Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Some quick updates

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I've gotten all of the MU figures thus far, and while I'll admit they sometimes suffer from Indy Googly Eye Syndrome (hello, Spikor), the other problems you mention are something I've rarely seen. I've never gotten a figure with two left feet like Adora, or a stuck shoulder like Duncan, or something mad from a material that is either leeching white powder or cracking a few months after buying it. I have some that are made out of translucent plastic that are not cracking. Yes, I have a few wobbly joints because of the basic design, but with more parts than any MOTU figure going together, I haven't had any noticeable switches of parts even at the smaller scale.

You can always find glitches and bad paint in any mass produced line; what folks like me take issue with is we have proportionately more in MOTUC compared to other lines, and many of the problems are with every single figure in a run (Snouty, Goddess, etc).
    So you don't have to check a group of say, 3.75" Black Widow while at a store to see which is the best one? All the ones I've seen at retail so far has had some kind of issue.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    You can always find glitches and bad paint in any mass produced line; what folks like me take issue with is we have proportionately more in MOTUC compared to other lines, and many of the problems are with every single figure in a run (Snouty, Goddess, etc).
    Wait what?
    What numbers are you running off here? Do you have in-depth sales and production numbers not only from mattel but other companies as well?

People are really working on theories here, and to be honest, after going over all my figures, there's not half as many faults as are being "screamed" about here every time there is a release.

Even if we set up some sort of reporting thread to every type of mistake, only a handful on the org would comment, less then those would provide pictures to show the mistakes and it would still be just a drop in the ocean compared to the rest of people who buy the figures. So actual sales numbers, comparisons - they go out the window.
    Not to mention that some minor flaws are HUGE in other peoples books.

This is all getting rather silly. Common sense, reality has flown out the door time and time again. I can understand being somewhat miffed about something you have been looking forward (yes and paid for, lets not forget that it has cost you money) to but the loud, bitter and somewhat angry replies have really jumped the shark as of late.

Have any of the people here that have had larger fits of QC or other problems at some point taken a step back and looked at their collection as a whole? Looked at the things they have fixed?
    I'll just mention this again for kicks, because I'm sure there will be some snide comment about it completely ignoring it: I haven't had a single lose ankle since they started to change the pegs in the feet. Even with the "older" types. All joints have actually been rock hard, solid and great on all of my figures after that change happened.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    May I remember everyone about the led paint incident from years ago? How many pics were taken to pull them back?

You can't take paint issues lightly and certainly if healt issues are involved!

An example: I handle my motuc and paint residu is stuck on my hands. After that I eat something without washing my hands.
    It's possible that I eat some piaint residu along with it and that's dangerous for the health.

Does mattel use this black plastic for other lines beside motuc? I would imagine if a barbies paint would come off it wouldn't be aloud to sell to children. But if it's for adults and you can cut costs with it it's no problem? We have to take pics?

Let's say you made toy trains and you let peolpe sub for a year and send them a new train wagon every month for 20 dollars a piece. During that year prices for production go up and you change the plastic it is made with because it costs you less.
    Before you made the change your trains were from a good plastic and the paint doesn't chip. They were aproved and that's the quality everyone aspects who has a sub.
    But with the new plastic the paints chips when handled and subbers now clearly get trains with a poorer quality.

Legaly there are some problems with this I think. Can you change during a contract (a sub in this case) the products quality? If another cheaper plastic was used that wouldn't have the paint chip problem and wont change the quality than that would be legaly ok. But in this case a cheaper plastic is used and it drasticly changes the quality, I would even say it is dangerous for our health.

If this were a kids toy you would have had big problems and maybe you should put 'wash your hands after touching motuc' on the package.

You should be very thankfull no ones going to court for this. We only point out the obvious and one pic should be enough to say that these cutting corners aren't healthy nor legal. What do you like more: 30 people posting pics on here or 30 people go to court with this?
    It's not covered within the contract, so it's fine.

It may be dodgy, but it's perfectly fine from a contract POV.

And I personally find talk of a court action to be extremely over the top. There's just no case.

That's not to say i disagree with the general sentiment. I don't like the use of black plastic like this. I think it's a horrible mistake for joints, and should never have been approved, as it's a basic kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ_81 View Post
    It's not covered within the contract, so it's fine.

It may be dodgy, but it's perfectly fine from a contract POV.

And I personally find talk of a court action to be extremely over the top. There's just no case.

That's not to say i disagree with the general sentiment. I don't like the use of black plastic like this. I think it's a horrible mistake for joints, and should never have been approved, as it's a basic kinda thing.
    Offcourse, there is no contract and there is no case. And like always I was over the top
    What we find basic common knowledge, mattel sees otherwise, it's all about the benjamins
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So you don't have to check a group of say, 3.75" Black Widow while at a store to see which is the best one? All the ones I've seen at retail so far has had some kind of issue.
    If I get them at the store, I do that just as I did with Infinite Heroes and all of Mattel's figures to avoid sloppy paint or, with Mattel, flip-flopped parts. And that is the saddest part; as short a time ago as the 200X line, I never had to worry about issues like that. I always had to check Toy biz figures (the Biz never quite got the hang of the paint mask), but MOTU figures you could pretty well get sight unseen and have no fears. Only Triklops had a problem to begin with with brittle translucent plastic (sound familiar) in his neck joint, but that was quickly fixed once it was reported (without hundreds of pictures of the problem required, I'm quite certain). Mattel's QC was always good, at least on par with or better than their competition; I didn't really mind paying a buck or so more for Mattel's figures as long as that was true, because quality is worth it. The past few years have seen a horrendous drop from those heights.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

If I get them at the store, I do that just as I did with Infinite Heroes and all of Mattel's figures to avoid sloppy paint or, with Mattel, flip-flopped parts. And that is the saddest part; as short a time ago as the 200X line, I never had to worry about issues like that. I always had to check Toy biz figures (the Biz never quite got the hang of the paint mask), but MOTU figures you could pretty well get sight unseen and have no fears. Only Triklops had a problem to begin with with brittle translucent plastic (sound familiar) in his neck joint, but that was quickly fixed once it was reported (without hundreds of pictures of the problem required, I'm quite certain). Mattel's QC was always good, at least on par with or better than their competition; I didn't really mind paying a buck or so more for Mattel's figures as long as that was true, because quality is worth it. The past few years have seen a horrendous drop from those heights.
    The 200X line was the first toy line I remember being upset with because of flaws. My nephew got a ram man that had his button super glued in place and you could clearly see the glue. He was not able to perform his feature. And my merman is glued at the waist so he can't twist. I was really let down by these figures at the time because I couldn't finda replacement for merman. Then MOTUC came along and I've had some issues but now the figures cost significantly more and it's harder to swallow.