use the logo?
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Evil Janitor of Skeletor dr phiz's Avatar
    I was wondering this same thing. I think it would be awesome, personally. Minus the characters already in factions, they would have their Horde sticker or whoever they rolled with.
    Feedback thread

Great sellers/traders: Soulfly, Grayskulls Fakor, bigassbuzz, greyskull1, boggs32, Karak Nul, J-Sun, Son of Keldor, aiwaloki, Starshine, Vlcan, joeybones, beastor, stprime

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I don't want any special logo because Filmation is not a faction, like the Horde or Snakemen.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Would you guys like to see a FILMation logo sticker on FILMation figures?? I think that would be fun. Love the Anklepants font in that old logo.

- - - Updated - - -

So like this???

[IMG][/IMG]

Sure,

we already have the non-faction specific "Princess of Power" label, might as well spread the non-faction love with a FILMATION sticker.

It is a good idea.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Why would it not be a good idea, many of the possible Filmation characters were not even in a faction....

I mean common sense would tell you if a character was in Filmation but in the Horde like SW, they would get a Horde sticker, but Shokoti was not in a faction, Count Marzo (for example) was not in a faction....many of them were just Characters that served their own purposes....

So being they are from Filmation only....they should get a Filmation sticker, or something signifying that.

Sometimes though I wish the whole sticker thing was never thought up, it just gives everyone something else to go on about. It is what it is, so whatever, and to be honest, some of the stickers take up too much room on the bubble anyway, to me it's all MOTU, so who cares.

I mean Transformers Generations WFC figures were Autobots & Decepticons, YET, they all got the WFC stickers on the bubbles....now why can't the MOTU packages reflect the media they're from as well as faction....who said that couldn't be so?

POP is what the TGR is called now, it's very unlikely it will change....so what? We all know what sides the characters are from, do we really need a sticker to tell us? It is what it is, doesn't mean Filmation fans can't get a sticker just because the POP one isn't liked.

A Dodge Stratus is still a Dodge Stratus if you removed the logos and emblems, and slapped a RAM Truck logo on it, it may not be a truck, but it's still a Dodge. TGR is called POP, you still know what it represents, and which faction it really is, but it's still from the POP cartoon, be glad the Horde have their own sticker.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 19, 2012 at 12:49am.
    Coming....
    Considering....

Nice, just added this anklepants font to my fonts collection....thanks!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Heroic Warrior
    No.

No I don't.

'Filmation' is an illusiory catagory. It overlaps too many other stuff. Some are master's and Evil Warriors... who don't have faction sticker. Some are PoP, Some Styleguide, Some are Horde. Some are unaligned like Marzo who ALSO doesn't have a sticker...

If filmation got a sticker, then MYP should have gotten stickers with Marzo and Carnivous... Mini comics should have gotten one with PD disguise He-man and Green Goddess...

If Filmation got a sticker, then Shadow weaver should have gotten one... along with She-ra, Bow and Adora... Marlena... Orko... etc, etc...

That ship has sailed. Introducing ANOTHER imaginary 'subgroup' doesn't help anyone... MOTUC covers all eras... they are all MOTUC. No need to point out WHERE they came from...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    No.

No I don't.

'Filmation' is an illusiory catagory. It overlaps too many other stuff. Some are master's and Evil Warriors... who don't have faction sticker. Some are PoP, Some Styleguide, Some are Horde. Some are unaligned like Marzo who ALSO doesn't have a sticker...

If filmation got a sticker, then MYP should have gotten stickers with Marzo and Carnivous... Mini comics should have gotten one with PD disguise He-man and Green Goddess...

If Filmation got a sticker, then Shadow weaver should have gotten one... along with She-ra, Bow and Adora... Marlena... Orko... etc, etc...

That ship has sailed. Introducing ANOTHER imaginary 'subgroup' doesn't help anyone... MOTUC covers all eras... they are all MOTUC. No need to point out WHERE they came from...
    Doesn't have to be a faction to have a sticker, the sticker doesn't have to be huge and cover the bubble like the ones we already have do.

Nothing in the line is consistent, the Stickers weren't widely used like they are now unitl 2011 for anyone but the 2 POP, 2 Horde & one other that happened to be used on Optikk....I mean when you think of it, not all are MOTU, only the good guys from He-Man's side were MOTU, and Skeletor's crew were not, yet Skeletor didn't get a faction sticker. Now everything gets a sticker, even the POG figures....

Filmation deserves something, even an inset on the bubble insert....It is the second oldest media format of MOTU, but the most widely known.

Marzo was in both Filmation and 200X (And I don't care that he looks different, he is Count Marzo), Carnivus was technically a Heroic Warrior, which had no faction stickers....Shadow Weaver was in the Horde, She got a sticker, Bow & She-Ra were POP, Orko & Marlena were NOT Filmation designed figures, they were based on Filmation and I assume the Style Guide, not to mention the Filmation rights had not even been acquired yet when those 2 were made, not to mention they are MOTU Heroic Warriors....which again have no stickers.

And as I said before the NON faction Filmation characters should be the ones who get a sticker, and inset or something, like the Pink foo foo bunny man for example, no Alliance, No faction.
    Coming....
    Considering....

Nope, because unlike every other sticker "Filmation" is not part of the MOTU IP.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    I don't want any special logo because Filmation is not a faction, like the Horde or Snakemen.
    Just like me, I only want faction stickers.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

They can put whatever stickers they want on the packaging, it goes in the bin anyway lol. As long as it doesn't cost me any extra.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

hey man. its nice you postes this answer here and people actually write back to you. I did this answer several times in the past two months in all the topics speaking about filmation sub or filmation figures and no one ever write a word. anyway hell, yes, I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    They can put whatever stickers they want on the packaging, it goes in the bin anyway lol. As long as it doesn't cost me any extra.
    Yeah I pretty much agree. BUT it would be nice to see, though again, seeing as I open the figures and toss out the boxes, whatever the MOC majority want I'll side with. I would love to see the logo on there but in the end I'll only appreciate it for a couple of seconds.

if they EVER do the filmation two pack of he-man and skeletor that I think they should for next year's SDCC exclusive, I REALLY would campaign for the logo there.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'd like to see this, too! I towuld be kind of fun. Besides, it's not like POP and Powers of Grayskull are factions.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I'd like to see this, too! I towuld be kind of fun. Besides, it's not like POP and Powers of Grayskull are factions.
    No, they are toylines, just like MOTU and how the "Heroic Warriors" and "Evil Warriors" don't have stickers separating them, because they are all considered under the MOTU banner....

Not everything is faction related, most of the stickers are related to the toy releases of the Vintage figures.

The toy sub lines were, or were going to be...

MOTU The core set of figures regardless of faction until the Horde were introduced, and even the Horde cam carded as MOTU figures, and the MOTUC banner takes over for any primary He-Man or MOTU toy line.
    Horde Part of the MOTU line, but shown in the POP cartoon, therefore all Horde members will get this logo, even if they came from POP.
    POG
    POP POP is a vintage line, and face it the original '81 - '87 lines are the most important and prevalent in Classics, they will almost always appear as they did back when. And now that MOTUC covers all things, POP is now a sticker to represent the POP vintage toys, except Catra which is now dons a Horde Sticker, because if every POP figure in the vintage line was actually a MOTU figure, Catra would have had the Horde logo on her card, and the rest would have had the POP log, just as they do today.
    NA, was never labeled NA on the cards, just "He-Man", granted they probably used the "faction" logos for NA, because face it, not many at all were familiar with them at all, and the factions stickers just defined the sides, where as "He-Man" sticker would have just confused who was good and who was bad, but even then the "He-Man" logo should have been worked in there somewhere on the card or bubble. But the "He-Man" is covered by the MOTUC banner.
    200X was simply labeled MOTU, just like the vintage line. And is covered by the MOTUC banner.

Thing is POP is not being used as a faction, it's being used to represent the Vintage toys sold under the brand, and Bow was sold under the POP brand, not MOTU, therefore Bow has a POP sticker.

But every Horde member is being locked into the Horde logo, no matter where they cam from....actually it just makes sense that way....POP is not representing TGR faction, just the toyline...

For all we know Sea Hawk probably won't even have a sticker at all, or maybe we will see a TGR sticker....otherwise he could be lumped into the "Heroic Warrior" category along with He-Man & Stratos, which....have no stickers, and that is because of the Vintage box art, not faction related.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 19, 2012 at 02:10pm.
    Coming....
    Considering....

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I've been hoping for this for a while now.

You have no idea how nostalgia powerful those colorful, magical letters are that appeared on my tv screen along with their memorable sound.

It'd be cool if they had Filmation stickers on certain figures, but I agree with others that say we already have enough "factions" and Filmation isnt really a faction. I would LOVE however some merchandise from Classic Media/Mattel that had those colorful Filmation letters on it. Give me a t-shirt, a New Era fitted hat, etc... ANYTHING with that magical Filmation logo on it. <3 Filmation.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

My packaging goes in the garbage.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

If Mattel puts more money and resources into stickers they need to take that away from the toys.
    Personally I'd rather put as many accessories and deco hits in the toys as possible ;-)
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Mine doesn't, but I'd also prefer consistency, I could honestly live without the stickers at all, I know who the factions are....but it's all about the Vintage presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    If Mattel puts more money and resources into stickers they need to take that away from the toys.
    Personally I'd rather put as many accessories and deco hits in the toys as possible ;-)
    The stickers are part of the packaging, with that logic then remove all the stickers and save money....honestly I don't care about the stickers, but since we have them, I will advocate for Filmation something on the package.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 19, 2012 at 05:57pm.
    Coming....
    Considering....

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    that logic
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    the bottom line is if we put more money and resources into videos we need to take that away from the toys. Personally I'd rather put as many accessories and deco hits in the toys as possible. If fans would prefer we cost reduce the toys for higher quality preview videos, please let us know! ;-)
    Anyway, I'd be down for removing the stickers altogether. I collect MOC, but this wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    we dont agree a lot lol, but im with EP here
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    Or just use the high res stickers that Vert made up above- either or works lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Anyway, I'd be down for removing the stickers altogether. I collect MOC, but this wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
    Wouldn't me either....I know who is who.
    Coming....
    Considering....