Thread: My collection of MOTU creations in Soul Calibur V!

My collection of MOTU creations in Soul Calibur V!

By the Power of Grayskull… I. HAVE. CREATIONS!!!

Hey folks! Soul Calibur 5's creation mode rekindled my love of Masters of the Universe. i have spent hours upon hours of recreating my favorite characters, and some new characters from the new Classics line. I know my style is pretty rough, and I really kinda sweatshopped some of these things out super fast, but I think most of these characters have potential. Consider them…."sketches" to be revisited and improved upon. Let's get to it, shall we?

Apologies for the less than awesome photo quality here, I currently do not have a capture setup.

Backstory, if you care… (don't worry, it's brief. I do not fancy myself a fanfic author.)

The people of Europa know all too well the power of the Soul Swords. A version of the story can be heard in every village, in every tavern, and in every castle courtyard. Soul Edge grew so evil by absorbing the souls of all whose blood it spilled, they say, can conquer kingdoms. Soul Calibur is the blade of order, they say, and it can bring peace if wielded by a kind and just-hearted warrior.

The power of the Soul Swords has opened a dimensional rift from Europa to Eternia, a world itself well acquainted magical swords…and dimensional rifts, come to think of it.

On Eternia, there exists a blade that has been defended and sought after for generations. The Sword of Power, the Sword of Grayskull, the Sword of He. It has many names, but they all refer to the same weapon, and it is held by Prince Adam of the House of Randor. Better known as (yet completely known as) He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe, he wields the Sword of Power and with it, the unknowable secrets and magic of Castle Grayskull!

The story of Soul Calibur has made its way to the light hemisphere of Eternia. King Randor of the city of Eternos wants this sword investigated. Any extra advantage to help defeat Skeletor would be welcome. He has commanded Duncan, his Man-At-Arms, to assemble the Masters of the Universe to lean more of this mighty blade, and if possible, retrieve it.

Speaking of Skeletor, rumors of Soul Edge have been whispered in the caverns of Snake Mountain, the villain's seat of power in Eternia's dark hemisphere. He has dispatched his evil warriors to bring him this sword, which he expects will help him kill He-Man, plunder the power of Castle Grayskull, and conquer Eternia.

The strange mystical powers of this portal between dimensions has altered the properties of the Sorceress' magic. Mysteriously, she is able to leave the confines of Castle Grayskull and explore the strange, new world of Europa! With her she brings the twin heirs to the power of Grayskull: none other than He-Man and She-Ra!

We mustn't forget Hordak, and the overwhelming swarm of his personal army, the Horde. Anything that will help him destroy more worlds would be greedily usurped by the ruthless leader of the evil Horde.

And what of the current owners of the Soul Swords? And those all across Europa whose ambitions and avarice already drive them to seek these dangerous weapons? They must not be overlooked….

It is the tale of swords and souls, eternally retold… now told where it has never been told before!

The Masters of the Universe

He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe.

She-Ra, the princess of power.

The Sorceress, heroic guardian of Castle Grayskull

Duncan, the Man-at-Arms. Heroic master of weapons.
    (I'm pretty darn happy at the way this one turned out)

Stratos, heroic winged warrior.
    (I'm not happy with this one at all. Instead of an actual winged warrior, I tried to go for a guy who was inspired by flight and presented like an ancient fighter pilot.)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hadley; July 28, 2012 at 10:22am.

Teela, heroic warrior goddess.

Sy-Klone, heroic fist-flinging tornado.
    (In the 2002 animated series, Sy-Klone was presented as a samurai warrior. Did some research and learned that samurai did wear western-style cuirasses for a time. This made it easier to create the chest detail. The big samurai pants are a cop out, but I like how they look when he starts spinning around in-game. He uses Yoshimitsu's move set naturally to achieve the spinning around. If only you could get rid of the dorky flag.)

Fisto, heroic hand-to-hand fighter.
    (I couldn't get a shot of it, but he uses Astaroth's move set with the big fist hammer weapon. He probably should use Jin's move set, but I couldn't come up with a way to create a big fist.)

Orko & Roboto. Orkoboto? Roborko?
    (This guy's intended as a joke character. I knew I couldn't pull off a good Roboto, but I had a not-horrible base to work from, and that goofy helmet looks like a robot Orko head.)

Vikor, He-Man of the north.

Skeletor, evil lord of destruction.

Evil-Lyn, evil warrior goddess.

(I'm really proud of this one. I experimented with patterns and colors and achieved a really cool velvet-like look on her gear.)

Beast Man, evil henchman.
    (This creation, and one below I'll get to shortly, kinda split from the same embryo. And I'm not happy with either of them. Originally, this guy used a furry vest and had horns coming out of his chest, as he should have. But it's more accurate to have a giant hairy chest instead of a vest, but in doing that, I ran out of equipment slots and couldn't do all the horns. So yeah, this one is pretty half-baked.)

Mer-Man, evil ocean warlord.

Trap Jaw, evil and armed for combat.

Tri-Klops, evil and sees everything.

(No advanced techniques here. I think this guy came out looking pretty cool. Could probably do with better headgear, but he's inspired by his comic book appearance, where he was actually blind and wore a bandanna over his head.)

Faker, evil robotic He-Man impersonator
    (With Faker I used the body holster and the cross pattern to make a more "accurate" looking He-Man chest piece. There's something off about it…which makes sense for a bad guy character, but not for He-Man himself.)

Scare Glow, evil ghost serving Skeletor.

Ninjor, evil ninja warrior.

(He's a ninja. It was the 80s, what do you want? This guy was really thrown together and will be the first one deleted if I need more room.)

Keldor, the origin of Skeletor.

Time for the Horde…some really fun freaks here!

Hordak, ruthless leader of the evil Horde!

Catra, jealous beauty

Grizzlor, hairy henchman of the evil Horde.
    (This is the guy I was talking about earlier. I think that if he and Beast Man merged, I'd have a decent creation between the two of them.)

Leech, evil master of power suction.
    (I experimented with textures and colors a lot on this guy. My first version used a tiger face re-textured with this artichoke pattern, and it looked better than this. I think I deserve points for creative use of boxing gloves.)

Mantenna, evil spy with the bug-out eyes.

Mosquitor, evil energy-draining insectoid.

That's all for now! Hope you like them.

Interesting. I love some of the designs a lot, like Teela, Man-At-Arms, Tri-Klops, and Evil-Lyn. I think those are fantastic! Is there a way to re-work some of the more monstrous characters' heads?
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    These are really good - Teela, scareglow, triklops and evil-lyn are my favourites
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |